Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Tycoon

So yea just jump in and don't do bullshit posts. Be as literate as possible and be creative, but most of all have fun! I'll start...

The experiment sat in her cage, legs hunched under her as she watched the doctor near her. He was her ticket out of here today whether he knew it or not. Please no. She heard the whisper in her head but pushed it back violently, focusing on putting the smile she always felt on the other’s face.
Moments later the doctor’s face invaded 667’s vision blocking any light. The lock was freed and the light invaded once more as he stepped back and returned her smile. But she wasn’t easily fooled. She could see the fascinated disgust, the eagerness to take her apart one piece at a time.
But, what neither knew was that both experiment and scientist were being watched. From a dark corner of the room, a small red lens adjusted. From far away, in the safety of a completely different facility, a rival of the doctor crouched over his screen.

He'd waited years for a slip-up like this. Oh, there had been times before, but he'd never gotten this far... never gotten so many units this deep into the lab. Already, he had at least 20 little machines, set to raise hell itself, scattered in the lab. All they waited for was one push of a button.

But it wasn't time. Oh, no. Not yet.

He knew that the experiments held their master in distaste. He knew how they tried again and again to escape... and all the failures. Those grisly, bloody failures. Oh, he remembered each one in detail. He knew what went wrong, and most importantly, he knew exactly what to do to make an escape attempt succeed. All it takes is a few clipped wires, a few broken door locks, and a convenient little leak in the knockout gas tanks...

But he had to wait. The doctor's own creations would be his undoing, oh yes. Because this wasn't just about making his rival fail... This was about REVENGE.

The man adjusted his round glasses, the glare of the screen masking his eyes from observers who didn't exist. He grinned, "Soon... Soon your failure will destroy you... just like you caused mine."

Desirable Tycoon

The expirement had to hold back her look of revulsion as the doctor's hand reached in through the bars to pat her head.
"And how's my favorite little creation?" he asked as if that was supposed to be a compliment.
She didn't bother to answer neither of them had really talked to any of the lab hands in a while. Somewhere nearby she heard the whir of a machine, probably just another security camera they had to moniter the metal cage in the emoty room. Fools. Today she would escape. And they would watch helplessly.
As the door opened and the doctor stepped back 667 crawled out and stretched silently. The rags they gave her had long since been torn in the back where her wings and tail had grown out. Caually she looked around the room as if anything had changed, her amber eyes flashing.
The glint of the red lens flashed in the corner, then vanished as a small skittering noise was heard.

Almost time...

Above the doctor, a buglike object moved silently into position. He'd never know when it struck. With any luck, the last thing the doctor would remember would be opening the cage. It was completely alien to the facility or the other tools... it certainly blended in, but it was a lot bulkier than anything familiar.

The man in glasses far away could barely wait. Once the time was right, he'd tell his sabotuer, posing as another lab aide, to cause panic. All the dominoes were in place. All they needed was for the experiment to push...

Desirable Tycoon

Now or never, she told the other one gleefully. She could feel her squirming, but 667 wasn't weak she was completely in power. The doctor turned to tell her something, but he never got the chance as she pounced and ripped open his throat in one motion.
Jogging over to the door she licked the blood from her lips, feeling the power it gave her. Yes...this must be why they never gave her proper meat. A brilliant idea occured to her and she kicked at the door with dent upon dent occuring. Finally it fell back and hit the floorand cracks spread across the linoleum like the spiderwebs that drifted past that cage sometimes.
He pressed the button as soon as she left the ground. The machines all moved as one. half the doors sealed up, and the others drifted open. a perfect path.

In another room of the facility, a lab aide's pen lit up. Moving away from the group, and into the hallway, he pulled out a small pistol and a knife. The blood packs under his coat were prepared. He slashed his labcoat as if he'd been attacked, and fired his pistol four times into the empty hall. After that, he staggered back into the lab, where everyone was on edge from the gunfire.

"They're out! They're out! RUN!" After that, he collapsed. One of the scientists screamed and ran. the rest followed, leaving the saboteur in a puddle of fake blood. After they'd left, he stood up and spat, "Selfish fools. They won't realize until it's too late that they're trapped inside..." One of the buglike robots broke through the ceiling, lowering a knotted cord. The agent pulled himself up into the maintenance shaft, before making his way to the landing pad. He had to leave before 667 did, otherwise he'd be stuck escaping by car, or worse, by foot... and the jungle outside wasn't known for safe, or straight roads.

Inside, the bug-bots had made a maze of open doors for the experiment, to help the agent get out first. Resources were already tight for the man with glasses (but not for long...) and he cared about his employees... unfortunately, having his agent picked up by one of his own... vehicles... was out of the question. Then they'd know. They couldn't know. Not yet.

Desirable Tycoon

A laugh of pure fun escaped the expirement's throat as she heard the gunshots from a far away hall. The idiots! Were they trying to scare her into a trap? She shrugged as she ran taking out anything in her path.
It was almost too easy the doors seemed to know where she was going to be, they kept opening as she was turning the corners. From down one particular hall she heard what must have been another holding station. Sounds of every type drifted forth, from squeaks to screams. But that wasn't what alerted her. None of the alarms were going off.
667 wasn't a fool she didn't think she could just walk out of here. She'd heard what happened to the ones that tried. But everytime one of them tried those blasted alarms would wake her up blaring away. That damn girl, she growled to herself. She hadn't stopped screaming since she'd killed and she hadn't noticed the strange silence.
Puting on a bit more speed she sprinted down the hallways. Maybe they were in such a panic they forgot? Unlikely. But she wasn't about to stand around and try and figure it out: her freedom was a couple hallways away.
The helicopter was ready. The agent glanced back at the open door before gunning the engine. soon the helicopter was off the ground, moving away from the pad. He almost felt bad, leaving those morally-absent people behind... but this was their fate for ruining the boss's reputation... as well as holding a bunch of experiments.

It was all up to the robots and the boss now.

Almost there, little one. Pick up the pace. The man with the glasses directed his machines to open the remaining doors, now that the helicopter was clear. Some of the security had managed to bypass his setup...

Worse, one of them had spotted one of the drones. "Tch, I suppose the jig is up..." The machine paused at his command, turning back towards the guard. "Oh, lovely, the idiot brought a gun. Can't have that..." The drone launched into the air, spiked legs stabbing through the man's skull. The other guard backed away in horror.

And then 667 turned the corner behind them.

Desirable Tycoon

(So tired of retyping this.)
Bloody. That was her first thought as she looked at the gruesome scene before her. Scowling she ran forward at the remaining man, who could only fumble with his gun before she used his head to swing around, until she heard the telltale crack of his neck breaking. Stopping to look at the thing embedded in the other man's skull, 667 watched it squirm before finally dying in the blood.
Things weren't right at all; but she was so close.Sprinting down one...two...three more hallways as fast as she possibly could, she stopped dead in her tracks. The entrance was right before her. And it was open. The door she had been brought through when she could barely speak, and it was open.
Without looking back the expirment headed straight for the forest and went as deep as she could. Stumbling she stopped at a large tree managing only to climb up before her vision started to fade and she finally blacked out.
The drone on the final door watched her break through, into the jungle. The man in the glasses grinned. "And that's the game..." He hit a key on the controls, and all the screens blacked out.

Each drone froze, and then exploded. The carbon frames dissolving to dust as the bonding agent burned away. There was no evidence they were ever there.

The light came on in the room with the man in glasses, revealing a fellow with bedraggled brown hair and green eyes in a worn labcoat. He turned to face the intruder.

"So. Did you do it?" The stranger was clad in a suit, but the face of this one was still in shadow.

"He's dead. #667 killed him. The agent has stolen a helicopter. The rest of the lab personnel are trapped inside with at least a dozen freed experiments. This should be the end of their company." The man pushed up his glasses again, grinning, "And the data was collected two days ago. We have it all now."

"Good. I'm glad to see you were a good investment."

"I'd have done it for free, but since you were willing to pay and provide the tools..." The scientist stood up, "But what of the experiment? What if there are survivors?"

"Well, for the survivors, they just had a few mistakes... as for the experiment... plenty of things get 'lost' in that jungle... Don't worry. A team of collectors has been sent out. You will have the experiment. Now, get to work on that data. We wouldn't want her to be lonely, would we?" The man laughed, leaving the scientist alone in the room.

Taking the data in hand, he glanced at the large test tubes along the wall. Oh, she won't be alone...

Desirable Tycoon

The expiriment in the tree squeaked as she came to realize just how high in the tree she was. She couldn't believe how strong that damn creature was that she could climb all the way up, weak as she was, with such a scrawny body. Luci looked down at the same scrawny body through her own eyes. She hated that she had to share with a monster. However, she'd long since managed to convince herself that she wasn't the monster, and the massacre inside only convinced her more.
A small noise from underneath the tree startled her of her mental contemplation. Below the tree was a man in all black who seemed to be looking for something. Probably her. Looking closer Luci had to suppress a gasp as she noticed a very important detail. The man seemed to have dog ears buried in a tangled mess of black hair.
The trees shook as large bulky machines rumbled through the jungle. There were ten of them in all, painted a muddy dark green.

These were not cars or trucks, but small walking tanks, each holding a single pilot and sophisticated sensors. They were here for only one thing: the experiment. These were the collectors. The scouts, on the other hand, moved about in greater numbers, clad in dark suits with sound-amplifying headgear.

One of the ones closer to the facility sent a message to the rest: no movement, continue sweeps of the area. Tight search pattern on the perimeter. Collectors are advised to maintain wide-area scan for heat signatures.

---

Back at the other lab, another scientist appeared behind the first, "The collectors are the top model of acquisition. Not to mention the scouts should be agile enough to avoid getting hurt by this experiment."

"I know of your... genetic enhancement program, Doctor Krasis, and while I know it was nowhere near the depravity of my former rival, there have been rumors..." The scientist in the glasses looked back to the newcomer.

Krasis was a young, thin woman, wearing reflective glasses, but she had a few oddities: Her hair, for one, seemed to be naturally violet, probably due to self-experimentation. That, and she constantly wore a sadistic grin.

"I can assure you, the entire process was legally completed. There were absolutely no bribed officers of the law involved in my experiments." She laughed slightly. Nothing she did made her seem any less frightening. He preferred when she'd kept herself in the shadows... like when he'd first contacted her.

"...Right... Are you sure they'll catch her?"

"It, my sleepless friend. I don't refer to targets by gender until we own them. And if this little scientific abomination manages to exit the jungle, then it will have to deal with our far more mobile forces. You've heard of the Oni, I suppose?" Doctor Krasis casually flicked her hair aside, taking a silver pen from her pocket.

"You'd use the Oni on her?" The scientist screamed at her, "Are you insane? That's like cracking walnuts with a sledgehammer! Those are military-grade mechs!"

Doctor Krasis simply smiled back, "Which is why it won't get away... Besides, YOU just took out a facility with a bunch of self-destructing espionage spiderbots."

"That was different. I need her alive."

"Then I suggest you pray the collectors get her. Otherwise, if you want her alive, you'll have to go out yourself."

"but... you..."

"Listen... The island is huge. with that facility gone, there's only two others to deal with. Encorp isn't going to touch her unless she nears the Urban test zone... and if she gets into that fake city, we might as well give up on her. It's BioStar we have to keep away. If they catch wind of this, we'll be dealing with lord knows how many organic monstrosities. As long as she keeps away from the hills, we're good. Besides, it's worse if they find out ArTech is even on this island."

"How is it worse? I thought you had this island as a joint venture..."

"No way. ArTech deals in everything these morons specialize in. You've already gotten the genetic engineering program down. All we need is to drop the biotech company, and then we use their stuff to take out the cybernetics and robotics one. Then the island is ours... and everything that comes with it."

(Felt like it was time for a nice exposition post...)
Back in the forest, one of the scouts paused, sniffing the air. Grabbing his communicator, he warned the others, "Caution. She's close to my location." He lifted one of his doglike ears up to listen for noises.

---

The Oni had already been deployed though... In the cockpit of the commanding one, a young man impatiently tapped his fingers on the console.

"Come on, come on... I can't spend all day here... I have a date to get to..." One of the other Oni pilots gave him an odd look, but he returned it with a harsh glare.

Desirable Tycoon

In the tree above the scout Luci was frantcally trying to wake up 667, to no avail. Silently giving up she tried to remember some of the test they kept putting her through to harness some of her mind's power.
Looking down she focused on the dog man who looked to be focusing on something. She'd bet anything the something was her. Holding out both arms parallel to his head she strained her thoughts. Cold...hard...smooth...BIG. At last a boulder formed and slipped straight through her arms.
The effort wasn't quite wasted though. A thud, crunch, smash, and splatter were succesively heard but the expirement couldn't bear to see what she'd done. Moving extremely slowing to a branch completely hidden among the leaves, the emancipated girl clutched her kness to her chest and rocked. Amazingly enough she had enough self-control not to hyperventilate but it was close.
She had killed a man.
Welcome to my world, 667 mumbled sleepily. She could feel a shifting in her mind as her mind's roomate tried to move closer to control, but she was till too weak. Looks like your gonna have fight on your own for once. Sucks for you. She sounded completely unsympathetic and a moment later, her consiousness faded back out as she went to rest.
Blacks spots flitted aross the Luci's eyes and she only then relized it had taken a lot out of her to create the rock. Slowly her eyes drooped as she leaned against the tree, thinking of the giant heartbeat that filled the whole forest with a resounding boom.
The scout's signal vanished across the Collector and Oni sensors.

The young man in the Oni was the first to jump into action, "I thought they said the scouts were too agile for her! Collectors! Get to where that scout is! Close in from all sides!"

The forest clamored as the collectors crushed their way through the foliage. The scouts made a ring as the machines moved past.

The young man in the Oni mech growled in displeasure. Oh, he'd show this little brat a thing or two... Even if he was on break. ArTech wasn't the nicest people (understatement,) but you just didn't kill people like that. Especially unarmed ones like the scouts...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff