Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I am writing a book, or trying and failing. Either way, im looking for someone to partner up with.
Excessively long story short, Im looking for writer with particular skill set in dialogue. Coming up with ideas surrounding a particular scene is not much of a problem, as much as the incorporation of a character's personality into a book through dialogue. Ive got the surrounding packed with stuff, and i have plot arranged, and the detail around every aspect of the piece is designed to be epic in proportion. Its ambitious, but with the right people it can be done. Quote me if you are interested, and i will give you a flyby on the plot.

Dedicated Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
mckuy
I am writing a book, or trying and failing. Either way, im looking for someone to partner up with.
Excessively long story short, Im looking for writer with particular skill set in dialogue. Coming up with ideas surrounding a particular scene is not much of a problem, as much as the incorporation of a character's personality into a book through dialogue. Ive got the surrounding packed with stuff, and i have plot arranged, and the detail around every aspect of the piece is designed to be epic in proportion. Its ambitious, but with the right people it can be done. Quote me if you are interested, and i will give you a flyby on the plot.

I'm kind of looking for a collaboration project to do but I'm still a bit of an amateur writer. Do you think that'll be okay?

5,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
xXPeachesMm
mckuy

I'm kind of looking for a collaboration project to do but I'm still a bit of an amateur writer. Do you think that'll be okay?

I am extremely desperate right now. If you can post a demo of your work, that would be great.

Dedicated Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
mckuy
xXPeachesMm
mckuy

I am extremely desperate right now. If you can post a demo of your work, that would be great.

I posted one of my stories in the fiction/prose section. "Angel From Hell". You could read it?

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Well, I'm an amateur at writing, however I have been told I am good at dialogue. If you haven't found a partner yet, I am interested.

Here are some examples

Dialogue Ex 1:

“Erin. Erin wake up.” Alexandra pulled back the covers from her sister’s head.

“Hmm…”

“Come on Erin. We’re going to be late if you don’t wake up now.”

“-right.”

Alexandra smiled, “I know what your ‘all right’s’ mean Erin. Come on.” Alexandra shook her sister.

“I’m up.” she pushed back the covers sitting up. “Morning.”

“Morning. I’ll be downstairs with Izzy. Kay?”

“Kay.” She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes,

Dialogue EX 2:
“Man I can’t wait for the Rebirth Celebrations to be over.” Iza'Byl laid down on the grass.

“I agree, however I am excited to be given the chance at another solo.” Alexandra stood, staring up into the stars.

Erin sat next to Iza'Byl, she was the oldest followed by Alexandra, then Erin.

“Well, what do you think Erin?” Iza'Byl tilted her head.

“Hmm. Well. As much as I love the festivals, I really don’t want a part this year.”

“Why not?” Iza'Byl played with her braided hair, which normally hung to mid back when down. “Celebrating the old year, inviting the New Year. Great food. Great entertainment. What’s not to look forward to?”

“Just tired of all the attention.” Erin started braiding some of the long grass.

“Ahh….that’s right. You don’t like attention. Yet somehow you always seem to be center stage.” Iza'Byl sat up, asking Alexandra why she wasn’t sitting with them.

Alexandra smiled; somehow it seemed a little sad. “I am truly sorry.”

“For what?” Erin looked up, leaving the grass be.

“I did not wish this had to happen. Not this way.” she shook her head.

“Alie?” Iza'Byl became concerned, “What are you talking about?”

“It’s time.”

“Time for what?” Iza'Byl asked.

“Time to die!” A male voice rang out.

Dialogue EX 3:
“Come on Cerno!” Orad was hysterical. “Breath Dammit!”
“Orad, he’s gone.” Lin whispered.
Orad pumped away, breathing air deep into Cerno’s lungs. Lin grabbed his hands.
“He’s gone Orad!” he yelled, tears fell from his eyes.
Orad pulled his hands free and punched Lin, “Don’t say that! I can’t live without him God damn it!” He breathed again, this time deeper and longer. “For ******** sake Cerno!” another breath. “Wake up!” another breath. “Breathe!”
Water came up. Orad pumped his chest and more water came up. He breathed for him again. Cerno coughed, Lin rolled him onto his side to help get the water out. Cerno gasped for air between coughs.
“Cerno!” Orad pulled him close, hugging him tightly.
“Orad. I can’t breathe.” He made no move to escape.
Orad loosened his grip, Cerno threw his arms around him. “I didn’t say let me go.” He whispered.

Dialogue EX 4:
“What song is that?” he stretched and yawned.

“It is a War Song.” She replied with a sad, almost longing, smile.

“Where’d you learn it?”

“A friend.”

His eyebrow raised, “A friend? Since when have you been cheating on me with another friend.” He hoped to cheer her up.

“Since you stopped answering my questions.”

“It’s one question. It has no meaning to anything, no bearing at all.”

“Maybe to you.” Her voice started to crack.

“Our first meeting.” He mumbled.

Alyssa turned her head, “What?”

“Our first meeting. That’s what I was remembering. When I fell out of the tree and your eyes were staring at me in the hospital when I woke up. The night we snuck out of your house and found this.” He raised his hands, “When it rained just like last night and we were stuck out here until the early morning hours, and how Lenlou and Cophia yelled at us all day. How my mother grounded me for it.”

“Why did you not tell me when I asked?”

He shrugged and examined the floor. “Why won’t you tell me where you went all summer?”

“You really want to know?” Her gaze was distant.

“Yeah.”

Story EX:
She faced the crowd of soldiers, sensing the emotion in the air. They were close to victory and yet so far away. It seemed an impossible goal. Just outside their grasp their fingertips constantly grazing the surface. The crowd yelled war cries, cheers, and names of the fallen. Their moral was high and it was sure to fall quickly. She held her head high, closed her eyes to see the vision of peace, then took a deep breath and opened her eyes.

“Comrades,” the cheering grew louder into a chant. Her name was a spell of good luck and strength. “My fellow warriors. I come to you today with a heart heavy full of grief for our fallen comrades. Yet, I cannot stop cheering at our victory!” the crowd roared in response, “We have come so far yet we have so much more to do. I ask you to listen closely to my words. Speak not until I am done, for these words will surely guide you.” The cheers grew quiet, the crowd intent on hearing their savior’s words.

“I am an enemy to the Kingdom. More so than any other Captain. It is foreseeable the High King will use all his power to take my life and the lives of our comrades. Our station is in constant danger. Still, I would move forward. I will make the High King want to kill me with his own sword in front of all the world to see. In my death another will rise. Another will continue what I have started. Another, you must trust and follow. For it is they who will free the people of this world!

I ask you to look deep into your hearts. Do not use your mind, for it will lead you astray. Our hearts are the focus of our power. Not the strength of our muscles nor the wit of our minds. Our hearts alone govern our power. It cannot move a mountain. It cannot speak our way out of trouble. Yet, it is with our hearts that our true desires, our true motives shine through. It is with our hearts we are able to choose our fate. To know the truth even when we blindly turn away. It is with your hearts I ask to answer this question. Will you follow me where ever I go? Even into deaths lair?” the crowd cheered.

“If you cannot lay down your life for your Kingdom, your friends and family, if you cannot lay down your life for me. Then lay down your sword. Look around you; see the faces that have survived many a battle. See the weariness in their eyes, the burning desire in their hearts. If you cannot lay down your life for them, then lay down your bows and arrows. If you cannot accept the unknowing as your fate or death as your destiny. Then lay down your axes, maces, and war hammers. If you are unwilling to die for freedom, all our freedoms, then lay down your weapons! You will not be branded as a traitor! Your names will go down as heroes! We will shout your names in battle! You will have a seat at the victory table! Now, who will stay with me until the end! Who will lay down their life for everything?!”

Story EX 2:
Luminescence from his wings brought light to his features. Golden hair shimmered when he moved his head toward the two dancing figures in the sky. Blue eyes told of great wisdom, strength, and courage, Ake felt stronger just by looking into them. He wore a simple green tunic with a single red sash around his waist that drifted elegantly in the wind. At his side was a sword, his hand rested on the hilt the other brushed back his hair, he needed a haircut. Soft lips smiled as he watched the fight. A small laugh, soft yet firm, escaped from those soft lips. He was enjoying show.

Ake turned back to the other two, the Angel was moving his lips. The Demon laughed and pointed his sword at the Angel, then to Ake. The Angel threw down his arm in protest. Ake couldn’t hear them from where she was standing, not even a whisper broke through the distance and wind. The Demon saluted then disappeared.

“Ha!” the Angel who rescued her laughed.

The other Angel joined them on the ground. His wings were not as bright as the one who lifted her away. They were whiter than snow and held a soft glow. His hair was white or silver, there wasn’t enough light for her to see clearly. He wore a simple black tunic, no belt. The sword was home in its scabbard which clung to his back.

Story EX 3:
Thick black smoke clogged the air with its tense smell of burning wood, tar, and fur. Flames licked the sky, greedily devouring everything in its path, giving no mercy to human or animal flesh and bones. Screams reverberated within the ears of the survivors as they frantically searched for loved ones.

He dropped to his knees, rain soaking into his hair, clothes, and bones. "It's not fair! I was right there!” he screamed and punched the ground over and over bloodying his hands. “It’s not fair!” looking up into the sky, rain mixing in with his tears “Why? Why did you let them take her away from me?” he hung his head, the Gods never answered.

His scales were darker than obsidian and his eyes deeper than the red of a ruby, the dragon stepped before him and wrapped his large wings around him, sheltering him from the piercing cold rain. “Boy,” his voice boomed inside his head, yet held the gentleness of a father, “Do you seek Razbunare, revenge?”

He raised his head, glaring in to the dragon’s eyes, “Yes. I want to kill them! Every last one of them! What they did-I will get my revenge!”

Story EX 4:
In my idiotic distraction an Angel reached for my chest plate; I bashed the end of my gun into his head until he fell to the ground. I swung the gun around pressed it to his head then pulled the trigger. Even with all my experience I stumbled at the buck. I ran straight into the middle of the rampage taking shots at Angels and knocking Devils from the path of fire. A bayonet cut the strap to my leg plate, a bullet seared through my thigh. I fell to the ground gritting my teeth in pain; the hole throbbed with each beat of my heart. Devils circled around me; I quickly wrapped up the wound and prayed it didn't hit a vital vein.

"Grin and bear it Soul Seeker! We almost got them!" one of them yelled into my ear.

Another lent me a hand; the pain was almost comforting. It meant I was still alive. He patted my shoulder and moved his lips; before he could get a word out blood, hair, bone, and brain exploded onto my face; I never heard the shot. He slumped to the ground, lips still parted.

A low growl reverberated within my vocal cords. I launched myself at the Angel who killed my protector. My hand connected with his face; sending vibrations up my arm. Using the momentum from the punch; I placed my hand on the dirt to hold my balance while my leg raised then arched down, destroying his windpipe. He twisted on the ground clenching his throat and straining for air.

A yell of defeat hovered over the Angels; the leader screamed for retreat. Once again we were victorious.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff