Welcome to Gaia! ::

“Too-too late?” Mathius asked, still holding her close. “What is happening?” He asked, wondering why oh why the earth had just literally shaken. When all seemed calm for a moment, he slid out from under the desk and reached in to help Lillia to her feet. “Come on, put your disguise back on. I’ll walk you to the manor,” he told her, helping her adjust her hat so that her hair never showed. They left and he quickly locked the doors, before reaching unconsciously around her waist to lead her in the correct way. Though his hand actually hovered slightly as though he were afraid to touch her, this was not a romantic tough, but more of a mother leading their child or some sort…or that is what he told himself. He realized how awkward he was being and thought he ought to apologize, but then thought better of it, because they just had an earthquake and he needed to just go and forget everything.
The town was crowded with neighbors and shop keeps coming out towards the fountain, all scared at the sound and feeling of the earth shaking beneath their feet. He wished there was something he could do to help, but … “When I get you to the manor, I need to go back to the shoppe,” he told her, “I am afraid people may have gotten hurt and I will need to…I should be there,” he said, more talking to himself.
Well actually, quite literally talking to himself. Before he could register her disappearance, Lillia was already racing out numerous feet ahead of him. "Unhand her, you scoundrel!" she hissed at an opportunistic fellow trying to kidnap a frantic little girl. The child was in tears, scared already after the quakes only to find herself then split from her parents. And now she was in the hands of a desperate thief looking to hold her return for a specified ransom. "Let her go, I said... Or are you too daft in the head to comprehend my words?" she snapped, sounding all too much like her temperamental cousin.

"I don't take orders from no pint-sized little boy. What's the matter? You can't find your mommy and daddy neither?" he snarled back.

The Marchioness rolled her eyes before narrowing them viciously on the fiend. In an instant, her right hand ignited in a dazzling blue flame that licked over her ivory skin. She gasped as the man shoved the helpless girl out of his way as he attempted to escape the falling of an overhead branch. The fire shot straight for it and completely consumed the falling limb, turning it to a sprinkle of ash. Lillia ran forward and scooped up a rock, hurling it toward the now fleeing coward. "Learn to pick on people your own size, you damn coward!" she hissed. The little girl sat shaking on the ground, her reddened tearful eyes looking up at Lillia standing above her. "It's okay, Sweetheart. I'll- we'll help you find your Mommy, okay?" she soothed as Mathius finally caught up and came to stand with her. The little girl hesitated, watching the pair of them with fearful, mistrusting eyes. She cried out in terror as the quaking started again. The wind lifted Lillia's hat from her head, stealing it through the town. The woman hardly noticed though. She was much too preoccupied by the little girl now buried in her arms. She pet her long, blonde curls, "It's okay, little one." The little girl clung to her neck as she and Mathius made their way through town, postponing their original mission to now find the girl's parents.

"Liza? LIZA?!"

As the voice came to them, the little girl perked her head. "Is that your Mama?" Lillia asked sweetly. Liza nodded just as the woman in the distance caught sight of them.

"LIZA, oh thank the Gods!" she cried out as she stumbled toward them. Lillia carefully handed the child over to the grateful woman, "Bless your hearts. I will never be able to repay you for this." She kissed the little girl over and over and Lillia couldn't help but think that she already had. It was all she needed to see this mother fawn so dearly over her child. She couldn't help but think that this is how it should be, and how different her life would be if she had had the same growing up.

"You should hurry into shelter. Take cover in the cellar if you have one, under something sturdy. We haven't seen the worst or the last of these quakes. Take care of your little one." The woman nodded, thanking them both again before hurrying off to do as instructed. Aside from the guards who had been given a detailed description of her appearance, very few would actually recognize Lillia as the Marchioness Hastings. Though most knew of her existence, it was rare for any soul to have actually seen her in public. But then, one glance at the young woman and anyone could tell instantly that she was no ordinary commoner. Her posture was profound and she carried herself with such grace and poise. The Marchioness' skin was a flawless angelic ivory, coupled by soft silky pale blonde hair. Her eyes matched those of her cousin, though they were slightly lighter in shade. "Mathius... These quakes... They're cannon fire." she swallowed. ]color=turquoise]"I overheard my brother conspiring with my mother. This war was his doing. Roudel is in grave danger, and I fear no one can stop it now..." she breathed.
Mathius couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “No, no…that can’t be, Roudel isn’t…dear Seven,” he said, his fingers crossing over his lips. “We must get there. Stay in your disguise, let’s go,” He said, once again maneuvering her towards the manor where Kyier was sure to be. Mathius had hoped Elisabeth made it back safely as well…
The manor looked the same as ever. Nothing seemed to have broken or changed from the shaking as it had in the shoppe. They ran the last few yards, running up the flowered path and into the chilly foyer of the home. They could hear the whimpering cries of Elisabeth in one of the rooms, crying over the children and repeatedly asking if they were alright. She must have just gotten there as well. But Mathius ignored her for now, going with Lillia to Kyier’s study, hoping he would be there. He stood with his chest out, back arched firmly as he was deep in thought, staring idly out of the window. “Kyier…your cousin,” Mathius said, trying to get his attention. Kyier looked around, and for the first time Mathius expected to see a bit of surprise on his face, after all these years that Mathius never could, but it was as if he wasn’t surprised at all. Mathius turned before Kyier could speak, “I hope…” I hope I can see you again, he wanted to say, “I hope you can do what you came here to do, Lillia,” He said, taking her hand as if to shake it, but he merely held it there for a moment. “I have to run back to the shoppe. Send word if you need anything, Kyier,” Mathius said, before he left in a hurry. He ran from the manor, and he steadily walked until he got to the shoppe. People seemed to have calmed down; some people still outside and shop keeps trying to maintain business as usual. He was going to collect a bag of supplies, he had to make sure his sister was alright, and finally, he had to see if anyone would come to his shoppe in need.

When he finally arrived, his heart had calmed more dramatically, and he was able to breathe properly again, stepping into the shoppe. Isabella sat there, staring at him from behind the counter, surely having used the extra key from his home. “Isabella, I was coming to check on you. What…what are you doing here? Were you checking up on me?” he asked, almost amused.
“No, idiot,” She snapped, but that was all she said.
“That wasn’t an earthquake, Isabella, that was a bomb. Apparently, there has been a declaration of war and it has begun. I need help collecting what you can to-,” but then the place shook once more, with a strike even more forceful than what had happened before. He held onto Isabella, making sure she could remain steady, the remaining shelves beginning to collapse. He hoped that the manor, and his home, were going to be able to withstand these tremors.
“What the bloody hell is this damned nonsense?!” Isabella hissed as the tremor ceased. She stood and dusted her dress, for the first time Mathius noticing how pale she looked. She was frightened, and though she didn’t show it, Mathius was surprised how her demeanor had been slipping.
“We’re going to the Cross’s, come on!” He said, collecting what he could. He had a sign on the door, for emergencies, explaining where he was. The two of them headed quickly towards the Manor, Mathius beginning to realize what a serious predicament they were in…

At the manor, Elisabeth was still coddling the children. They sat frightened in Sofia’s room, but Sofia had run from her, surely going to Kyier after the second wave. “Come on, Sweetheart. It’s okay….it’s going to be okay.” Though the manor was extraordinarily well put together, and Elisabeth after wiping her eyes, had taken Sebastien to find Kyier. “Kyier,” She said, going into his study.
When she entered, she was quite surprised, to see that Kyier was not alone. “Uh…Luke?” She asked, noticing that the boy was not a boy, but a very pretty female who bore a remarkable resemblance to the Duke. “What’s going on?” She asked. “Nevermind…this….but what on earth are the quakes. This is not Magick like I have known, Kyier. This is not the earth…I…I don’t understand, and I’m scared,” She said. “The children are scared,” She whimpered, before flinging herself into Kyier’s arms.

Mathius and Isabella had returned the manor, making their way down the same hall, witch Sebastien now stood outside the doorway. He looked over at Mathius and smiled slightly, his lips changing when he saw Isabella, who glared at him, but followed still pompously. When they entered the room to the quiet chatter, Isabella gasped, having seen Elisabeth in the arms of Kyier,.
‘That bloody tramp!’ she cursed within, watching as Kyier was surely delighted at the intrusion of his personal space because that girl was so damned tiny and perfect in every way. But Mathius saw it differently, as surely did Lillia, because Kyier looked absolutely furious at the intrusion of his personal space by the Duchess, who showed no signs of letting go even to the unfortunate health lapse she was sure to be…burned by.
Lillia took a deep breath, looking around the room at all the worried faces all seemingly fixated on her cousin. It was strange how much faith they held in their eyes as they looked upon the young man she knew only as the hot-head screaming at her to stop following him. The light they all seemed to see in him... It was remarkable to her. It gave her hope that maybe her faith had been placed in the- "What are you all doing in here? How the bloody Hell am I to know what these damn quakes are?" Kyier growled, quickly shattering Lillia's perfect illusion like a break to a mirror.

"It's cannon fire." Lillia stated, her eyes wide as she stepped into the center of the group. "Roudel has declared war on Devonshire under the direct orders of her self-proclaimed King. I overheard my mother and Joshua speaking. King Jeremiah Lorren responded within a mere days. He and his Queen would have jumped at any excuse to attack us, and now we are the ones who threw the first flame. Our allies will have abandoned us. The quakes we are feeling now... It's only a recoil. The war has only reached the borders."

She opened her mouth to continue, but instead noticed the little boy from the corner of her eye. He reached to hold the little girl's hand. He was shaking despite not fully understanding the magnitude of her statement. Lillia knelt down before the pair of them and reached out to touch the little girl's cheek, "I'm sorry, you two. I don't mean to scare you. We will all work to figure this out and I'm sure Kyier will keep you very safe." she soothed. Lillia sighed as she stood up, "Uh...Perhaps this conversation would be better held elsewhere... Kyier?" Lillia stated softly, not wanting to scare the little ones more than she had to. But then, the Duke just laughed at her.

"Hah. No. No. We can have this conversation here, Lilliana. You can tell everyone what you have to tell me. Oh, by the way... Lovely to see you again after all these years. So nice of you to have stopped by only to throw a travesty in my lap. What is it you were hoping for when you came to me? I have no power against the damn Devonshirian army!" he snapped as he worked on prying the clingy Duchess from his being.

Lillia tensed as she glared daggers at the man, "I was hoping you would finally step up and take your place on the throne as Roudel's rightful King! This kingdom needs you... I came to you in hopes you would stop being a coward!" she all but yelled.

"A coward? Who is it that came running to me with her own family's troubles? Who is the coward who has lived her entire life in her mother's shadow, never once daring to step a foot out of line?"

The Marchioness' lip quivered as his paralyzing eyes bore into her. She swallowed, "I'm here now, aren't I? My brother- He is no King, Kyier. If you let him take the throne-"

Kyier laughed once more, shaking his head, "Your brother? Your brother is dead, you little fool!" Kyier yelled, taking a step closer to the steaming Marchioness. "He sat rotting in a basement, a living corpse pleading that someone take his pathetic life. I know your brother was no King."

Lillia's heart felt like it had stopped. She could only stare back at the hateful man she had come to seeking help. Tears ran down her cheeks as the words fully sunk in. A part of her had known the man who wore Joshua's face was no longer her brother, but hearing it in such a way... She couldn't bear it. "You- I was wrong about you. You are no King. You are a cruel man, Kyier Cross." She could have said so much more then, but she was not him. She would not succumb to his level. She turned away with tears in her eyes, running from the room to where she had yet to decide.
Mathius followed her quickly, but turned to stare at his friend. “You didn’t have to be so cruel,” He hissed. “She isn’t the bad guy,” before he followed the Marchioness,his longer legs easily able to keep up with the woman. He grabbed her arm and spun her into him, for the first time in his life doing something smooth and not tripping her or allowing her to fall to the ground. Perhaps that she knew it was not her cousin, or for some reason if she felt comfortable with him, she fell into his chest, and suddenly he had no idea what to do with his hands and he patted her head like a child before he began to speak. But he was only patting his chest, realizing the whole display had been a dream within his head. Lillia was far ahead of him, standing near the street and trying to hail a carriage to take her away. Her face was red with anger, but tears must have held their place behind her kind eyes.

“Lillia,” Mathius whispered. His throat was so dry he thought he could taste blood, but he swallowed harshly anyway. How was a man to do this, this beautiful, amazing woman in front of him, and he had to tell her he killed her brother. He did it. It was all him. But she deserved nothing but the truth, didn’t she? She did, and Mathius knew he had to be the one to tell her, and not at all like his best friend. “I’m so sorry,” He said, and he felt his own watery eyes grow hot and painful as he blinked back tears. “He…he was begging us. He was so harshly…I don’t even know how to say it, but he was…destroyed. Someone, or something, literally was…” he bowed his head, “He needed us to help him, and he begged for death. It was me, me who took his final life, and I was the one to watch over him while he passed on. But I made sure he went peacefully, and his body faced Lumos. I am sure she took him into her good graces. He…he might not have been the kindest of men, but I am sure he loved you. And I know this is nothing that will help, but he is better now. He wasn’t going to survive. I-I am so sorry, but I did what I thought could…help him. I didn’t even know he was your brother, but I…oh, gods, what have I done? Lillia, I cannot apologize enough to you…please, please speak to me. Tell me you for-forgive me?” He asked.

But Elisabeth had successfully glued herself to the Duke, and he was surprised by her talon like hold. Her head shot up, but she had been silent until they found themselves alone. “Kyier…” She cried. “My parents…if they have started war at the border, then Van Hollen is going to be affected and it’s so tiny, what if…what if…what if something happens to them?” She whispered. “I can’t bear it.”
Kyier growled, using one final force effort to remove the girl from his being. She stumbled away from him before dropping to her knees, holding her face gently within her palms as her worry consumed her. He didn't look at her and instead walked over to the window. Not a single ray of sun broke through the ominous gray cloud cover. After a few silent minutes, Kyier spun on his heel, his action sending a chill down Sofia's spine as Sebastien nearly jumped from his skin beside her. The Duke brushed passed them, snatching his coat in a hast that toppled the rack to the floor. The young boy swallowed in an attempt to gather his courage, before running after the man. "K-kyier... W-where are you going?" he cried. It was unclear what made the man answer the boy, but none the less Kyier returned a shouted answer, "The castle," though it came out more as a hiss.

Another quake shook the earth as Lillia's first thought to escape galloped down the path stretched before them. Where had she planned on going, anyway? Was her plan really to go crawling back to that hateful vessel who had brought her into this accursed life? She felt Mathius grip her arm... to stabilize himself or her, she did not know. His eyes bore into hers the entire time he was speaking. The pain sheltered behind them was so clear to her, his sincerity piercing straight to her heart. All she could so was stare at him for the longest while. Her mind was a whirl of thoughts, trying desperately to process everything that had been so cruelly thrust upon her. She tilted her head, her long hair flying freely in the wind. "You- You hardly know me and yet you chase me down out in the freezing weather in the midst of the beginnings of a war to ask my forgiveness?" Her mulberry eyes narrowed on his, more than curious of his intentions. "Very few know-knew of our relation, as so few actually know of my existence. Joshua was all I had. After my Pa'pa passed, he was my only saving grace." She swallowed, turning from him to look up to the sky as tears fell from her eyes. "If my forgiveness is what you want, you have it, but please just leave me be.."
Mathius did as she asked, giving her at least that respect. His heart ached watching her go, and he didn’t know why he was so desperate to help her. He just stood there, suddenly finding himself emotionally alone. The shell of a girl before him seemed so startled, and if he moved perhaps he wouldn’t frighten her.
“Do what you need to do, Lillia,” he said. “You know where my shoppe is if you need me. And chances are I’ll be here. Don’t let Kyier get to you. I am going to go check on the children,” He said, turning and beginning his trek back to the manor. The cannon had struck again, just moments before, and the memory of it still stood out so fresh in his mind. The fear and shaking of his hands, and he tried to calm himself. He looked back at Lillia, vowing to at least keep a watch over her, fearing more for these cannons and hellhounds if she was determined to remain outside for long. He stepped inside the manor, looking around the foyer. The place seemed colder, but it still had remaining warmth from Anita, and that made him smile. But now it was eerily quiet. He stepped forward, his shoes making a loud clicking on the marble floors.
“Hello?” Mathius said, his voice echoing.
“We’re in here.” That was the last voice he expected to hear. His sister came out of the hallway leading to the kitchen, a scowl on her face as she glared at her brother almost four years younger. He followed her, her long, loud strides into the kitchen where Sofia and Sebastien were sitting. Mathius let out a sigh of relief. With all that had just happened, he was glad to know the children were safe.
“Where are-,” he began but was interrupted by his sister, rolling her eyes and scoffing.
“Your idiot friend and that ridiculous girl stormed off, this one said Kyier went to the castle. The stupid girl probably followed him. I’d check there,” she said, crossing her arms.
“Don’t talk about them like that. You don’t have to be so mean!” Sebastien said, staring at the much taller woman.
“Don’t disrespect me, you tiny little-,”
“Isabella would just-just STOP!” Mathius screeched at her, holding his head in his palms. “We don’t have time for your childish nonsense. Just shut up for a moment while I think!” He hissed. He looked at the children, “Would either of you like some tea?” Sebastien nodded quietly, his hand underneath the table reaching and holding onto the quiet Sofia.
Isabella huffed, and stomped from the room. Then when Mathius turned to boil water, he leaned over to whisper in her ear. “Can you…see them…like, with your powers? Are they okay?” he asked, wondering about the Duke and Duchess.

Elisabeth had followed Kyier, walking briskly behind him. He didn’t talk to her, look at her, or in any way acknowledge that she was there. She just kept walking, and though he was a few inches taller than she, she was easily able to keep up. Elisabeth was an unusually speedy person. The castle seemed even darker, as if there was a shield of clouds that loomed constantly overhead, not like the clouds that were so present in Roudel, but dark, almost black and red clouds that stuck fear into hearts. Elisabeth kept going, trying not to stare at the horrendous place. When they entered the gates, she could have fallen to the ground and wept for the children, the elders, and everyone in-between who has died. There was no happiness in her mind, in her heart, and being there she felt as though an icy grip had pushed through her flesh and grasped at her beating heart. “Kyier, what….what happened to this place?” She whispered. He merely grunted at her.
“Shut up, stupid girl. You didn’t have to come. I have business to attend to.” His voice sounded so angry. She just nodded, sadly. And she continued talking. Inside the castle, passed the gates, everything was being changed. Dark purples, reds, and blacks now lined the dark doorways, and a picture of Joshua, so smug and smirking devilishly at those who watched him. He held onto his long, thick sword in the painting, fingering it delicately in its sheathe. While Kyier kept moving, Elisabeth stood still watching as if the eyes watched her, feeling as though those deadly, disturbing eyes followed her every move. Though she turned, one more glance at the portrait had frightened her. It seemed to have changed, for his sword was no longer sheathed, but held out proudly and strong. And those eyes…those eyes still watched her.
Kyier grabbed the girl by the wrist, pulling her suddenly straight from her feet. She gasped a moment before his hand came over her mouth to silence her. Their bodies were pressed together in the tight space behind the tall, domineering stone sculpture of what once had been the Goddess Lumos. But like the rest of the castle, something was changed. Her arms were no longer outstretched and open, her elegant gown torn and ripped to rags. She looked to be trying to hide away from the darkness like a cowering child. Whether it from the obscure luminescence of the atmosphere, or perhaps the glare of the setting sun... One could just barely make out a glistening tear staining the Goddess' cheek. Kyier could feel the girl's hot baited breath heavy on his hand. She was sweating, nearly shaking from the shock of his actions. "Shhh..." he whispered in her ear, his tone ever so changed. It was so very gentle, unlike him and yet...so familiar. "You're fine. Just relax and stay as quiet as possible." he breathed.
Elisabeth did as she was told, trying to still her breathing. But despite the situation, being this close to Kyier, so close she could smell his sweet breath, and feel his heartbeat against hers, it was something else. But it did in fact calm her, and she found herself more easily able to follow his instructions, and her breathing slowed, her heart began to calm, despite the fear that had been stabbing at her heart since they arrived within the castle gates.
Footsteps echoed down the hallway, fast in their approach. "Another riot in the dungeons. I'm getting damn sick of this s**t." A pale man of tall, lean stature lay his hand down on the hilt of his sword. "I say we just end them," he hissed, glaring out bitterly from behind his pitch black hair. Such piercing eyes of ice blue would be enough to chill the heart of anyone on their receiving end. There was no doubt in the Duke's mind. He knew those eyes. The Castle Rose was no longer of their realm.

The angry fellow's partner laughed aloud, "And then you would be ended as well. You need to learn to manage that rage of yours. I would personally prefer to be able to have a little fun myself instead of following your stupid a** around charged with the impossible task of making sure you don't go on another killing spree," he sighed. The late King's guards are mere mortals. They will break. Patience."

A low, feral growl resonated from the depths of the first's throat, "Tch. I think their leaders are due for another beating." Everything about this man screamed of destruction and terror. His hulking figure towered over his partner. His breathing grew uneven as his instincts started to take over. Images of that headstrong b***h of a woman writhing in his grasp sent him into oblivion. He grunted as if getting off on some form of sick pleasure.

"Control yourself, dammit!" The smaller of the two hissed. "Disgusting. Slaughtering that entire damn town wasn't enough for you? You're a damn animal," he scoffed before thrusting his arm clear into the man's back. Kyier's eyes grew wide as he watched the display, only able to speculate what was happening. From the beast of a man's gasping reaction- It couldn't be possible. For these beings to have such a deadly ability... What chance did they truly stand? Kyier felt Elisabeth squirm nervously against him as they watched as the burly man dropped to his knees. His partner released his internal grasp, his eyebrow rose smugly. "Are we calmed down now... Or shall I give that adrenaline ridden heart of yours another squeeze?"

"Don't touch me," the other growled fiercely.

"Then move."

Kyier watched as they walked away, his keen eyes narrowing after them. Somehow in the fit of it all, Elisabeth had managed to turn herself to face him. Her large brown eyes screamed her terror before she buried herself against his chest. For a moment, Kyier wondered if perhaps she realized the same as he, but then... He disbelieved the news had reached her ears. The town of Carion, Roudel's fishing capital, had been decimated. Not a single citizen... woman, child, or otherwise had been spared. "One man...' he breathed, his voice inaudible. He took a deep breath, peering out from their hiding spot to look for any sign of the pair or any others roaming about. When he saw and heard no one, her turned back to Elisabeth, "I have a sense those are the only two that presently inhibit this castle. Our faux Joshua is most likely out with his army to meet Devonshire's attacks. Given the conversation we just heard... I fear our friends are in grave danger." Kyier sighed as he looked back into the girl's eyes. "I'm going to find them. The statue of Lumos- The stone is hollow, a trap door hidden at her feet. Follow the spiral stairs to the underground passage. If you follow it, it will lead you straight from the castle. Return to the manor, you'll be safe there."
Elisabeth just shook her head slowly from side to side. Her mouth was dry, and when she tried to speak it came out as a whisper or sorts, so harsh and low. “No,” she finally said. “I’m not going anywhere without you. I will stay with you,” She declared, and Kyier only seemed irritated.
“Fine. Do what you wish, then.”
“We can leave together, so we know we both got out safely,” She said, even though she felt like she was barely making any sense. Kyier made his way from their hole of safety, checking the halls and walking down the now empty path. Elisabeth followed quickly. They moved further and further it seemed into the castle. And finally they started to descend a twisted staircase, passing paintings and busts of Lucian. Elisabeth felt her stomach boil in absolute disgust. They kept moving until the darkness seemed to overwhelm them at the bottom of the stairs, and Kyier watched the doorway, as if he studied every bolt that now locked them from their destination. The large doorway would not budge, and the only thing that was stopping them was that damn lock.

While Kyier had trudged ahead, and now fingered the bolted lock delicately, he looked around to see a way in. But it was Elisabeth who had appeared behind him, holding the bust of a stature that was far too big for her, over her head, and proceeded to slam it down loudly onto the door handle, cracking the bolt from the door. It fell with a clang onto the ground. She huffed, letting the bust fall, and leaned against the wall as she tried to catch her breath. She thought her plan was brilliant, but Kyier seemed only to think she was too loud.
“Those monsters are surely halfway across the castle by now. They didn’t hear that,” She hissed, following him into the dungeon. The room was darker than the others, the only light sources the few candles that lined the walls. A small cough caught their attention, and they moved forward. Kyier brought forth a flame to light their pathway, and there before them on two slabs of concrete lay a very beaten Raina and Chrystiem. Elisabeth ran forward, but Kyier put a hand out to stop her.
“What are you doing?!” She hissed, “They need our help.” But Kyier would not cease his hold on her until he viewed everything: their surroundings, the prisoners, looking so in depth to find the trap. But Elisabeth pushed forward and ran to her friends, leaning over Chrystiem as she touched his cheek. And then she did the same for Raina, kissing her forehead. “What happened to them?” She asked.
The Left and Right hand were barely conscious, and couldn’t even seem to give an appropriate answer.
“We need to get them out of here. Can you get her up?” Kyier asked, and Elisabeth nodded.
“I’ll-I’ll try,” and she reached over to grasp behind her head gently, and lifted her to her feet. The woman stumbled, and cou;d barely stand, and Elisabeth was sweating as she tried to hold onto her. Kyier seemed to have no trouble and was quickly leading Chrystiem to the door.
“Come on!” he snapped at her. Elisabeth hurried, doing her best to console and walk for the girl.
“It’s okay, Raina. We’re here now. We’re going to get you out, don’t you worry.”
"Kyier... Leave us. Get out of here. We-" Chrystiem gasped, unable to catch his breath. "If they find us... You can't beat them."

The Duke's teeth clenched, "Dammit, Ryst. Save your strength and shut up," Kyier grumbled. 'Do you really believe I'm just going to drop you here and let you waste away in this hell hole?"

"This isn't about loyalties, Kyier," Ryst gasped again. No longer could he support any of his own weight. He fell fully against his friend, barely clingy to his fading consciousness, "We lose you... We lose everything. That- heh." Kyier readjusted the man over his shoulder, as Chrystiem took a moment to gather is breath. "That I've known the first day I was charged with watching over your a**." he tried to laugh. It turned into nothing more than an exacerbated cough in the end.

Kyier shook his head, saying nothing more in fear that his friend would try and respond. "The others-our men. Can't- can't leave..."

"The two of you first. We will be back for the others. They'll be fine. They seem to much prefer beating on the two of you."

They led them carefully up the staircase, taking each step with great care. Elisabeth had either taken Kyier's words gravely seriously, or else she was quickly losing stamina. Kyier had to step back at one point, ducking down to take some of Raina's weight onto himself. The girl looked up at him with a mix of relief and shame as the Duke helped her carry the woman the rest of the way up the stairs with Chrystiem still hanging on his opposite side. For such a small man, the Duke was surprisingly strong... A fact that perhaps often when unnoticed. "Um...Thank you," Elisabeth mumbled, bowing her head as her face flushed red.

"Open the door quietly and check to see if the coast is clear. We have to move fast." Elisabeth nodded, peering out from the dungeon entrance. She was nervous, Kyier could see just the slightest shake of her hand as she stepped forward. He waited back with the other two, scanning over the pair to make sure they were both still breathing. The second he looked back, Elisabeth had vanished. His heart skipped a beat in his chest as his eyes frantically searched the surroundings for any trace of her. "Elisabeth?!" he called out in a whispered hiss. Silence was his only answer. Kyier took a deep breath and carefully lowered the pair gently to the stairs. The door creaked only slightly as he pushed through to find the very worst he had feared.

"Elisabeth, hm? Lovely name." The castor grinned from behind the petite woman he held in his unique grasp. "Such a fine heart too. Hmm... Though an abnormally large stomach for her size. I dare say she has the potential to become quite fat in her older years."

The tears in Elisabeth's eyes set a fire in Kyier's soul. His entire being alit with fire, the once serene pools of mulberry became even more lethal than the beast of a man they had seen earlier.

The smaller of the pair of castors tilted his head as his hand continued to gently caress the Duchess' vital organs. She shook vigorously, tears pouring from her eyes. She couldn't scream or cry out, and whether pain or inhumane discomfort, Kyier could not decipher. Nor did he care which. "Unlike my counterpart, I prefer to take the gentleman's approach, even when faced to those who most obviously wish me harm. My name is Jaxton, quite the pleasure, Duke." Elisabeth gasped as his hand wandered lower, feeling the parts of her that made her a woman. "I can promise you that you've never had someone like me before." he chuckled. "But then... you haven't had anyone have you now?" Jaxton seemed to take notice to the look in Kyier's eyes. It was a flicker of disdain so strong that the man actually took a step backwards. "Oh? Have a struck a nerve?" he questioned.

Kyier's mind lost all form of sensical thought. He could no longer stand by and watch Elisabeth be violated in such a disturbing manner, even if it meant putting her in grave danger in the process. Rational thought became presently impossible. A roaring orange fireball darted from Kyier's being straight for the sadistic castor, traveling at a speed well beyond that which anyone could dodge. Jaxton screamed as it knocked him backward, the fire growing instantaneously to completely engulf the man. Kyier ran forward to catch Elisabeth as she fell forward, his mind at the very least acknowledging that the flames surrounding him needed to be extinguished lest he burn her. His arms quickly wrapped around her, pulling her close as she gasped and cried into his shirt. "It's okay, it's okay. You're safe now. I have you." he soothed. Thunderous footsteps shook the castle, signaling the approach of the second castor. Kyier's lip turned as he cast one last glance toward the man writhing in pain before forcing Elisabeth to her feet. "Come on, we have no time."

"Go. Take Elisabeth and get out of here. I'll hold off this pair. Your friends are already to safety and in capable hands. Get out of here, now!" Kyier's head snapped in the direction of the new presence, instantly recognizing the man from a prior episode. "Go!" Binks yelled again.

Kyier took Elisabeth into his arms and slammed his foot down on the trap door he had tried to tell the stubborn girl about earlier. He hastened her inside, guiding her swiftly down the staircase he knew all too well...
There was fire against the wall, lit posts that burned a flame bright and warm. But that wasn’t the warmth Elisabeth had felt, walking next to Kyier the entire way, she felt the heat from his body radiating into hers. She could have fallen asleep it was so soothing, like dipping into a hot bath after being thrown about the snow. She never thought her insides would feel the warmth again. However, despite the fact that she felt so warm, she felt…dirty. Like her insides would never feel clean again, and she was beginning to hate herself. She knew nothing was taken away from her, but she had a gift to give to someone else, and she was afraid he would no longer take it. What had they done to her?
The tunnel seemed to go on forever, nothing was their only blanket now. Darkness, and the warmth that Kyier omitted were what calmed Elisabeth down. Step after step they took together, one after the other, both trying desperately to reach their destination. When they were finally able to get to the outside, Kyier pushed open the door and Elisabeth was one more in the cool light of day. She turned and could see the castle before her, waiting for Kyier to come out. She get staring, watching the place that was once so beautiful turn into something so deadly, like it was crumbling right before their eyes.

She felt Kyier place his hand on her, as if to guide her back home and she sighed, almost sadly, before allowing herself to follow. She was still quiet…no longer terrified, but trying to collect her thoughts. She barely paid attention to where she was going, just allowing Kyier to move her along, and suddenly they were there, the proud manor standing greatly in front of them. Elisabeth detached herself from Kyier, not having realized she was holding his hand, and felt another bout of cold. “Thank you,” She said, looking at him before they went inside. “Really, Kyier, thank you…” She leaned up and kissed his cheek.
She moved inside with him, “I’m going to go take a bath,” She said. She moved up the stairs, and as soon as she got into her room she crumbled into a small ball and started to cry. She cried and cried, letting everything she had feeling come bubbling out now that she knew she was safe. She tried to compose herself enough that she could move into the hall but she still allowed herself to tears. She started to undress as she moved towards the bathroom, not really all there. It was as she was deflating, becoming a sad, hollow, being. She knew she wasn’t, but couldn’t figure out how to expel the sick she had been feeling. And then she closed the door, taking off her underdress and letting it slip to the floor. She poured the water into the tub, turning it so hot steam immediately began to cover the large mirror. She fell into the tub, her leg sticking over the edge as the rest of her body turned a very vibrant red color. But Elisabeth just stared. Stared at the mirror, at the soaps and sponges that lined the walls, and the paintings of flowers from Anita’s own garden. Finally, she plunged herself into the water, closing her eyes as she wished all the cold from within her would disappear for good.

Downstairs, where Kyier had gone, Mathius was taking care of Chrystiem and Raina, bandaging their wounds and force feeding them hot tea. “You need to get warm,” He said, once more taking Raina’s temperature. “The cold from your body must be dispelled.” He said. He tried at first the regular medicines for their outerwounds, but they were still so cold. He came up to Chrystiem, placing his hands on his heart, and his forehead, she said, “Opacus praetereo,” and a radiant light shot out from his palms, morphing into the man’s own flesh and disappearing within his veins, the sold gold color still visible as it moved throughout the body. “Does that feel better?” Mathius asked. He moved over to Raina, doing the same to her, as the light once again came back into her eyes. For both of them, the light had brought back the warmth to their hearts, allowing the regulatory blood flow they were lacking, and the colour had once become rosy and vibrant in their cheeks.
In the graveyard, where the disgruntled, fuming Marchioness had went, after discovering she had no other place to go, and sat near her Aunt and Uncles graves, she was watched. So intently, so closely, the pale skin and the bright eyes, her beautiful hair cascaded down. The woman who watched her took another step, and another, and suddenly, the young woman looked up at her, and her eyes caught. The black haired woman disappeared, appearing behind Lillia. “Do I frighten you?” She asked, startling the woman who backed to the Cross headstone. “Do I frighten you?” She asked again, coming closer and putting her hand up to Lillia’s cheek. “So very beautiful. I wish I could be as beautiful as you,” She whispered. Her lips formed a grimace, “I dare defy you to tell me I am not as beautiful as you!” She suddenly screamed, and her hair started to change from the raven black to the blonde, her skin becoming pinker. But in her frustration, in her accidental mischief, she made a mistake, and she became even uglier. She hid her face, and she screamed in terror, not being used to not control her powers. Katarina drew a dagger from her back, fed up with the girl who got to live so beautifully, and she so hideously.

She slammed the dagger down, trying to swipe at her, anywhere she could scar, or she could take her life. “You are ugly to me!” the witch woman hissed. “You are ugly.” But when Lillia was running away, Kat stood still, trying to calm her powers and her mind. Her gray/blonde hair almost melted back to the black she had, and she tried to calm her tingling skin and get the pale, fluorescent color she was used to. Finally, she was sure it was in her eyes, but they changed back from the ugly brown to their natural blue. She vowed right then she would have revenge on that woman. Nobody should be that beautiful. Nobody.
Raina was the first to stir from the couch. Her eyes opened slowly as the powerful light cleared the shadowy toxins from her veins. She inclined her head to Mathius, "Thank you, Mathius. I owe you our lives."

A scoff drew both of their attention, "Tch... Your lives, eh? I suppose dragging your sorry arse from the depths of that poisonous dungeon counts for nothing then?" Kyier grinned smugly, his arms crossed over his chest as he leaned against the doorway. Raina did not respond to his jab, instead moving to Chrystiem's side. Kyier watched as she reached for the man's hand. He had never seen the proud, frighteningly strong woman behave so tenderly. Her eyes held a degree of compassion Kyier had never known her to be capable of. It made him wonder what had all transpired while the pair of them had been trapped down there. As he watched them, the soft realization suddenly hit him. He hadn't noticed until then that there had hardly been a single scar or bruise marring Raina's body while Ryst on the other hand lay in a mess of shambles. Kyier's eyes widened, not sure why the inclination touched him so. He knew well Chrystiem's feelings for his partner. The young man had never known one without the other, after all. Never had he played witness to a team so in sync with the others movements... It was as if they could read the other's mind with a single glance. Ryst groaned as he too slowly began to awake. He felt Raina's arm come behind him to support his back as he sat up and that gesture alone return the ridiculously handsome smile of his back to his face.

"I told you we'd make it out of there together." Raina whispered. Kyier hadn't heard her words, but he took notice to Chrystiem nodding back to her. She turned to look at him then, "Kyier-" She sighed as she helped Chrystiem to his feet. The two stood up proudly, walking together toward him with such determination in their eyes. The Duke looked almost panicked as they inclined their heads and took a knee before him. "Of course I thank you as well, from the bottom of our beating hearts. Please don't interrupt us, for we know you will try. Allow us to finish and then will we hear whatever ridiculous heresay you may surmise."

Chrystiem was working so hard on holding back the laughter that threatened to escape the back of his throat. The boy looked so damn terrified. "We know well your stance on becoming ruler of this kingdom, but Duke or King... I, Chrystiem Alexander Royle, hereby swear my loyalty to you, to act as your sword and shield."

"As do I, Raina Victoria Evelyn. I hereby swear to honor your name, to protect you, and abide by your word. You have our faith and our trust, Kyier." Raina smiled.

"Whether you ascend the throne or otherwise, we will stand behind you." Chrystiem followed.

The Duke had done as they requested. He held his tongue through their entire little ceremony before finally he knelt down to their level, "Fools." he grumbled, shaking his head as he swore he could see Mathius tearing up from the corner of his eye. He eventually smiled though, "No good will come of this. The kingdom needs the pair of you."

Chrystiem could only scoff, "It is not us that this kingdom needs..." Before Kyier could interject, Mathius stepped forward, not allowing the man to object. "Chrystiem, come and sit down, you still have a number of injuries I need to take care of." The man nodded, watching as Kyier took the opportunity to slowly slip away. Everyone knew that the man was born to be a King, everyone aside from the man himself...

Kyier moved down the darkened hallway, his mind heavy with his friends' words. He did not deserve them. Why couldn't they see that he was no King? Everyone expected that he was merely trying to cast away the responsibility, but in reality... He sighed as he looked toward the frames photograph of his parents smiling at him from his desk. He took a seat before them, his eyes unmoving for what felt like hours. The hours grew well into the night with the Duke remaining stationed at his desk. Every now and again he would look over some notes or research, but for the most part, he just stared.

"Kyier?" Such a fragile and frightened tone... Kyier turned toward his door and breathed a heavy sigh. He was surprised that anyone else would be up at this hour.

"Yes, what is it?"

The girl opened the door slowly, presenting herself in a nightgown covered robe. She almost looked to be visibly shaking as she stepped into his room. Her eyes spoke volumes of her shame and how much courage she had to muster to confront him. "I-I couldn''t sleep and I saw the light from your bedroom... I-Kyier, I'm sorry. I know you will think me childish and shoo me away but I am so scared. Everything, every time I close my eyes I can feel that dreadful cold..."

The Duke stood, his eyes narrowing curiously as he listened to her speak. Her eyes were centered to the floor, too ashamed to raise and meet his. He sighed, reaching out to gently lift her chin. She gasped, clearly not having expected his touch. His warm palm moved to grace her cheek, pulsating a gentle warmth. "Sometimes it takes by a new touch to forget the lingering effects of an old one." he whispered. "Sleep in my bed tonight. My mind is far from slumber." Kyier turned from her then, almost as if in a trance as he returned to his desk. He moved some paper around, until one in particular caught his eye.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff