Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm looking for a committed co-writer for a Twilight fanfiction titled "Light in the Dark".

I need someone who can write the main OC, Charles (charismatic, confident, an idealist, and just a hint of psychotic), which shouldn't be too difficult. I find just about everyone else writes him better than I do.

"Light in the Dark" is an AU Bella/OC romance with a fair amount of angst and drama, owing to the story taking place in stead of New Moon.

I haven't started writing it yet, and I have only a very rough outline:

Edward left Bella to protect her from his world. . .only for his worst nightmares to promptly become reality. She was found in the forest that same night by a young, ten-strong vampire army. It didn't matter that they were vegetarian - they were lead by a charismatic lunatic who hated Edward's guts and would change her the minute she asked.

They took her into their family with open arms, away from the human world to which Edward insisted that she belonged. They tried to ease the pain of her depression, and Lord help the sorry vampire who attempted to harm her on their watch. . .or, for that matter, the Cullen that dared to show their face in front of her.

Charles [the coven leader] convinced Bella to hate the Cullens for what they'd done to her, and he took Edward's place as her boyfriend. She was starting to adjust to her new life, perhaps even warming up to the idea of becoming a part of their family in every sense, when. . .

Edward returned in March - six months after his departure - to beg for her forgiveness. He was sure that she could have only been in more danger were she amidst the Volturi.

Charles promised that he would kill him if Bella found out he was there - perhaps for selfish reasons, perhaps because he didn't want Edward to have the chance to hurt her again, perhaps both.

No definite ending thus far.

7,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
I am sorry for like ignoring you. It's just that I really didn't have any time to help you, too much school stuff right now.
Well, I wish you would have said something. . .

7,500 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
mmm... sounds very interesting; i can try help if you'd like =]
Listo
Bump.

That sounds awesome! Like my kinda story! I would love to help you! PM me and we can get started!

Dapper Lunatic

11,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
theres seldom a reason to simply bump in the writing forums, things move sluggishly around here. if you fall off the first page merely add some details to the topic or some other related bit of information. like whats the over all message of the story? how will you keep the characters who aren't original to the piece inline with how they were in their original story? is there a set climax already? do you have a resolution in mind or is it something you would prefer to work out with your collaborator? how flexible are you on the story? what are you looking for in terms of time, literacy, fore knowledge of the original piece, experience in collaboration, in a partner? all things to talk about that are much more helpful than bumping @.@ though admittedly its simply a pet peeve of mine, so it should be stated I'm not yelling or belittling you for doing so.
Well, I haven't attended to this thread in quite some time, and I'm looking for a co-writer again, so I wanted to have it back on the first page and get some attention. Adding details to the original post won't do anything to further that cause.

But concerning the questions. . .

I don't think that there is any message whatsoever. Just a story.

I don't see any problem with keeping Canon characters In-Character. I think the only one who will change at all is Bella, developing more of a backbone and not allowing Edward to walk all over her anymore. (Neither will she go to the far extreme and become a gothic rock star named Izzy. . .)

I don't know how it's going to end. But if Edward wins, he's sure as hell going to have to work for it.

As long as the story contains the basics of Charles and his coven finding Bella in the woods and taking her in, turning her against the Cullens to some degree, and Edward coming back and having to contend with them, I'd probably be open to most any suggestion. I would not, however, be open to adding any new characters to Charles's coven.

I'm looking for someone who is online consistently and will not abandon the project, and who at least makes an effort to use spelling and grammar correctly. If they could read 'Evil Angel' prior to our collaboration (to get a sense of who Charles is), that wouldn't hurt.

Dapper Lunatic

11,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Listo
Well, I haven't attended to this thread in quite some time, and I'm looking for a co-writer again, so I wanted to have it back on the first page and get some attention. Adding details to the original post won't do anything to further that cause.

But concerning the questions. . .

I don't think that there is any message whatsoever. Just a story.

I don't see any problem with keeping Canon characters In-Character. I think the only one who will change at all is Bella, developing more of a backbone and not allowing Edward to walk all over her anymore. (Neither will she go to the far extreme and become a gothic rock star named Izzy. . .)

I don't know how it's going to end. But if Edward wins, he's sure as hell going to have to work for it.

As long as the story contains the basics of Charles and his coven finding Bella in the woods and taking her in, turning her against the Cullens to some degree, and Edward coming back and having to contend with them, I'd probably be open to most any suggestion. I would not, however, be open to adding any new characters to Charles's coven.

I'm looking for someone who is online consistently and will not abandon the project, and who at least makes an effort to use spelling and grammar correctly. If they could read 'Evil Angel' prior to our collaboration (to get a sense of who Charles is), that wouldn't hurt.
No you don't have to edit the top post, you can post related information in separate posts thus metaphorically bumping and accomplishing something else at the same time. But like I said its really just a pet peeve of mine >.>.

what about a theme?

Gothic bella might be funny actually, given from what I managed to swallow of twilight any character change for bella would be a major one, as she didnt really have much in that area imo.

reason?

and what is Evil angel?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas