How well do you know your character?

Very, very well thanks 0.57372505543237 57.4% [ 1035 ]
Um... average I suppose 0.16962305986696 17.0% [ 306 ]
I know their name and appearance! 0.037139689578714 3.7% [ 67 ]
Character?! Stories have characters?! 0.027716186252772 2.8% [ 50 ]
My character says: Give me gold. 0.19179600886918 19.2% [ 346 ]
Total Votes:[ 1804 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 165 166 167 > >> >>> »|

Well I read somewhere that it is very helpful for getting to know your characters by interviewing them. So here is a variation on that exercise....

The rule of this activity is that I post a question, asked in the style of my character (a few lines will do).
The next person posts the following:
Their character's name, age and a brief summary of their appearance
And more importantly
The answer to my question in the style of their character
And finally
In the style of their character, a question for the next person.

- Edit: Well if you haven't already noticed (how could you not?), this thread has been moved to the Collaboration subforum. This is because it appears to the mods that we have somewhat of an RP going on, but I'm fine with this as it could have just been chucked in the CB instead. So thank goodness we have kind Mods in the Writers' Forum! Anyway, this doesn't hinder us in the least, so feel free to continue.

Name: Ana Crow
Appearance: Ruggedly cut shoulder-length dark brown hair, green eyes, medium build but delicate features.

Ana tugged with false concentration on the hem of her skirt, avoiding their gaze as she spoke. Although she was the one asking the questions, somehow she felt interrogated and guilty. Guilty... about what?
"So..." she said, trying to hide the awkwardness in her voice... "How's the family?"

((That actually required a bit of thinking for me sweatdrop so now I know what I need to improve! Hooray for this thread xp ...))
Name: Mikaeru Jasen Tsureus
Appearance: Tall and lithely built, with coppery skin, light brown hair and grey eyes.

Mikaeru 'tsked' dismissively, glancing away with a roll of his shoulders before considering the question propper.
"Family? I don't know... I haven't seen them for a while. I can't say I have a particular fondness for them either. But you live with what you're given...," he grimaced slightly, vexed by the subject matter more than anything else. "What about you? I'm sure there's something you'd not mind being rid of if you could."

(Baaaah suckage. But it was an interesting exercise)
Name: Morgana Potter
Appearance sad harry potters twin,but doesnt look like him) long blond hair (always cute like braids or pigtails)wereing cute jeans with a few rips in the knees,a pink jacket,a pink,green,and orange striped skinny scarf,and a pink round hat
"Hows my family?" Morgana repeats "Well..." Morgana leans back and sighs
"Well when i was 1 my parents got murdered from "the dark lord" trying to save me and my twin brother" Morgana looks over "I guess you could call the Dursley's my blood family" Morgana says without looking back "But I dont want to talk about them" Morgana looks back with very sad eyes "My brother and I have been through some tough times....they get harder everyday since Voltamore...is...is back and wants......me and my brother.....dead
stjimmysgal
"Hows my family?" Morgana repeats "Well..." Morgana leans back and sighs
"Well when i was 1 my parents got murdered from "the dark lord" trying to save me and my twin brother" Morgana looks over "I guess you could call the Dursley's my blood family" Morgana says without looking back "But I dont want to talk about them" Morgana looks back with very sad eyes "My brother and I have been through some tough times....they get harder everyday since Voltamore...is...is back and wants......me and my brother.....dead

I'd like to point out that you can't mess around with the number of dots in an ellipsis, no matter how fun it is to press and hold that key on the board, and the six-dotted ellipsis only exists in the Chinese language.
Oh, and it's Voldemort. ^_^

Undead Elder

This looked like an interesting idea, but then that horrible Potter Mary Sue ruined it for me...that was one of the worst I've seen in awhile. My Thoth, how absolutely mortifying.

Y'know, I think the creator of this thread wanted to see original characters, why don't you think up something yourself? Completely by yourself? You know, instead of stealing another person's idea, stuffing a character into her universe creation, and butchering it. Aside from the fact that no-one is going to just start blabbling so nonchantly about their past and telling all their deepest darkest fears and secrets. I'd say this exercise has deducted the following:

stjimmysgal does not know her character in the slightest, because she doesn't really have a creation that be considered a character. It's an idea too uncreative and empty to be anything. Just some little fan-based fantasy that really makes me unhappy to look at. I do not apologize for my brutal honesty.
Dev Kimiko
Name: Mikaeru Jasen Tsureus
Appearance: Tall and lithely built, with coppery skin, light brown hair and grey eyes.

Mikaeru 'tsked' dismissively, glancing away with a roll of his shoulders before considering the question propper.
"Family? I don't know... I haven't seen them for a while. I can't say I have a particular fondness for them either. But you live with what you're given...," he grimaced slightly, vexed by the subject matter more than anything else. "What about you? I'm sure there's something you'd not mind being rid of if you could."

(Baaaah suckage. But it was an interesting exercise)

Name: Lyra
Appearance: Average height, not exactly slim but not plump. An uneven tan, blandly pretty features, straight black hair and brown eyes.

"Um..." Her gaze drifted, looking as if she couldn't care less, but quite the opposite, in fact. "Homework?"

She gave a feeble chuckle, amending: "Nah, I dunno." A shrug, another of those faraway, dreamy looks. Suddenly her eyes lost that glaze and she bit her tongue thoughtfully.

"So," she said at last, itching to ask him if he'd asked Julie Smith to the dance, but deciding it was too personal a matter. "Um... how's school?"

((Dang. Inspiration tank empty.

Oh, and I know that Lyra and Mikaeru are highly unlikely to attend the same school... but I thought depicting Lyra wondering if she'd ask him a personal question and deciding not to would show how shy she is.))
*Gah* Now I have to think of one of my characters that is still in school (most of them are in their midtwenties or early thirties).

Name: Rex Taney
Appearance: Dark haired, dark eyes, slim, and a little on the short side, with a thin scar under his left eye.

"School?" he asked. "It's not school that's the problem, it's my dorm. My roommate went to a party yesterday night and I got out and trashed the lobby. He knew it was full moon, and I told him to lock the door when he left. . . Ah, well, I guess I should've locked it myself. I know he'll forget, don't I?"

Rex twisted in his chair, still trying to get the stiffness out of his back and fighting the vague feeling he was growing claws and fur as he did the day after every full moon. "But school's all right. I haven't been failing or anything, at least. Anyway, that's enough complaining from me," he finished. "But how's work been for you guys?"

That was horrible --- I couldn't think of a school-age character that actually attends--- Gabriel's homeschooled by his dad, and Garin's world doesn't have an organized school system--- so I had to think of one off the top of my head. Ah, well, interesting writing excercise and happy writing everyone!

Cheers!
Name: Kaiet Jakue
Appearance: Medium height, though with a medium-to-large frame (large hands, feet, wrists), sun-bleached red hair, and completely shallow pale blue eyes.

Kaiet shrugged, a slight smile on her face. "Work's work, y'know? Miss Romenel-- or, she'd be Mrs. Levasseur right now, wouldn't she...-- but she treats me well. 'Course, I'm a bit sick of bein' forced to work as a servant, but since the alternative's a whore-- my sister could tell ya about that-- it's not a bad career in occupied Euskal." She sighed, leaned back in her chair with a bit of a wistful look to her. "Ah, wait, got ta get the master his token cup of coffee-- I'll be back soon. Meantime, where have you lived? Answer me when I get back." She traipsed away, humming a small tune to herself.
Name: Keenan Meadows
Appearance: shoulder-length dark brown hair, violet eyes, rather short with a light, muscular build

"How is work," Keenan repeated slowly as he thought over the answer to the question. After a few moments of silence, he said, "It's been rather busy lately. We had an agent die in the field, but only after he'd uncovered some corruption within the Agency itself." Sighing unhappily, he shook his head. "We don't know if we got all the moles out or not at this point." His voice took on a sarcastic edge as he added, "It's generally been a very fun time for all involved."

Forcing a smile, he glanced around at the other people in the room. "Here's a fun question: If you were on a sinking ship with your significant other and one of your parents. Whom would you save?" He settled back comfortably in the chair to await an answer to his question.
Lady Loki MM
"But how's work been for you guys?"

Name: Sarah Case
Appearance: Blonde, green eyes, average build and height.

"Oh, I don't know," Sarah said airily as she lit a cigarette. "I'm paying the bills OK... though it is one of the easiest paychecks in the world". She let out a blow of smoke, causing several people in the room to cough.

"I mean, two days ago a man called us because he though he saw his coffee mug moving. We didn't find a thing, so we concluded that the man must've been drunk or high or something." She casually deposited the burned-out cig in a nearby ashtray and began to light another.

"Another guy called earlier today, said the Loch Ness monster was in his hot tub." She said this as if she wasn't all that interested in the conversation. "I think Tish was the one who answered that call. She told him we weren't a joke company. Heh, what a dumbass that guy was." She quietly cackled to herself.

"So..." She said this with a pronounced "oh", and thought of a question, trying to carry on the conversation, "How was that date last weekend?"
Name: Hannah Curry
Appearence: Long brown hair, faded green sweater, blue jeans, gray-blue eyes, pentagram on a long chain. Medium height.

Hannah drummed her fingers on her right leg, thinking very hard. After several minutes, she said, "I'd probably save my significant other, because my father's dead and my mother's going to die anyway." Hannah sighed with relief. "Glad I got that out of my system!" she said cheerfully. She looked around the room and swung her legs back and forth like a small child. "Why are we here anyway?" she asked in a small voice.
I wish I could do this but my 13 year olds would get in the way.
Laverne Terres
I wish I could do this but my 13 year olds would get in the way.

Awww. *pats you on back*
Nicco_Nightstar

"Here's a fun question: If you were on a sinking ship with your significant other and one of your parents. Whom would you save?" He settled back comfortably in the chair to await an answer to his question.

Name: Yasmine Kylman
Appearance: shoulder-length brown hair, green eyes, purple glasses, short (meaning height), olive complexion, consevative style.

"My signaificant other, or one of my parents? Hm...toughie" said Yasmine thoughtfully, fiddling with her ring. "Well, seeing as my mother is dead, that's no good, and I haven't seen my dad in quite a while; 10 years to be exact....So, I guess I'd save Kirk, I mean, my dad is pretty resoucful" Yasmine sighed and crossed her legs. "I have a question for you guys; if you had a week to live...what would you do?" She giggled and added, "I know death isn't fun, but asking these questions are"

(My character isn'y usually so blunt, but I was pressed for time. This was fun.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff