Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Okay, now that we have a full team, I'm going to lay down a few ground rules

Rules

No abrupt heel face turns: By this, I mean that if someone before you has written in a character or a plot twist or a story element, you may not abruptly do away with it. If you feel the need to kill off a character or change something, make sure that it is in flow with the story, and please be prepared if need be to explain your decision

Be respectful of your fellow writers: This means no flaming or unneccessary harshness with whatever someone else wrote. Let's keep our critiques constructive

No editing another person's work: I'm sure I don't need to say it, but I will anyway. No messing with what another person wrote. If they wrote something you find hard to work with, just work around it. This is meant to be a challenge, so take it up.

Don't write more or less than 500 words: This is a somewhat flexible rule. I just want to make sure that we're all making equal contributions

Don't take longer than a week to write your turn: This is also a somewhat flexible rule. I just don't want us to get lazy

And Above All, HAVE FUN!

Members of the Gang and the order in which they Write

I will bold the name of the person whose turn it is, and be sure to notify you when it's your turn

1. cara_fairy

2. killah cupcake

3. Ophelianime

4. JasperSethK

Procedure
Once you have finished writing your turn, please pm me the piece and I will post it in a seperate thread. Let's keep this thread for think tank purposes only.
Once I have posted the piece, I will notify the next person whose turn it is.
If at any time you're curious as to who is currently writing, visit this thread and look to see whose name is enlarged

Unforgiving Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
How would this be going? Are we supposed to PM you with an entry first or do we just express interest and then you start things off?

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Lupo Azzuro
How would this be going? Are we supposed to PM you with an entry first or do we just express interest and then you start things off?

I think that an entry would be a good idea, but my main goal is to get a variety of writers, so don't worry about what to submit

Dapper Dabbler

10,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ophelianime

I'd love to work with a few other people. I've never actually done a collaborative piece before. I think it would broaden my horizons. So if you're interested, just let me know, and I'll PM you a chunk of the story I've been working on. I've only ever really written fiction before. Also I seldom have grammatical/spelling errors. Haha. Hard to believe, right? Yeah...well just let me know and I can PM you a little bit of it!

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
killah cupcake
Ophelianime

I'd love to work with a few other people. I've never actually done a collaborative piece before. I think it would broaden my horizons. So if you're interested, just let me know, and I'll PM you a chunk of the story I've been working on. I've only ever really written fiction before. Also I seldom have grammatical/spelling errors. Haha. Hard to believe, right? Yeah...well just let me know and I can PM you a little bit of it!

tha's fine by me
go ahead and pm me and I'll slip you into a slot

Dapper Dabbler

10,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ophelianime

Yay only 1 more person!

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
killah cupcake
Ophelianime

Yay only 1 more person!

hope the last volunteer comes soon
I'm anxious to get started

Divine Shark's Queen

Beloved Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
*pokes fingers together* This sounds like fun. Can I be included, please? >.< Never done this before. Er..background info: I tend to write quirky editorials and narratives or deep psychological stories. In all cases, I'm only grammar nazi with my own work.
i.e. I won't kill someone if they have a comma splice. 3nodding

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
cara_fairy
*pokes fingers together* This sounds like fun. Can I be included, please? >.< Never done this before. Er..background info: I tend to write quirky editorials and narratives or deep psychological stories. In all cases, I'm only grammar nazi with my own work.
i.e. I won't kill someone if they have a comma splice. 3nodding

happy to have thee!
I shall put you into the final slot

Divine Shark's Queen

Beloved Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Yay! ^ ^ A question(or two) though! Who's starting? And do we write in the same order as our slot?

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
cara_fairy
Yay! ^ ^ A question(or two) though! Who's starting? And do we write in the same order as our slot?

I'm just about to write down the order as well as some other things everyone needs to know
check back in less than ten minutes

Divine Shark's Queen

Beloved Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Alright, so plot? I find it helps to think of a setting first. After that a plot naturally follows. Do we want something set in the future, LIKE SKY PIRATES :O. Or in the past, LIKE A FAIRY TALE <3, or something now-ish? Should it be apocalyptic, a narrative, a fable? Sci-fi? @_@

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
okay I'm going to throw out a few plot ideas for discussion

If we want to go the route of the Sci-Fi, Here's an idea
From what I've heard, scientists have discovered a planet that could be terraformed, but it would take around forty years to get there. So if we want to work with that, we could go two ways: ten year old astronauts, or families sent to space. Both plotlines would require a spaceship that doubles as a bio dome.
Any thoughts on this plot?

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
cara_fairy
Alright, so plot? I find it helps to think of a setting first. After that a plot naturally follows. Do we want something set in the future, LIKE SKY PIRATES :O. Or in the past, LIKE A FAIRY TALE <3, or something now-ish? Should it be apocalyptic, a narrative, a fable? Sci-fi? @_@

Well, I just posted my sci-fi idea.

Wealthy Donator

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Marathon 300
Ophelianime
okay I'm going to throw out a few plot ideas for discussion

If we want to go the route of the Sci-Fi, Here's an idea
From what I've heard, scientists have discovered a planet that could be terraformed, but it would take around forty years to get there. So if we want to work with that, we could go two ways: ten year old astronauts, or families sent to space. Both plotlines would require a spaceship that doubles as a bio dome.
Any thoughts on this plot?

Or we could do that thing that it's like frozen sleeping, where you don't age and sleep for the entire trip? I've seen that happen on several tv shows.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff