Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Gaian

21,940 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • WilyTrickster 50

Hello there! I accept anything from lit above. But I'm usually flexible - show me some of your work and I'll see. Three paragraphs is fine. I'm not unreasonable. Don't worry about time, chapters are released bi-monthly. For this first chapter, the deadline is indefinite. You can still participate in contributing to the first chapter. You'd have to use the form on the first post, though.

This is a fantasy story - a journey of sorts, basically. The title, 'Odyssey', should tip you off on that already. As for the general direction of the story, that depends on everyone's contribution. After receiving their written work, I have to merge each piece together to form one chapter. We'll progress chapter by chapter, and we'll develop from there. I guess you can call it a CYOA (Choose Your Own Adventure) story. Not as interactive, but I try to optimize interactivity anyhow, to make it enjoyable for everyone, by assigning 'writing tasks' for each individual. They are usually questions that allow several paragraph answers, and those answers will be implemented into the story.

If you're interested, use the form on the first post.

A NOTE FOR EVERYBODY: Seeing as there are pretty much no male leads right now, I'm allowing everyone to have up to two characters. Create an extra male/female, but only if you'd like to do so and have considerably more time on your hands. This will double the writing tasks you receive. If you're a girl and you want to create a male character, try to make it revolve around a different Gaian persona - we can't have two characters who are almost alike, the only difference being their gender. To help, try revolving the second character around a different outfit you have. Mule accounts can also help, if you have one. Otherwise, create from scratch using TekTek.

Blessed Raider

4,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hehe, sorry everyone, and thank you for your patience. I'm currently up to my ears in school, work, and drama so please bear with me.

Poll 1; I believe we should continue contributing individually to the works, however blue anon should be made to be our 'head editor' if you will. All posts should be run through by anon and then if they decide everything's in order for the storyline than we can continue from there. Otherwise if there is some sort of miscommunication anon can relay that to the posting party and we can have the error tended to post-haste.

Poll 2; I myself am writing a novel, in my personal time. I intend for each chapter to be thirty pages long, but that's only because I'm setting a very high standard for myself lol. In such a work where multiple parties are contributing however, I might even say more than thirty pages. If we have the capability to go far, why not do it, right? Again, just expressing my unprofessional opinion.

Poll 3; Every week? lol. I want to be selfish and say 'JUST WAIT FOR ME' but I realize you are all just as eager to begin as I am. Every week actually sounds good, that way I can set a time for me to respond and just get it done. Had I set a time for myself before I'm sure such a delay in response wouldn't have happened, so I'll be sure to get on top of that right away.

So please PM me my writing assignment whenever it is ready. I am very thankful for your patience and your putting me at the bottom of the postings, this will help me to plan my responses and get them to you hastily when they're required. Thanks again to the blue anon for getting this all started

Vicious Carnivore

15,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Ok, I'm really sorry. >.<

I WILL FINISH IT SOON.

Break has finally come so I can finish, and it turned out a bit longer than I expected. XP
My task is completed

Questionable Gaian

21,940 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • WilyTrickster 50

H0ll0wM4n, thank you for your input, and you are welcome. And no worries, I'm pretty much swamped with work and melodramatic days... oh, drama... Any road, I will PM you your task shortly.

Jade, don't worry. Since everyone had agreed to a bi-monthly update (before H0ll0wM4n's suggestion), I'll set the deadline for this first task somewhere within the first week of March. And actually, the longer, the better.

SPI, I've received it, thank you. (:

I can't really start my own portion of the story until I've gotten everyone's chapter. The time we need to complete one chapter differs according to how quickly everyone can send in their contributions. I may take awhile editing these works once receiving them, adding descriptions in-between, writing for my own character, etc. Basically, the sooner, the better. But then again, there's the matter of amount. The shorter you write, the shorter a chapter would be, naturally. I will try my best to maximize a chapter by adding my own paragraphs to it, but I can't guarantee that it would be a long chapter - I'm in my last months of high school and, oh god, I loathe finals.

As much as I'd love to submit a chapter every week with approximately thirty pages, I don't think we'll be able to manage for the months to come. We could try, but everyone is going to have to try to bolster their word count too, because I can't always be on the receiving end. We'll start out short for now, and slowly, we'll work toward a more rewarding goal. It'd be amazing to achieve that, considering some of our tight schedules.

Blessed Raider

4,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Awesome, thanks blue. The first week of March sounds fantastic to me. Yes, thirty pages does sound quite excessive for a collaborative works. I can personally guarantee a more than satisfactory contribution every task, it would be very enjoyable to write out several paragraphs. I'll continue to check in at regular intervals; in the mean time I'll spend some time thinking how I can help give my characters personality yet more peculiar habits (without impeding the story, of course).

Coincidentally I, too, am in my last months of high school. I'm entering online college and there's quite a bit of work for me to do. I'm more concerned about moving the hell out of where I am now, but still; the stress is all the same. Your tribulations are more than understandable.
Yes, I understand such deadlines entirely. As long as it doesn't all fall apart, it's fine.

Blessed Raider

4,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I have submitted my writing task.

Vicious Carnivore

15,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dressed Up 200
With my SAT's finally done, I finished my writing task. whee