Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
I shoved a few spoonfuls into my mouth. After a few minutes, my bowl was empty. I noticed that Clarissa wasn't touching her food, so I told her, "C'mon, you should atleast try it." I smiled at her.
Clarissa reluctantly took a bite of the cereal. She rolled it around with her tongue, trying to pick out each sensation. She didn't know what it was supposed to taste like, but to her it tasted like a kind of stew her aunt used to make from bark. The only difference was that the cereal had strange shapes and colors.

"Are these the star things that make the little elf thing teleport, or is that a different spinoff?" Judeth asked.

"He's a leprechan," Denver replied, "and he doesn't use stars. He uses the rainbow things to teleport."

"No, the rainbows clone him and make him change colors," Judeth insisted, "The stars make him teleport."

"No, pretty sure the stars make him fly. What else is there?"

"The hat!" They both said together.

"Isn't it the hat thing that makes him teleport?" Denver asked.

Judeth shrugged.

"What are you talking about?" Clarissa asked.

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Judeth giggled, as Denver made an effort to explain the cereal's advertisements on television. As he did so, Judeth looked around the room, only to lay eyes on the dry pieces of cereal in her bowl. Deep in thought.

"So whats the plan?" Denver asked.

"Well, I have been thinking. Clarissa is indeed a master of disguise, but who is to say they won't catch you? If Clarissa and I are to be in Argentina for the next eight months, how are we going to keep you out of trouble? I could divert the investigators else where, but it may not last. With dad on the case, you could be discovered sooner then we expect."

Denver sighed. "Since when has dad ever known what was going on in this house? Ever since mom..." He paused.
"Was captured by the Fallen Angels," Clarissa finished.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"You really think she could really be our mom?" I asked Clarissa. I didn't even remember what mom looked like... that sucks.
"She said she had lost her mate and children. She could be," Clarissa shrugged, "She's one of my kind, now. The eclipse changed her."

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"Well, if she was my mother..." I lifted my head and stared idly at the ceiling.
"Finish your sentence, Denver." commanded 'Dictator Judeth'.
I sighed. "If she was my mother." I looked at Clarissa with a serious expression. "Then I'll become a fallen angel, like you."
Clarissa was shocked. She didn't know how to respond to what Denver had just said.

"Denver!" Judeth said in a strained whisper, "What about dad? What about me?"

"Maybe you could be one, too. And dad... We'll see."

"You'd have to learn magic, and you'd have to drink blood or risk losing your power, or being attacked. I wouldn't be able to help you because I'd have to lead them..."

"This is what I want." Denver insisted.

"Fine, if you're sure of what you want, I'll make sure that's the way it is."

Denver nodded. Judeth stared at first Denver, then Clarissa, a shocked and appaled expression on her face.

"And since it's so hard, you're just going to let him?" she said.

"Everyone has hardships," Clarissa said, looking away from the two. Her thoughts drifted back thirteen years, when she was two. She remembered the blood and the screaming as the invaders killed her people. She remembered the boy who had saved her life. As an act of gratitude towards him, her father gave her away for marriage. She was to be his mate for life. He won her, and she was being ungrateful. Her heart called out to another, who was sitting in front of her.

Clarissa wondered what it would be like if Denver was a fallen angel. He'd be as strong as the one who changed him, and he'd owe her a debt of gratitude. But he was human to begin with. Gratitude would not be enough to make him stay if another captured his heart.

stupid girl Clarissa thought. She would never capture his heart. She was to be married. Clarissa tried to prevent it, but her thoughts screamed out at her: was.

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
(I don't mean to criticize anything, this is just a suggestion. I still haven't figured out who the protagonist of this story is, and I am beginning to feel confused. We can't keep writing from our own characters perspective if we want this story to be published into a successful book. Perhaps it is only my opinion, but I am just trying to help. Who is the center of all the action? Thinking about it, I would have to say Denver. He is caught between his over achieving sister, and this bird like creature, who are both confident, and know what they are doing. If he were the protagonist, it may put an interesting twist on things. Also, I have seen alot of repetition between Clarissa and Denver. Is the romantic relationship between them, something you would like to stretch throughout? I just didn't expect anything romantic to happen so early on in the story, since it is only the second day since they met. Just something to think about.) Have a great day! biggrin

"Alright. Denver, must you act so rash. We can't keep jumping to conclusions because you have a whim." Judeth rolled her eyes as she looked at her watch. "Clarissa we need to leave soon. We can talk more about this later." Judeth walked over to her closet, taking out a hoodie, and pulling it over her slender body. Her hair twisted around her face, as she caught a glimpse of Denver scampering out the door. "You will need something to wear too. As beautiful as that dress may be, you will stick out. Feel free to look through my closet. I'll be waiting." Judeth picked up her briefcase, and headed towards the door, closing it behind her.

Denver sat at his desk, trying to comprehend all the information. "I shouldn't worry about it." He thought. "Clarissa and Jude can handle things on their own, what do they need me for?" He mumbled under his breath. "Do you need anything while we are gone?" Judeth asked. "Some peace and quiet will do." Judeth looked hurt by his remarks, and stood motionless in the doorway. "I see. We will be back this afternoon. Call me on my cellular device if you need anything." Denver rolled his eyes. "It's called a cell phone. Come join us in this century, where everyone uses slang." But Judeth had already gone back to her room. Denver had spent the morning biting his tongue, keeping his comments contained. He couldn't stand his sister, and now she had taken full dictatorship of the escape plan that he started. He huffed.
i haven't really thought about it... i figured we'd edit it after we'd finished... we'll see.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
(Hehe, I agree. Isn't it a bit too early for Clarissa to start to fall for Denver?)

"Do you need anything while we are gone?" I said in a fake Judeth voice. "Sheesh. And who still calls cell phones, cellular devices? It's the 20th century for God's sake..."

I collapse on my bed. It's finally Saturday, I thought. Time to sleep!.. But I still have some homework... Bleh... I'll do it later...

Before long, sleep was upon me.
(Clarissa's more or less just thinking about her fiance and the possibility that she likes Denver right now)

Clarissa stared at the clothes. Grey skirts that only reached to her knees, blouses, grey jackets, and grey trousers were all folded and put on shelves. Brightly colored shirts were hung up, bits of paper stuck to them. Tattered blue pants were put in a drawer, and colorful skirts were shoved into a corner. Clarissa removed her red dress and folded it, placing it on a shelf. She wondered idely if she should take off her black leather corset and her short silk pants as well, but she decided against it. She took a string of claws from around her neck and stared at the bone pendant which hung from it. Two silver rings hung from an ivory oval, which had an arrow ensnared in vines carved onto the front. Clarissa opened the locket and stared at a sketch of her sister. The opposite side was filled with blood.

Clarissa felt a great sadness wash over her as she stared at the red, the sign that the boy she loved was dead. Executed by Clarissa's father, so that she could marry the man he had chosen for her.

Clarissa grabbed a bright pink shirt from a rack and unclipped it from the hanger. She slipped it over her head and put her arm through the single, short sleeve. She then pulled a pair of torn pants over her legs. Her bare feet were red from the cold, so she pulled on a pair of pink socks which hurt her eyes a little when she looked at them. She found a pair of pink and white tennis shoes on the floor, but she didn't know how to put them on. She resolved to ask Denver, doubting that Judeth would know. She walked to a mirror and found that the pink top revealed the right strap of her corset, the colors contrasting with, yet somehow complimenting each other.

Clarissa carried the shoes out of Judeth's room and walked to Denver's. She knocked on the door and was answered by groggy moans.

"Go away Judeth," Denver moaned, "I'm tryin' to sleep!"

"It's Clarissa. I need some help."

"Come in."

Clarissa pushed on the door, but the door didn't move. She pushed harder, but she got the same result.

"Door opens the other way," Denver said.

Clarissa pulled on the doorknob, and the door swung open. She walked into the dark room and sat down on the bed. She sprang to her feet when she heard a sharp cry of pain. She looked at the bed, and saw Denver lying in it.

"Sorry, I didn't realize you were there."

"It's okay," Denver replied.

Clarissa showed him the shoes and he groaned.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I didn't even know Judeth still had that stuff... Dad must've gotten it for her."

Denver stood and took the shoes from Clarissa. He helped her put them on and tied the laces for her. Clarissa studied his movements, memorising every detail, in case she would have to repeat the process.

Clarissa turned, noticing how Denver stared at her.

"Is there something wrong with what I'm wearing?" She asked.

"You're wearing tags," Denver explained. He pointed to a sticker which was stuck to Clarissa's pants just above her knee. Clarissa nodded and peeled it off. She pulled the tags from her shirt and her pants, turning when she had pulled them all off. "Better," Denver commented.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"You look as sweet as a daisy." I told Clarissa. Oh, crap, what did I just say? I asked myself. Our eyes met and I blushed.
"Well, uh, you'd..." I stuttered, "You'd better get going," I said, lying down on the bed again. Why did the first girl I meet...

...have to be the one who's totally out of my league?
I didn't really understand what Denver meant by 'sweet as a daisy', but I guessed it was something he didn't mean. He blushed and looked away, leaving me to wonder what had made him say that. I pulled my long black braid into view, the end brushing against my knee.

"I can make it shorter for a while, but it always manages to grow back... I don't have enough power to keep it short. I did when I was in that cage because I was so close to the bones of my mother, which was part of the exibit... all I need is her skull, really, then I'll have my full strength back." I looked away, "But you have already risked too much for me. I will go to the museum today and get it. You don't need to help me this time." If he replied, I didn't hear.

With that, I turned and left the room, careful to remain silent as I passed a room with a flat panel on the wall that glowed and shouted. A man was sitting on a couch, staring at the screen. Papers were spread out over his lap, and a cup full of a black liquid steamed in his hand.

"Denver!" he shouted. Denver rushed into the room, and the man looked up at him.

"Who's that?" My heart skipped a beat as he nodded at me. He looked so familiar. Denver stared at me as I answered.

"I'm Emily. Judeth's friend, Denver's girlfriend." I walked up to Denver and put a hand on his shoulder. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before continuing. "I had a sleepover with Judeth last night... I'm sorry, I thought you knew." The man burst out in laughter.

"Yeah, right!" he yelled, "Denver? Have a girlfriend? I can understand you being Julie's -I think that's what she's calling herself now- friend, but Denver's girlfriend? Sweetie, don't lie..."

"I'm not lying."

The man kept laughing as I walked outside to find Judeth -Julie- standing by a shiny black bug-like thing.

"What's that?" I asked.

"A car. Come on, get in." Julie opened the door, and I hesitently got in.

"Hey, Emily!" Denver shouted, walking out of the house with some jackets over his arm. "One, you might need a jacket, two, I'm coming with you."

"No, Denver... You could get hurt, or worse. I know I'll probably never see my home again, and I know I'll never see my groom... he's dead. I can only hope that when Julie goes to Brazil, she can keep my sister Kailly safe."

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
I ran toward the car just before Clari- Emily shut it. Holding it open, I slid into the car and stuck my tongue out at her.
"Too late," I blushed. "You know, you didn't have to say you were my girlfriend..." I looked away.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff