Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello there!

I'll try to make this as brief and understandable as I can...In the past I have mainly used Barton Town for finding writing partners, but it occurred to me that I might find someone more on the same page (literally) if I looked here. I'll try to give an idea of who I am and what I am looking for, if I find someone then great, if not I'm sure there are other ways...

Also, I have seen many people posting search threads but I am admittedly too lazy to look through them all, so I though I would just put myself out there instead XD

A little about me...

- 22 year old female with no "real" job currently; waiting for school to start and spending my time writing, doing art and caring for my husband and animals. Oh, and lots of adventuring on the weekends.

- I have rather extreme world views and opinions, something I expect will be a part of my writing and I am passionate about my ideas. I also have had some pretty intense experiences in my life and sometimes I use these as inspiration, though mostly I like to create original back stories for characters.

- I consider myself advanced in writing, not only from my own opinion but also of others, though I admit there is a LOT I still need to learn and there's always room for improvement. I am a full time college student with a major in English.

- Aesthetics mean a lot to me, I would love to write a novel with someone else and have it posted on a well designed web page with accompanying artworks.

- My aspirations are big and so is my commitment, but I will tell you up front and honestly if something isn't working out.

- I pride myself in my character design most of all, and like to think that I have a knack for bonding the reader with those characters.

- I participate in NanoWriMo, and have completed about 3 rough drafts for novels that I just can't bring myself to go back over and edit, but I plan on attempting it some day

- I am DEAD serious about this, really. I've always had this dream to write a book with someone else, and publish it online (or for real...) and I hope to accomplish it!

If there's anything else you want to know, don't hesitate in asking!

What I'm looking for....

- Someone with imagination, ideas, passion and the skills to back it up

-I don't have limits and I expect you not to either.

- Open communication and sharing, I want things to feel equal and truly collaborative

-Friendship!

- Excitement! You should be excited by our story, and if you're not, tell me!

- Appreciation of art required, but not actually being able to create it. I could care less if you're good at drawing, but it would be a great plus

- An open mind--some of my ideas are FAR from the beaten path of mainstream society...most things about me are.

Here are my current ideas for novels/stories/roleplays, though I strongly suggest you bring up your own as well...Also, romance is a given in any plot we do and MUST be included, though of course tastefully.

- New twists on old folklore, bringing something fabled and giving it a modern placement subtly intervening in a normal life.

- A nomadic life, someone who travels in our world or a made up one.

- Rebellion, revolution, movement of the people against a governmental force. Any time, any world, any theme.

- Our civilization is collapsing, one town in the middle of nowhere must learn to fend for itself as every day resources fail, violence breaks out and all assets of modern day times are useless.

-Ocean based, marine biology, mermaids, mermen, selkies or finfolk...Anything sea related!

-Animal spirits/ familiars/ hybrids

-Pioneers vs Native Americans

-The Gold Rush

-Anything set in Africa, Hawaii or the Mediterranean.

I have many more ideas, genres, plot bunnies and such that I can give but it would take me all day. I also am a firm believer in picture or song based plots.

If there's anything I've forgotten, let me know and we can discuss. Also if you want samples, I can PM you the link. Please post here or PM if interested!

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Desierto De Rosas
I would love to write with you. However must let you know that I am also writing with three other people on separate projects. So if that doesn't bother you I'm in.

I am also looking for some people to write a survival story with. If it interests you please check out this link

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

I'm interested in doing this with you. If you're still looking, let me know!

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Hello! I have an idea that's a bit out there but it's something I've been planning on doing for years now and I'm looking for someone willing to work with me to bring it to life. Mind taking a look and letting me know if you're interested? link

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff