Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The calm beating of my wings against my aching back, was all that could be heard. Julie's freak attack had subsided, as she stared at me with interest. Taking the pencil and notepad from their resting places, she began to sketch something. I heard a muffled noise outside the door, as Denver walked past. "Dad, we didn't mean to wake you. You must have had a bad dream." Denver sounded convincing, until a loud thud echoed through the hall. I could see Julie looked amused. "Denver always had an act for getting around our father when he is drunk."

Someone muttered something under there breath, and walked back down the hall. I hadn't taken a breath, and Julie was still drawing different shades of gray, in different sizes and depth on the paper. "Is everything alright?" Denver finally asked. Clarissa was happy to see his warm brown eyes, willingly staring back at her. "I'm fine." Julie continued sketching, and I expected alot of questions, but then she jerked her head up. "What are you two doing?" Denver, confused, "Way to be blunt sis." Julie raised an eye brow, "You need to get Clarissa home. Standing in my door way isn't going to get you anywhere."

Now it was my turn to be confused. She had no regard that Denver hadn't concern for her, but by now, she must be occupied with the rough draft of "Fallen Angels" spinning in her head. "As much as I would love to research your kind, it will contradict my purpose of study. I would prefer to see you in your natural habitat, with your permission. Denver.." He just stared blankly at his sister, confused, speechless. He normally didn't know how to interact with his sister, but this was different. "I expect you only have a few days to figure out a plan. During the investigation of the missing Fallen Angel, I can lead them else where." Denver had no doubt. With Julie's intelligence, she could convince them a unicorn did it.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"God..." I hissed, I stared idly at the ceiling. My sister is such a pain in the a**. But I have to admit, her intelligence can get us somewhere.
"Fine. Come along then," I turned around and stormed back to my room. Why does she ALWAYS have to be SO BETTER than me? Why did SHE have to be father's favorite? Why can't I be as SMART as her? I can make a whole goddamn list of questions on why my life was so pathetic.

I lied down on my bed, thinking of this crappy life I'm living. Then I saw Clarissa peeking through the door.

"I see you..." I whispered loud enough for Clarissa to hear.
"You can lose everything if you keep helping me," I whispered.

"There's nothing to lose."

"Your family."

"I wouldn't mind missing them."

I stared at him, for the first time realizing where I had seen a face like his.

"The captive!" I said, not fully realizing that I had said it.

"What?"

"There was a woman who was brought into the village a while back, she was from a rival tribe, so we used her as a hostage. She looked sorta like you. She used to tell wierd stories of men who went crazy because of a poison they willingly drank, and how they did things they would never normally do after they drank it. She spoke of books written in strange languages, and stuff that sounded like the computers and stuff. She said that a man she had left to come home drank the poison a lot, and that he would do things to her after he did so. She said they were horrible things to think about, but wonderful things to expirence. I never understood that part. She said that she concieved two children, both left in the care of their father when she had to return home after four years." I shrugged, "Though I'm not sure if she's trustworthy or not. She's still there, we protect hostages like we protect our own."

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"So what are you implying?" I asked her, changing into a sitting position.
"You said your mother left?" I sat down on the bed and put my hand on his, "or were you lying?"

"She left."

"Where is she?"

"I don't know. I never really knew her."

"Could she be the captive woman?" I tapped my fingers against his, and he half-smiled at me.

"One way to find out," He paused, putting his hand on mine, "We all go to Brazil when Judeth gets the grant."

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"A'ight then," I smiled at Clarissa. "You'd better get some sleep." I collapsed on my bed and drifted to sleep.

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
(I must addmit this story is getting interesting. Have you thought about publishing it as a book?)

The dim sunlight had shone through the window, as I awoke. Looking out the window, I realized just how beautiful it was. Trees stretched on either side of the road, and the mountain that peeked over the fog reminded me of home. I unfolded my wings, as the sunlight pierced them through, and a stream of colors rushed into the room, changing as the color of my wings did. I reached for the pendant around my neck, and clucked my tongue, as I thought. I turned around, and Judith was not present. Instead, I discovered the book about the rainforest, clumsily lying on the floor. I contracted my sharp, yet idle claws, and picked up the book. I studied the blue covers', tattered features. In the center of the cover, was a bird, with a spotted plume, and an orchid in its mouth.

"That is a Sabia. One of twelve species, differing in color. It is celebrated in poems, stories, and novels. The orchid in its mouth is called a Cattleya Labiata. Its rich in color and known for its sweet fragrances. I always wanted one, but I am allergic to pollen." I tucked my wings behind my back, as to not blind Judith, with the colors that danced around the room. Judith wore a confident posture, and her hair in long mysterious waves, as she stood in the door way. "I went to the library and did some research on your kind. I learned there is a private practice in Argentina, accepting three scholars to take part in the study of the Fallen Angels, and It will take the course of eight months, to accomplish. I finished the forms this morning, and will present them at the Fallen Angels convention, I will be attending this afternoon."
(I've thought about it, what about you, denver?) (Oh, could you possibly write from Judeth's point of view, i mean, just to cut down on the confusion, please?)

"Would they allow a stolen fallen angel to join them?" I looked at her, hoping she understood the stakes.

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I understand why you would like me to write from Judith's point of view. But if we write from all three characters point of view, it would be a little more confusing don't you think? That's why I was trying to write in Clarissa's point of view. Focusing on one characters point of view, is just my opinion. smile
CuteBambi108
(I've thought about it, what about you, denver?) (Oh, could you possibly write from Judeth's point of view, i mean, just to cut down on the confusion, please?)

"Would they allow a stolen fallen angel to join them?" I looked at her, hoping she understood the stakes.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
(I agree, this would make an awesome book!)

My jaw dropped. What the hell is she thinking?! Joining Judeth on her little convention? That could
put her in danger!

I knew it was bad to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help myself! My ear was pressed against the door, I could hear the girls' voices pretty clearly. And then it happened...

Judeth opened the door and I collapsed, meeting a face-full of floorboards. "Ow..."
"What the hell?" Judeth asked. She put her hands on her hips and stared down at her brother. "Were you eavesdropping?"

"If it were any more obvious, his ear would be on our lips," I said, allowing a slightly annoyed tone to slip through my lips.

I pushed Judeth back into the room and helped Denver to his feet. I led him into the room and pushed him onto the bed.

"Why were you listening to us?" I asked.

"Because he's going to tell the police, duh. He hates me, and I know he'd just love to see me behind bars," Judeth explained.

"I'd get in more trouble," Denver said, his teeth clenched, "I helped her escape."

"And now two people are dead because of it," I said, then added, "Of course it's not your fault they died, that kid would've ended up like that anyways, if what you say about him is true."

"Wait, a kid died?" Judeth asked.

"He was a gang member, he beat me up a lot," Denver explained.

"Still, he's dead?"

"Last we saw, he was bleeding on the streets, his heart making a valient effort to keep him alive. Too bad he had so much poison in his veins, though it gave him a quicker death," I told her.

"He smoked, right? Is that what you mean by poison?" Judeth asked.

"No, I mean envy, greed, pride, lust, which by nature would include bloodlust, and the things he stole from others. Money, comfort, and the dignity of girls. I think we can all understand what I mean by that," I explained.

"How do you know?" Denver asked. I lifted my wrist to reveal a leather bracelet.

"This must have been important to him, I can hear his thoughts and see his actions when I wear it. I'd rather not think about some of those things, though. I suppose that is a downside to being me. I cannot choose what I see, I see everything," I sighed, "And while I cannot live forever, I can live close to it. I am only fifteen now, and if I miss the moon of shadow, I will become a human like you."

"What do you mean?" Denver asked, concern in his voice.

"The chosen prisoners who are not yet among our kind will be placed in the nests with our kinds, and their blood will be drunken by the Fallen Angels. The fangs of my kind will be poisoned by the shadow, and we shall have the ability to change our victems into a kind like ours, reaching the prime of their youth, even if they are past it, and remaining like that forever. Unless they cannot drink blood from the pool of the Angels in the shadow of the moon."

"What do we call it?" Judeth asked.

"I'm not quite sure, but the woman we captured called it an eclipse."

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
All eyes were on Judeth, as her trembling body screamed with panic. "I stopped by the coffee shop on my way to the library this morning. Linda, the head waitress, changed the channel to the news after the construction workers demanded it. I didn't catch everything over their vile arguments, but I know the next lunar eclipse is in November." Clarissa and Denver exchanged curious looks, while anticipating what else Judeth had to say. Judeth looked down at the floor, raising an eye brow.

"If I get accepted into this private study and earn my grant, we will have about a month to get Clarissa back to Brazil. "A month is all we really need, Jude." Denver scoffed. "Unfortunately Denver, time is not on your side." Judeth narrowed her eyes at him. Clarissa sat down on the bed next to Denver. Her face turned pale, for fear of what she may say next. "Investigators are already on the case of the missing fallen angel." She pulled a newspaper out of her briefcase, and tossed it into his lap. "So I figured they would be." He said bluntly. Judeth sighed. "I'm afraid we have bigger problems." Clarissa leaned over his shoulder, as Denver read the weeks' healine. "Missing Fallen Angel. Detective Felix D'Aubigne leads the investigation"

Judeth sat down on the sofa next to the window. "I realize this may be in over our heads." Now it was Denver's turn to adjust into a petrified position. Clarissa waited for the next response, but nothing was said. Denver was looking down at the floor, twiddling his thumbs, as Judeth clucked her tongue. Clarissa was now losing patience, and stretched her wings out, knocking Denver to the floor. "What was that for?" He looked up at her, holding his head in his palms. "I was trying to get your attention, whats wrong? You aren't telling me something."

Concern radiated from Judeth as she got up from the sofa, and walked out of the room. Clarissa looked at him with disbelief as he crouched on the floor. Judeth returned in a few minutes, with a wet cloth in her hand. "Here. This may help." Denver took the cloth, and Judeth leaned against the door frame. Denver then knocked his fist into the floorboards. "Of all the detectives in Chicago, it had to be dad."
(I believe we've said this before: the setting is chicago. Just a friendly reminder)

"So, the detective is living with the criminals?" Clarissa mused, "What would the penalty be for harboring fugitives? Oh, well," Clarissa shrugged, sending her wings into a portal which opened behind her, "He doesn't have to find us." Clarissa donned an incredible British accent, and continued, "I'm Julie's friend from school. I came here to visit, but I don't have a place to stay, so she agreed to let me stay here."

"Great," Judeth said, "You can borrow my clothes, too. We seem about the same size."

Clarissa stared at Denver, "What's your part in this?" she asked.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
I shrugged. "I'll do whatever I can." I said, staring at Clarissa. I looked away and murmured, "I'm sorry for eavesdropping..."

Judeth laughed when she saw my blushing face. I slammed my hand into the floorboard again and glared at my sister, my eyes filled with anger and jealousy. I was about to scream, but then I saw Clarissa's reassuring smile. I sighed and stood up.

"I'm gonna go have some breakfast."
Clarissa shrugged.

"What do you humans eat?"

"Want some cereal?" Judeth asked.

"Sure," Clarissa said, not sure at all.

Denver left, and came back a few moments later with three bowls of cereal and a jug of milk. Denver poured the milk into one of the bowls, stuck a spoon in it, and handed it to Clarissa, who eyed the tan pellets suspiciously. She mixed it around, sorting out the colored bits.

"What's this?"

"Lucky Charms," Denver replied.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas