Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Tycoon

Once more Luci had a rude awakening. True she knew where she was this time, but she'd been nearly knocked out of her tree with all the clamor below. Luckily (or not) she wasn't the only one as she hung from her knees. As her white shirt flipped upsidedown to reveal every rib she had and virtually no chest as slew of curses flew around her mind. And she was relieved.
Not daring to move from her position she looked up to the ground below where more dog men had assembled.
And it gets better, 667 pointed out. It didn't take much to figure out what she meant. Giant robots were dispersed among them painted in camoflouge jobs that didn't make much sense given their size. Another round of curses filled her head but it wasn't 667. She didn't have nearly enough rocks at her disposal.
It wasn't as if the jungle was an obstacle... No, the Collectors treated it as if it was grass. Blazing clusters of red optics swiveled about as they searched the forest. One briefly passed over the girl above.

The spidery collector just a few paces from 667/Luci froze. It said only two words that echoed through the jungle, two words of cold, tactical tone.

"Target sighted"

---

The young man in the Oni outside the jungle smirked, "What took so long?"

Desirable Tycoon

With as much force as she had to muster Luci pushed 667 into control. Startled the expiriment didn't have enough time to stop her before she had full control. A savage growl ripped through her in rage and indignation. How dare she?!
She could feel the pain begin to bubble up as she began to alter shapes. Two great black, bat-like wings pushed through the well worn holes in the back of her shirt, as likewise her short stubby nails lenghtened into wicked talons.
Swooping down into the fray of black clad men she slashed throat after throat until they finally caught on and tried to shoot her. Flying through the forest she contemplated leaving herself with a broken bone or two just punish that no-spine girl.
The Collector shot off electrified nets and taser bolts. The scouts, on the other hand, were more like prey.

"Signal lost.
Signal lost.
Signal lost.
Signal lost.
Signal lost."

The patrols had gone into a panic. Apparently the escaped experiment was a little hellbeast. Continual reports of the creature killing off the scouts rang through the audio of the hulking black Oni. The young man groaned in annoyance.

"Four hours after getting outside, and she thinks she's death incarnate." The boy shook his hair, eyeing a rod lying in the holster of his cockpit, "Well, it could be worse... She could be wearing tights and a cape... or a frilly dress with hearts all over it..."

One of the other pilots spoke up, "Sir, are you speaking about the Hero incident? The one where you-"

The boy snapped, glaring at the tiny monitor displaying the pilot's image, "I thought we agreed never to mention that again. I don't like repeating myself. We all agreed that there was no relation whatsoever between me and those girls. It was just a mistake. Got that?"

"Y-yes sir..." The monitor flicked off as another flicked on. This one filled with the familiar leering face of Doctor Krasis.

"We both know that isn't the case... Otherwise you wouldn't carry that thing with you as a last resort..."

"This had better be a secure channel Krasis, otherwise you're breaking the agreement."

"Of course it is! I wouldn't dream of breaking out little obligation with you and your friends."

Yeah, right, just like you wouldn't dream of building a private army... oh, wait. "Alright Krasis, what do you want this time?"

"Oh, well, that little thing is making a real mess of my soldiers over there, and one of us wants it alive, but the cost..."

"Spare me the sob story, they're clones. We all know this."

"Okay, fine. I want her to stop. You know full well you can make her do that."

"You want me to kill a scared little lab rat who is butchering your cloned super-soldiers."

"Not kill. Stop. You know what I mean."

"No. No. No I am NOT doing that. Especially not with a squad right here."

"Then I'll pull back the collectors, and you can go in. Without the squad. Or, I suppose we could redecorate the neighborhood back home..."

"I hate you so much... FINE. I'll do it. But you will pay for it, mark my words..." The boy kicked open the cockpit, grabbing the holstered wand, muttering words of murder.

Striding into the treeline, he pulled it from the sheath.

----

In the forest, a flash came from the other direction. This was no explosion, more like a white light, which faded to a pink glow.

The scouts caught a glimpse of it and ran. The Collectors froze, then scuttled backwards, evacuating from the trees as quickly as they could.

The jungle became eerily quiet.

Desirable Tycoon

Well things had gone quiet alright, to put it as an understatement. The only sound that filled 667's slightly pointed ears was the wind...and then a very painful thunk of a flying expirement crashing into someone. Letting out a slew of curses that would have made sailors gape she hit the ground rolling and crashed into a tree.
Calm dow, calm down, calm down! Remember your supposed to be escaping? Luci tried to soothe, which only made her other half that much more ticked.
Calm down?! This is all your fault in the first place! If you hadn't-
Shut up! We're probably still bugged in the brains. Luci shut her thoughts up so tight it was almost suffocating but 667 knew she had almost made a dire mistake.
Turning her attention to the human she ran into the escapee scowled as bad as possible.
Standing right next to her was a girl. She was pointing a silver and red wand at the experiment, and glaring with a pair of pink eyes that glowed with her wand.

"Don't you say a damn word girl. You're in trouble as it is, and now I'm in the middle of this crap too..."

But that wasn't the oddest part. The oddest part was that, while the soldiers before had a sort of light combat armor, this girl was wearing a short-sleeved blouse and a skirt. All over it was a heart motif, from the girl's shoes to the clips in her blazing red hair.

And the air around her seemed... dense. It was filled with an aura, both sweet and dangerous at the same time. (to be exact, it filled 667 with a feeling of dread, while it felt calming for Luci.) But something about it said, this girl is very dangerous. It'll take a lot more than claws or falling rocks to take her out.

The girl spoke again, "Say one word about my outfit, and I swear the ArTech lackeys you've been killing will be the LEAST of your worries. And that's including the walking tanks outside the treeline that will kill you on sight."

The wand flashed briefly, and the girl hissed in retort at it.

"As it is at this point, I really don't want to be here. Especially not like this, not surrounded by a bunch of people who now would probably try to kill me too. Got that? Now get up, and no funny business, or I'll wrap you up like a Christmas present and make you wish they'd never broken the security of that lab for you."

Desirable Tycoon

Keeping the ever-deepening scowl on her face, 667 got up slowly never looking away from the strange girl before taking a step back from breathing space.
Tanks, and lackey, and wierdoes oh my, the expirement thought to herself. If she couldn't say it out loud she had say it mentally or something wousent Luci ld happen. For a moment she was quiet then she gave a huge mental shove that sent Luci stumbling forward.
"Rude little..." she mumbled before giving a nervous smile. "Before we go anywhere what crap exactly did you get mixed up in? Because we've been free for about forety-five minutes now and poeple are already trying to slice us up again."
The girl groaned, before speaking quickly in a businesslike tone, "In case you didn't notice the heavily armored machines with the big guns... There are much bigger ones outside the trees. And THOSE, unlike the little ones in this jungle, don't want you alive. They want you a lifeless pile of ash. And I know this, because roughly half a minute ago, I had one."

The girl cleared her throat, tugging down one part of her skirt with a free hand, "Forty-five minutes? Is that how long you think you've been out? It took about three hours for them to get out here in the forest and find you, and that was an hour after waiting for the lab signal to be considered 'dead.' Anyways, all you need to know is right now, they probably want to kill me a LOT more than you. And, until a minute ago, they didn't even know I was here."

"Also, call me little again, and I will blow your mutant wings off. I didn't choose to look like this, okay?! Now, I need to figure out how to sneak past a team machines skilled in killing people with abilities while wearing these stupid girly clothes. Your choice, however, is how I stop you. You can either stop breaking everything, or I can make it so you are no longer capable of breaking anything." The wand glowed ominously. As for the girl, despite her petite appearance, she clearly didn't act the part.

Desirable Tycoon

"Okay so we need to get past more machines that want us dead," Luci interpreted easily.
There, you see? she told 667, We may get a fight anyway. Without having to take out a supposed ally.
I still don't like her, was the only reply followed by a shifting that usually meant a yawn.
Focusing back to the heart clad girl as she explained hpw time had flown back, Luci simply shrugged. "Time isn't exactly something that's meant much." Thinking she added, "Until now."
A sleepy chuckle echoed in the shared mind as 667 thought of how it was nice not to be the top priorty.
"Don't blow my wings off for something that I didn't even say! I got stuck here," she growled. For a moment her eyes flashed dangerously before she closed her eyes in thought.
"I may have an idea..."she started slowly, but there was a nervous edge to her voice.
The girl rolled her eyes back, "What sort of plan are you thinking of. Because f it involves me as a hostage, shooting or flying out, I can tell you it WILL fail."

"We've tried it before..." she quietly added under her breath. "Now, am I gonna call you something, or do you like the name Mutant? Because I don't want you calling me anything but X. If I tell you the rest of my name, it's nothing but embarassing, and I will NEVER say the name of this stupid outfit." 'X' tapped her foot impatiently.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff