Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello!

I've had this idea for a story and the more I think about it, the more I want to make it into a comic. Unfortunately, I've never tried doing something like that and I'm still having issues putting together the story. I consider myself an average artist, but I need a good reference for human poses, which I can never seem to find. I can design the characters and you can draw them in the comic based on the script I put together.

As I mentioned, I haven't fully figured out how the story is going to play out, and I'm in need of a good writing buddy who can give me suggestions and help me get this thing rolling. Maybe even RPing a scene would help me get an idea on how to script a scene.

Anyway, I need an artist and a co-writer. If you can do both, that's fine, but I need you to be able to be available regularly. I'm online nearly every day, or at least every week, and I expect my co-writer to be as well.

Thank you for checking out my request!

~Redrose

P.S. If you have any questions about the story or what exactly I'm looking for in an artist, don't be afraid to ask ^_^

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Well I can write so I can help you with that. But I'm not a very good artist. I'm hoping to buy a new tablet next month...
Snowblazer
Well I can write so I can help you with that. But I'm not a very good artist. I'm hoping to buy a new tablet next month...

Ok, that's fine. Can you show me some examples of your writing?

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Sorry, just got off of work. Here are some examples.

Dialogue
That was almost nine years ago. We used to be so close. Closer than normal twins. But now she hates me. And I hate her.

“Courtney!” I screamed at her. Worried she was injured.

“Hello Caroline.” I couldn’t hear any emotion in her voice.

“Courtney! What happened? Who did this?” I kneeled next to our father.

“I did.” Pride seeped into her voice.

My head snapped up, “What?”

“I killed them.” A smile blossomed across her face.

“But why?” I sobbed, tears falling from my eyes.

“They were in my way.” She walked over our mother and stopped a few steps in front of me.

“How? How did they get in your way?” I demanded. “They love you! They would give anything we asked for without hesitation! Why did you kill them?”

“They kept me from you.”

“Why? They knew how much I wanted to find you.”

“I need to kill you.”

My stomach rolled over. The stench of blood crept into my nostrils and mixed with my sister’s statement. “Wh-Why?”

“I need your power. Unless you want to stand with me?” she held out her hand.

“I love you. I wanted to find you so badly. Why? Why would you want to kill me? I don’t have any powers!” I screamed.

“Love? Love is useless. Love is powerless. Love is for the weak. This,” she turned her palm up, a small ball of light formed in her hand. “This is power.” The light dissipated and she turned her hand to me again, “You have power over Dark. Together we can be powerful. We could rule this wasteland. Come with me sister.”

First person descriptive scene

Darkness. It swallows me whole; surrounding me in a deafening silence. My limbs move with ease. I look around; nothing but darkness meets the eye. A glimmer of light oscillates in the distance; my never ending curiosity pulls me towards the seemingly harmless dot. As I get closer the light splits in two, it bobs and weaves like a hyperactive child. Within feet of this mysterious light, it ceases all movement. It was then I could hear it. A low moan trailed by a growl. Hissing spawns goose bumps upon my body, my hair stands on end, and my heart jumps against my chest. Fear soaks into every nerve as I realize what the light is. Eyes. A streak of light flashes between us. It lunges and I scream.

My scream echoes off the steel walls and inside my head. Sweat rolls down my forehead, chest, and spine. My breath is quick and shallow. Fear quickly dissipates as I get my bearings. My room. Safe. I take a deep breath and hold it for ten seconds then slowly release it. The bed creaks as I fight my way out of the blankets. Light from the full moon casts a shadow on the floor as I walk by, I don't bother to turn on the light in the bathroom when I walk in. Cold water freezes the fear and shatters it to bits. I hope it erases any trace of it on my face. If only it could erase those horrible memories. I look up into the mirror. A white scar stands out against my flushed skin. Hair partially blocks my sight; I need a haircut, but that could wait. I look like crap. The thought made me laugh and shake my head. Just as I was about to turn and head back to bed the alarms sounded.

First person action scene

An earsplitting roar erupted from us as we charged into battle. Bullets ripped into my armor and bounced off my helmet. Both Angels and Devils fell to the ground; blood pouring from various points on their bodies. I switched to my combat shotgun since our space was limited. Blood splattered on my helmet and neck. I quickly turned, shotgun raised, an Angel fell to the ground missing his head. Claire smirked behind him with her sawed off shotgun. "One!"
I returned her smile, the bout was on. She ran the opposite direction yelling numbers as each Angel fell from her fire.

In my idiotic distraction an Angel reached for my chest plate; I bashed the end of my gun into his head until he fell to the ground. I swung the gun around pressed it to his head then pulled the trigger. Even with all my experience I stumbled at the buck. I ran straight into the middle of the rampage taking shots at Angels and knocking Devils from the path of fire. A bayonet cut the strap to my leg plate, a bullet seared through my thigh. I fell to the ground gritting my teeth in pain; the hole throbbed with each beat of my heart. Devils circled around me; I quickly wrapped up the wound and prayed it didn't hit a vital vein.

"Grin and bear it Soul Seeker! We almost got them!" one of them yelled into my ear.

Another lent me a hand; the pain was almost comforting. It meant I was still alive. He patted my shoulder and moved his lips; before he could get a word out blood, hair, bone, and brain exploded onto my face; I never heard the shot. He slumped to the ground, lips still parted.
A low growl reverberated within my vocal cords. I launched myself at the Angel who killed my protector. My hand connected with his face; sending vibrations up my arm. Using the momentum from the punch; I placed my hand on the dirt to hold my balance while my leg raised then arched down, destroying his windpipe. He twisted on the ground clenching his throat straining for air.
A yell of defeat hovered over the Angels; the leader screamed for retreat. Once again we were victorious.
Snowblazer

It looks great! I could really use your skills at writing a fighting scene. I think I've just found my co-writer smile

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Redrose Wolfpup
Snowblazer

It looks great! I could really use your skills at writing a fighting scene. I think I've just found my co-writer smile
Alright! When shall we bump heads? I currently work 5 am - 2 pm thursday-monday (sometimes I get wednesday and thursday off instead)
Snowblazer

Today or tomorrow is fine with me. I've got band practice starting Monday and I'll be busy with that most of the morning and some of the afternoon. What timezone are you in?

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Redrose Wolfpup
Snowblazer

Today or tomorrow is fine with me. I've got band practice starting Monday and I'll be busy with that most of the morning and some of the afternoon. What timezone are you in?
Uhhh....the time zone in which wyoming is in...I'm bad with time zones sweatdrop
Snowblazer

That's ok smile Wyoming is in the mountain timezone, which mean's you're an hour behind me, since I'm in central.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Redrose Wolfpup
Snowblazer

That's ok smile Wyoming is in the mountain timezone, which mean's you're an hour behind me, since I'm in central.
kk Wasn't sure if it was mountain or central lol. I never paid much attention to geography in school
Snowblazer

It's ok. I used google razz

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Redrose Wolfpup
Snowblazer

It's ok. I used google razz
*facepalm* why didn't I think of that...
Snowblazer

XD that's ok. Whenever you're ready, shoot me a pm, and I'll explain what I've got planned for the story.

Shirtless Prophet

13,275 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
Um can I have a sample of your writing? I'll see what I can do about a strip....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff