Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi smile

I'm part of a group of four friends who do some collaborative writing. One of us, not me, is the main writer, call her A, and the rest pitch in to help.

Lately I'm feeling frustrated with the pace A's setting. She's already told us what's going to happen, but hasn't written that section yet. I think we still have a way to go before we get there.

All we seem to be doing is dancing around the same spot. I don't see how she's going to make the connections that need to be made. To me, we're going forward at a glacial pace, and it's about to drive me nuts. I've tried to move things forward, to no avail. She keeps saying "not yet, not yet," or words to that affect.

I have kind of run across this before, with friends that didn't want to finish the story, or progress beyond a certain point, and the stories just ended up unfinished.

I have problems with unfinished stories in my own writing. I'm thinking more about what needs to be done to finish them. Maybe that's why this is sticking in my craw so much this time?

My tongue is getting pretty sore from biting it to keep quiet. What else can I do? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Theresa

Wheezing Gekko

Find a new group of people who aren't so darn slow. emotion_0A0

Dapper Genius

3,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Consumer 100
Try telling A that you're frustrated by the pace of the story and your concerns about not finishing the book. Maybe even find out what your other friends feel about the pace. If all three of you seem to agree, she may be more willing to listen to you guys. If she still doesn't want to move it along, and your friends are just as fed up as you, you could leave and write something yourself, or you could just leave by yourself and find another group.
Thanks to you both - I'll likely chat with them tonight and see how it goes smile . Have a good weekend!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff