Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,125 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Informer 100
  • Team Jacob 100
"Denver!" Alex shouted, "As if I would allow that!" She hauled me to my feet, allowing me to expirence the results of weights, track, basketball, volleyball, soccer, swimming, boys basketball, kickboxing, and fighting.

Alex started off towards weights, but I stopped her.

"I'm gonna skip the rest of the day, don't tell," I said, "Say I'm sick."

"I won't be able to," she said, smiling, "I'll be skipping with you."

"That's too much for me to ask, you'd get in so much trouble..."

"I'm Alex. I can get away with murder if I need to!" and so we left, walking towards the museum, since neither of us wanted to go to our homes.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"Am I that light? Or is she that strong?" I asked myself. I froze when I saw the museum in front of me. No, not here. I staggered back, almost falling over.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked me worriedly.

"N-nothing." I stuttered. Of all places we could go to...

8,125 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Informer 100
  • Team Jacob 100
"What?" I smiled and rolled my eyes, "Don't want to spoil the surprise?" I chuckled and half-led, half-dragged Denver into the museum. I led him from exhibit to exhibit until we reached a new wing I hadn't been to. I tried to lead him there, but he began to fight against me, strangely nervous. I hugged him tightly until he calmed down. I pecked him on the cheek and ran into the exhibit, eager to see what it was. In a cage stood a girl who seemed to be about my age. She was beautiful, and she had wings. I stood, frozen in shock and amazement. A blue, almost black drop of liquid rolled from her eye, down her cheek, splashing onto her shirt. She looked so much like me, I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. I walked to the cage as if I were in a trance, though I was aware of every movement. I reached my hand through the bars and held hers, whispering that it would be alright. She smiled sadly and stroked my cheek.

"You're so kind," she whispered, "You have a good heart." She then hissed and stepped back, pointing at something behind me. I turned and saw Denver standing there. "You!" The girl hissed.

Saint

"Whats going on in here?"

Denver looked crossly at the nightguard he didn't expect to see.

"I thought you worked nights?"

"I thought you were in school?"

Alex was struck with panic. Had she known one of the guards knew Denver, she wouldn't have brought him to the museum. Alex looked around the room for an excuse and laid her eyes back on the strange bird. "A research project." She piped up. The guard raised an eye brow. "You have a tell." "A what?" "A tell. It shows when a person is lying." The guard paused for a moment. "You were looking down to your left. The natural response of someone trying to get out of dodge."

"I'm sorry." She said, disappointed.

Denver convinced himself that something wasn't quite right with this guard. "Stop harassing her, it was my idea to skip school." Denver felt foolish for getting caught straight away and by a complete stranger.

"I'll forget all about it, if you two love birds don't give me any trouble."

"She has a boyfriend!" Denver said, a little too defenseful.

The guard looked back and forth between the two then smiled. "I know. But that doesn't mean she can't have feelings for someone else."

Alex blushed and looked away. Clarissa listened quietly to what was happening, then the guard turned to her. Clarissa had nothing to say to the guard, after the way she treated her the other night.

"Let's head back to class shall we?" said the guard.

"What are you eighteen? Your just two years older then us, you have no right to tell us what to do." Said Alex.

The guard walked over to Alex and Denver feared she was about to hit her. Instead she looked directly into her eyes and said quietly, so the others couldn't hear, "Alex, it's time you went back to school. Don't tell anyone where you have been and say nothing about Denver. You haven't seen him since lunch."

"I'll see you tomorrow Denver." she said. Denver was shocked. It wasn't like Alex to give up so easily. What did the guard say to her?

"Are you blackmailing her?" He asked.

The guard turned towards the back hall and Alex had already gone. "I think you two have some catching up to do." Then the guard left Denver with a scowling Clarissa. Alone.

8,125 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Informer 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I glared at the boy. The same kind of being that locked me in a cell. I grabbed his arm and dug my claws into it.

"You have three seconds to tell me who that girl was." I hated not knowing her, because she seemed to be practically a Fallen Angel herself.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
My eye twitched. "Her name is Alex. She's my best friend - she's my only friend." I explained to the Fallen Angel."Let go of me!" I screamed at her. I pulled my arm back, making her claws create bigger wounds on my arm. "I get enough torture at school." I snarled, turning away from her.

I sighed."Why do you want to know anyway?" I asked the girl, sitting down a few meters away from the cage. I saw that she was still glaring at me. "Calm down, I'm not an enemy."

8,125 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Informer 100
  • Team Jacob 100
"I want to know because she reminds me of a friend I had before I was.... Kidnapped." I swallowed the tears that threatened to choke me, "She seems to be more like me than your race. It's hard to believe that she's human." I glared at him as he pulled away, wanting nothing more than his friendship, but all he showed was anger towards me. "Could've fooled me," I retorted as he said he wasn't an enemy, "Why are you so angry at me? What did I do?"

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"Me? Angry at you?" I asked in disbelief, "You're the one who made four gaping holes in my arm and you say I'm angry at you?" I raised my voice now. I shook my head. "Like I didn't have enough to deal with at school..."

"Look, I'm sorry if I'm being mean. But you aren't exactly being nice either." I smiled sheepishly, hoping that she'd forgive me.

8,125 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Informer 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I was about to demand that he get me out of this cage, but I remembered the goddess, so instead I asked, "Will Alex come back, do you think? She seems nice, her aura is one of power...." Then it dawned on me. "She's not human, is she? She can use magic! Of course! She's the key! She's the missing link! She can use magic, I know she could if she tried, I wonder if she's ever used magic before? I bet she has! I need to talk to her again! Where is she? Let me talk to her!" I gripped the bars of the cage tightly, excited.

Saint

Denver's jaw dropped. "Did they spike your bird feeder with something?" He rolled his eyes. "I think I would know my best friend. There is nothing unusual about her. She is smart, funny and beautiful..." Denver blushed and looked down at the ground. "She's your everyday human being. No voodoo there."

Clarissa tightened her grip on the bars and clenched her teeth. He wasn't cooperating. If only she was as persuasive as the night guard had been with Alex. "I need her!" she screamed. "I'm leaving." Denver picked himself up off the floor. "You will see her again on Friday during our field trip. But don't expect to see me again. I'm done with you."

(Just an idea. Maybe, Denver has nothing to do with Clarissa after this point and later she realizes he is needed for the escape plan. Then they learn its too late because he has disappeared, nowhere to be found. I thought it would be interesting since before they went back in time, Denver and Clarissa had a close relationship, but now they have nothing to really do with eachother.)

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
(Fine with me. Need more time to work on my doujinshi anyway. sweatdrop )
"Goodbye." I snarled, looking back a her. "Have a nice life." I exited the room and made my way out of the museum. Alex was waiting for me outside. "Hey, I was wondering what was taking so long." she smiled. "We should get back to school. I can make up an excuse, so don't worry."
"Thanks, Alex." I said. Alex? Magic? I can't even imagine her with a wizard's hat screaming, "Abra Cadabra!" or something like that... I shouldn't let that girl's words get into my head. It'd be bad for both me and Alex. But, then again, I just couldn't help but be a little curious. If Alex really had the ability to go "hocus-pocus" and change everything around her why didn't she tell me? Who exactly is that girl in the cage? Why the hell did I have to get myself into this mess?!

My father once told me that mom left because I attracted bad luck. He blamed me for their divorce. Julie told me that my father was just drunk and wasn't thinking straight. At the time, I believed her, but now, I think what my father said was true.

Woohoo! I'm Denver. The boy who attracts bad luck. The boy who caused his father's unhappiness. The boy who lived in the shadow of his own sister. The boy who gets beat up at school every single day. The boy who got into an argument with a bird. Yup, that's me.

8,125 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Informer 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Denver seemed quiet on the way back to school.

"Want to get some ice cream?" I asked, trying to lighten his mood. I studied his mouth, the way his lips curved, like the petals of a rose. He was beautiful, and I wished I could tell him I loved him. Unfortunately, if Ben were to find out, it'd take a lot more than being teachers' pet to save me. I dragged Denver to the ice cream shop and ordered chocolate, with everything chocolate on top, and watermelon sorbet with white chocolate chips and gummy bears. It was actually quite good, so I ignored Denver's look of disgust as I ordered. I smiled and handed him the chocolate. We ate as slowly as possible, both of us staring at the clock, trying to waste as much time as possible.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
I stared at the ice cream, unaware that it was melting and the chocolate fudge was cascading down my hand, onto my arm, and then dropping to the table. Alex had finished her ice cream already.
"Denver, what's wrong?" she asked. She was now officially worried about me.
"Nothing," I answered, not taking my eyes off the melting chocolate sorbet.
"Really, what's bugging you? You can tell me." she said, tugging at my sleeve.
"It's nothing, really." I told her, trying to fake a smile.

8,125 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Informer 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I was still worried. I found myself worrying a lot about Denver. He was hurt so much, by my boyfriend. That cut it. I whipped out my phone and texted Ben.

Ben: I know you cheated on me with Laura. I have friends, you know. Friends you've cheated on me with. OMG I hate you! You are a jerk! I have friggin scars because of you and your stupid switchblade. You have no one but yourself to blame for making me an enemy, and you don't want me as an enemy. I will make your life a living hell. That is a promise. You broke my heart, so now I'm gonna get a little revenge. Why don't you treat girls a little nicer? Then maybe you'll be able to have a girlfriend for a little longer. In fact, I stopped loving you the first time you cut me. I sacrificed myself so you could be happy, so you wouldn't hurt my friends. I let you hurt me. I was bruised and beaten, but I didn't tell anyone. I chose to suffer in silence for the sake of my friends. I hate you. I hate you more than words can tell, and this is the last straw. I finally lost my temper. You are a jerk, I hate you, am I making myself clear?! Goodbye! It's over! </3 Alex.

I sent it and put my phone away. Denver looked at me, confused, and I rolled up my sleeve, revealing several scars that made a triangle on my forearm.

"Ben hurt me. Those days I didn't come to school, I was in the hospital. I told them I did it to myself, though it was really Ben. I didn't tell anyone, but then Ben cheated. I knew he only wanted me so he could get good grades, and I wanted to keep him away from my friends, especially you. So I grinned and bore it. I just texted Ben. It's over between us. I don't care what he does, I'll take it. It'll be the last, though. He won't hurt me again, because I won't let him. I won't let him hurt you, either. I'd rather die than see him hurt you. That time people started that rumor that I was suicidal, that was because Ben almost killed me. He's done that a lot, and I hate him. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him!" I was in tears now. I was blubbering like an idiot. I finally calmed down and realized that school had been out for an hour. I felt my phone buzz, so I checked it. Of course, it was a text from Ben.

I never loved you, either. I just dated you so you would bribe the teachers to give me good grades, or whatever you did. I want those good grades, still. If you don't get me the grades, you're dead, girl. Got that? Good. Bye.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"You didn't have to do that..." I said to Alex. I read Ben's text to her and sighed. "That jerk." I muttered, genuinely angry.
I put my arm around Alex. "I won't let him hurt you. I swear." Alex was crying now. I hugged her tightly. If he wants to hurt you, he'll have to kill me first.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff