Welcome to Gaia! ::

Militant Loverboy

I. QUID

Yeah, this is probably one of the weirdest requests you're gonna find on here. xD I'd like to write collaboratively (or roleplay) with someone in Latin. Yes, that dead language the Romans and all the other cool kids spoke. No, it doesn't have to be set in ancient Rome. SOUNDS LIKE FUN, HUH.

II. CUR

I'm a classics major looking at grad school, so I want to refine my language skills. And also I just ********' love Latin. There's no better way to learn a language than to use it. :3 I don't really care what the plot of it is, whether it's historical or modern (though historical will be much easier to translate, so that might be preferable), whether it's romance, action, supernatural, or none of the above --- whatever. So long as it's in Latin. I expect pretty short turns from each of us, because composition takes a long ******** time. xD

III. QUIS

I'd like you to have taken at least three-four years of Latin -- enough that you've covered all the grammar, if not mastered it all. I will screw up my subjunctive, I promise you. But that's a-okay. I want to do this to learn better Latin and I very much want you to correct me and, if you're not unwilling, for me to correct you. I might ask you to translate some dummy sentences into Latin, just to make sure we're on the same page as far as language skills go, and you can certainly ask the same of me. Sorry if I say you're not at the level required yet; c'est la vie.

IV. SIC

Nope, pretty simple request. Drop a post here, PM me, whatever. Oh, I do have preferences, of course --- I tend to write male characters, I enjoy male slash but I'm cool with het (or no romance at all) --- but since the focus here isn't so much on the characters, I'm willing to adjust any of those. Just lemme know!

Militant Loverboy

Dis post is for me.

Militant Loverboy

Militant Loverboy

Ahh s**t. I would love to do something like this. I've been teaching myself latin for the last two hours but am not nearly good enough to write.
Hopefully this thread will still be up when I am better.

Militant Loverboy

Spike Salad
Ahh s**t. I would love to do something like this. I've been teaching myself latin for the last two hours but am not nearly good enough to write.
Hopefully this thread will still be up when I am better.

Thanks for the interest! =D I always find it impressive when people teach themselves... I don't think I'd have the discipline to learn Latin on my own. Best of luck with it --- keep up the hard work. ^__^
Ohh dear.. I meant two years.
But yes anyway, best of luck with finding a partner.
Though personally I think you'll have better luck in other forums/websites

Militant Loverboy

Spike Salad
Ohh dear.. I meant two years.
But yes anyway, best of luck with finding a partner.
Though personally I think you'll have better luck in other forums/websites

Lol, I read that as two years. .__. I had to go back and look for your typo after this post.

Yeah, I've posted on a couple other websites as well, though I have already found two interested people on Gaia who might work out. Haven't heard from one of them in awhile, though. Do you have any particular suggestions for places?

Militant Loverboy

Militant Loverboy

Sparkly Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Kupkakez Says...//~

Wow, this sounds super interesting! I would love to do this but I don't know NEARLY enough Latin. I popped in and out of Latin classes in high school because the teacher was nice enough to let me stay in his class for a few lessons. I wish you the best of luck in finding someone to do this with! <3

Militant Loverboy

ii_kupkakez_ii
Kupkakez Says...//~

Wow, this sounds super interesting! I would love to do this but I don't know NEARLY enough Latin. I popped in and out of Latin classes in high school because the teacher was nice enough to let me stay in his class for a few lessons. I wish you the best of luck in finding someone to do this with! <3

Latin teachers are the best, huh? ^__^ Glad you got to see a few lessons and hopefully you'll have a chance for more in the future.

And thanks!

Sparkly Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Kupkakez Says...//~

Thank you! And yes, hopefully so once I finish my Spanish and Korean lessons. I have started on Japanese and I can't speak it as well but I can understand and read it. At least that's a start though, I think! I got into Latin from listening to Lacrimosa (Requiem), believe it or not. Strange, hm? lol

Militant Loverboy

ii_kupkakez_ii
Kupkakez Says...//~

Thank you! And yes, hopefully so once I finish my Spanish and Korean lessons. I have started on Japanese and I can't speak it as well but I can understand and read it. At least that's a start though, I think! I got into Latin from listening to Lacrimosa (Requiem), believe it or not. Strange, hm? lol

Ahh, Korean. I tried to teach myself some but without a native speaker working with me, I felt like I wasn't accurately representing any of the sounds. =/ Japanese, on the other hand, was the opposite for me --- I found speaking it very easy, but I couldn't read kanji for the life of me. If that language was wholly oral, I'd be set haha. xD

I'm currently working on French, German, and Polish, informally. Greek and Latin formally, of course. xP I got into Latin by accident... We had to do a report on something in eighth grade and I happened to have been looking up linguistic charts and I found this language that English/French/Spanish/etc. originated from --- lo and behold, I decided to research Latin and its etymological function in modern languages.

Militant Loverboy

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces