Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Can't you just be happy that someone was willing to go out with you?" Julie commented. Denver was the only one in the car who didn't laugh. His face seemed to go up in flames as Julie twisted the small knife she had stabbed into the beast. The beast roared in pain, and I felt a little sorry for it. I reached out and tried to pull the blade out of the creature's metal body, but Julie slapped my hand away.

"Does this beast only do as it's told because of your blade? These creatures must live a life of pain. I do not wish for anyone to share my- I mean, it's- fate."

"It's a key, Emily," Julie explained, easily remembering the name, "And cars aren't alive... they never were, so they can't feel pain like we can."

"What do you mean your fate?" Denver asked. Of course. Leave it to the male to ask the question which is obviously trying to be avoided.

"What's that?" I asked, pointing to a random knob.

"That's the radio," Julie explained. She pressed it, and a strange sound came from it. Julie began humming and swaying her head from side to side. "I just love Behtoveen, don't you?"

"No... let's put on some rock'n roll!" Denver said, turning another knob. Drums blasted through the car, along with a few sounds I didn't reconise. A man was half singing, half shouting over the music, and a girl was singing in the background. I covered my ears to avoid the sound.

"Emily doesn't seem to like rock and roll, Denver." Julie pressed a button and Behtoveen returned, bringing relief to my sensative ears. I reached for the knob, wanting to see how it worked. I looked first at Julie, who nodded hesitently, then to Denver, who nodded eagerly.

I turned the knob slowly, stopping when the music stopped. Someone was talking.

"And in other news, a seventeen year old boy was found dead this morning." a man said.

"An investigation has begun in the case of James Woolbrite, who was murdered sometime last night. Neighbors say that the boy had often stayed with them to avoid his father, who was arrested twice on charges of murder. The boy was beaten, it seems, and his throat was ripped out. The boy had few posessions on his person when the body was found, and he appears to have been robbed. His father is a prime suspect due to his police record." a woman continued.

"Wow, isn't that horrible?" the man commented.

"And the boy's mother just reportedly gained custody over him..."

"Crap!" Denver yelled, making me stare at him, "What the hell did we do?"

"What?" Julie asked.

I smiled, "We taught a family to be stronger. It's a part of life... be strong or die. That boy wasn't strong enough."

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
My face turned green. "I think I'm gonna..."

"Don't tell me you're gonna chicken out, Denvy-Wenvy."

I snarled at Julie, my face turning back to it's natural color. Then I grinned. "You should've seen him, sis. He was right there in front of me, begging for mercy. It was REALLY nice seeing him there, in such a vulnerable state." I laughed quietly.

Emily and Julie both stared at me in utter confusion. I turned to Clarissa and said, "Oh, come on! Don't tell me I fooled ya!"

Julie glared at me. "No," she turned away, mumbling nonsense.

"I really thought..." started Emily.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry..." I said, my face was a tomato again.
"Honestly, I don't trust Denver's story, so Emily, what really happened?" Julie asked.

"He didn't beg for mercy." I said, enjoying the coldness in my voice, "He couldn't have. I ripped his throat out. Denver only watched, then he attacked when the boy was dying. He didn't have the strength to kill him."

Shocked silence was Julie's only reply.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"But, I admit, it is pretty nice knowing that he won't bother me anymore..." I mumbled, "Where to?"
I stared blankly ahead of me, my eyes dead of emotion. The first lesson I'd been taught was to never show my heart, and to never show mercy. The strong survive, the weak die. That's the way the world worked, and I had no right to mess it up. I glanced at Denver out of the corner of my eye. He was shaking, whether out of fear or cold, I didn't know. I felt a chill run up my spine, but I didn't shudder. I was used to worse than this.

I looked back out the glass in front of me. A lock of my hair, which had escaped my braid, fell into my face as I looked down at my wrists. Rubies were embedded along my vein, glittering prizes from those I had killed. A black ruby was forming beneath the line, gradually lightening as the boy reached the afterlife. I turned my wrist over, three black feathers adorning my skin, attached to each other by a blue ribbon. Two sky-blue sapphires were at the tips of the outer feathers, and an emerald at the tip of the center feather.

My magical disguise, which I had used in the museum to hide my true form, was gone. I looked over my shoulder in horror as I realized my wings had reappeared. Something had changed. I couldn't use magic. I tried to make a simple spark between my fingers, but even that was impossible.

"Denver..." I said, trying not to whimper it.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"Whoa! Clarissa!" I screamed, studying Clarissa's form change before my eyes. "What the hell is happening to you?!"
"I... I don't know. My true form... They're gonna catch me!" I buried my face in my arms, finally losing it. Tears stung my eyes and rolled down my face. I leaned into Denver, trying to hide myself from the world. "I want to go home!"

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"Hey," I said, putting my arm around her. "Everythin's gonna be fine."

I paused for a moment then asked her: "Need some blood?"
"No... It'd have to be heart blood at this point... it'd end up killing someone, and I don't want to kill anyone." I cried harder. "I'm going soft... I'd be killed if I were home."

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"Eh, dying would be nice, in my case." I lowered my collar and told her, "Drink as much as you want."

"Denver!" screamed Julie.

"Shut up," I replied, "We both know that you'd be better off without me." I stared Julie in the eye, my anger building up.
"Stop!" I yelled, pointing at a group of men. Julie slammed her foot down, and the car stopped. I reached over Denver and opened the door. Denver stepped out, and I followed, keeping my wings behind me and out of sight.

The men all turned and stared at me. One of them broke away from the group and walked to me. He reached out and stroked my face. I stepped back, and he stepped with me. I backed into an alley, and he pinned me to a wall, a stupid grin on his face and a horrid smell on his breath. He pressed his lips to mine, and I took my chance.

I slipped my hands under his shirt and pulled it off. He smiled and kissed me again, his hands wandering over my body. I dug my nails into his chest, directly over his heart. I clapped a hand over his mouth before he could scream. I pushed him to the ground, blood flowing under my hand.

I dug my nails deeper and deeper into his chest, until I found his ribs. I pushed them aside, causing several cracks to be heard. I reached further until my hand came in contact with his beating heart. I wrapped my hand around it and tore it from his body.

The man's body went limp as I pressed my lips to the organ, sucking the blood from the surface of it. When the blood stopped flowing into my mouth, I nibbled on the heart, tasting the flesh. Bloodlust took over and I bit into the silenced organ. It no longer beat.

Flesh and blood entered my mouth. I grinned in pleasure as I took the last bite of the heart. I pulled out the ribs and licked them until they were white. I drank as much as possible, then I threw the ribs at the man and stood, turning to face Denver. The only signs of my true form were my hair, my tattoo, and my fangs, which retracted as my power returned. My wings were hidden, and a slight honey-colored shimmer concealed the jewels on my arms.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
I tried not to puke. "Well, that works too." But failed. I bent down and vomited out the cereals I ate for breakfast. I stood up again and wiped my mouth. "Ugh, I have to get used to that..."

Looking at Clarissa, I smile sheepishly and beckon her to come back to the car before the other men realize what just happened.

Saint

(Mind if I join in?) sweatdrop
I sat by the table, in the coffee shop, surrounded by four unfamiliar faces. I looked at my hand. Two Queens. “Fold”, the man said to my right. “All in,” I said. Two more cards were placed on the table. “Fold”, the man to my left said. It was now just me and the young man with sandy hair and glasses. “Check”, he said. “Check,” I echoed after him. There it was. His heart rate raised in a panic. “Show me your cards.” The dealer said. The young man raised his glasses to the bridge of his nose, as we placed our cards in front of us. “You win with two pairs of Queens and Fours with an Ace kicker.” I smiled as I collected my $30,000.

A car horn went off, and I yelped. The men didn’t seem to notice my outburst, as they scowled in disappointment. I lowered my voice, “Well gentleman, let’s do this again, shall we?” I stepped up, and walked out the door. I walked two blocks and turned the corner onto Monroe St. and stopped by a hot dog stand. “One please. No mustard.” I listened intently, as the man worked. There, across the street, forty yards away was a black Volkswagen, pulled over near an alley. “Come on you two! Get back in the car. We are in a hurry.” A female voice said, impatiently. “Denver, try to hold down what is left of your breakfast.” The two figures got in the car, and drove off.

“That will be two dollars and twenty five cents.” “Thank you.” I walked to the cross walk, and made my way to the other side of the road. I sat on a bench, as I sniffed the air. The scent of roses from the florist just down the road, a wet dog wandering down the street, and the smell of rain filled my nose. I took the wrappings and tossed them just as a gang came down the road, and turned into the dark alley. I followed them in, and leaned against the brick wall. They passed the dumpster, and jumped over the wire fence to the other side of the alley. A man with jet black hair flicked his cigarette to the ground and followed after them. Moments later, they disappeared around the corner, at the end of the alley.

I put on my leather gloves, “Poor fellow, I could smell you a mile away.” I shoved the dumpster out of the way, and pulled the dead body out from behind it. The broken chest cavity was gushing fresh blood, and covered with claw marks. A barely visible blood trail led from the end of the alley where I had come from to behind the dumpster. “What could have done this to you? An animal would have made these claw marks, but surely isn’t smart enough to hide the evidence.” I smiled, and took a small vile from my coat pocket. “You heartless creature, let’s hope Hell doesn’t do you justice.” Placing the body back behind the dumpster, three drops of the liquid from the vile were placed on his chest. His flesh began to burn through, to the bone. I then, picked up the fresh cigarette from the ground, and tossed it in the dumpster.

Casually, I walked out of the alley. I sniffed the air, and headed north. “Nice day for a Fallen Angel’s Convention.” Thirty minutes later, and four blocks away, two fire trucks blazed down the road, in the opposite direction I was going. I smiled under my hood.
(Sorry to sound rude, but PLEASE, NO ONE ELSE JOIN IN!!! This was originally meant to be between my friend and I, but now there are four writers writing. This is a story, not a roleplay. I'm not gonna make anyone leave, I honestly like the people currently helping, but I don't want a story with a thousand writers... Okay, that's a bit overdramatic, but that's where it seems to be heading. If you want to join in, please PM me. Thank you.) (Oh, and welcome to the team, Faelwen, you're a really good writer, and I think you're going to make the story really interesting.)

"I'm glad you're taking a gruesome murder so well, Julie," I muttered.

"You're not human... What do you think of our species?" Julie asked eagerly.

"You're all too different... I don't know what to think, really."

"I see." Julie replied.

We went on in silence, then. I licked the blood off my hands, ignoring Denver's look of disgust.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
I stared at Clarissa and faked a smile. "I'm sorry I - uh - overreacted..." I blushed and watched myself twidle my thumbs. I could hear Julie laughing, but to decided to ignore it. Atleast, for now...

(Try renaming the thread. Make it "The Escape Plan (CLOSED)" lol)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff