Welcome to Gaia! ::

smores or hotdogs?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on September 21, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

We are in a forest; moss and vines hang from the trees; it is mid-evening and the sun is slowly creeping down the horizon.
I am cooking a hotdog and a baked potato on a fire that I have built up. There are logs and to sit on around the fire.
so?
What's going in here? Is this one of those everybody-adds on stories...?
Alchemists_Angel
so?
What's going in here? Is this one of those everybody-adds on stories...?

sure is...go ahead and add whatever you would like.

Please join me by the fire. There are marshmellows, hotdogs and potatoes over by that oak tree if you'd like a little food.
Heather leans back against a tree, outside of the fire's circle, with a smirk on her face. She watches the pink-haired girl cook and the smirk widens.

What an idiotic girl.

Heather flips her hair, noticing with satisfaction that no less then 3 boys heads turned at this motion. Walking over to the campfire, a slight sway in her steps, she puts on a face of helplessness.

"Oh, that fire is so hot," she says. "I'm afraid to go near it."

She waits for the boys she know will jump up to offer their services. Which they do. She casts a wicked smile to the pink-haired girl.
Lily fears Heather, but doesn't let the evil smile deter her cooking. She pulls her hotdog off of the stick and eats it, drooling a little. She gets a weird vibe from Heather; knows she is faking just for the attention. But that's okay - she isn't here for the men.

The sun sinks further, and Lily wonders how soon it will be dark. She puts her hands out towards the fire to warm them. Somewhere in the distance she hears a howl.
Heather narrows her eyes, just a bit, as Lily ignores her.

She'd show her.

Heather hears the distant howl and looks wildly around, eyes round and frightend now. She reaches for the dark-haired boy beside her, who wraps his arm around her waist. She nestles into the crook he has made for her and eats her hotdog peacefully.

Time passes. Hours for all she knows. Soon the boys are bored, and want to explore. Her dark-haired boy abandons his place beside her and goes off with some others into the woods. She is left with few others, Lily being one of them. She hears the shouts and laughter of the boys in the woods, but ignores it and instead, starts to stare at Lily, trying to fathom this strange girl.
((I think this belongs in Baron Town, since role playing is pretty much the same thing as telling a story like this one.))
Lily fondles the hem of her skirt, thinking, planning. She listens as the boys run in woods, jeering and shouting and laughing. The leaves rustle under their feet and she hears every crack and crumble.
She looks up and finds Heather gazing at her. She pauses, calculating. Lily pulls the laces of her shoes to untie them, pulls them off - along with her socks - and stands up bare footed.
"In the times of the ancients," She begins, "We all walked with bare feet." She smiles hesitantly at Heather. "I'd like to get to know you. I'd like to stop this silence. Where have you traveled from?"
brownbear_101
((I think this belongs in Baron Town, since role playing is pretty much the same thing as telling a story like this one.))

((And yet....all the other post in this section, the "Collaborative works," section, seem to be the same basic idea....funny....))
Heather blinks, very much taken aback.

"P-pardon?" She asks in wonder. "I've come from the same town you have, you dolt. You sat behind me on the ride out here."

What in the hell was this girl talking about?

Heather goes to turn away, but doesn't quite do it. Instead she meets Lily's eyes. She can't pull her eyes away from them now. So deep, so...different from any other eyes she'd looked into before.

She slips off her sandels.
Lily curls her toes nervously into the soil in front of the fire - its warmth is strange to her; she expects the cold deeper in and finds none. The dirt sticks under her toe nails and she enjoys the grit of it there.

She hears the boys laughs and wants to run to them but knows what is happening now is important. She allows herself to gaze into Heathers eyes, wanting her to see...

She reaches her hands out. Her skirt rustles in the breeze. The few others around them sit quietly, watching with bewilderment.
If Heather could break the gaze, she would probably be freaked out by what was happening and incredibly concerned with what it would do to her "image."

As it happened, however, she could not. She just shuffled forward a bit, not even worried about the dirt on her feet, or the smoke from the fire. Heather lets her hands slip into Lilys' and she smiles a bit. They are warm to her ice cold hands.

This was a feeling unlike any other. It shot through her body from her fingertips to the tips of her toes. She smiles. She laughed. For the first time since as long as she could remember, she laughed from her heart.

Who was this girl?
As Heather and Lily grabbed hands, the charcoal oulines of the trees fell in on them. The black sky, the stars, the earth seemed to be swallowed by their hands. They were suddenly transported through the forest, over a vast expanse of grasses and shrubs, to a small river with a gorgeous waterfall. As quickly as everything had begun moving, it had stopped. In stillness they stood, the river gurgling and popping; the forest was still visible from this place - the trees standing as tall as they ever had been - the vast prarie only a small opening between the river and the forest.

Lily smiled, entrigued by Heather's willingness to follow her. Their eyes were still locked.
Heather's head spun. Suddenly the noise of the camp fire was gone. The boys shouts could no longer be heard. She couldn't feel the stares of her fellow classmates.

Her eyes were still locked in place with Lily's, but she was also able to see her surroundings. Or, sense, more than see.

Still feeling as though their eyes were somehow connected by some unseen force, she takes ahold of Lily's hand, and pulls her towards the waterfall and jumps under it.

She laughs out loud again as she feels the water splashing down on her, soaking her to the skin.

It was a good feeling.
Lily was surprised by Heather's sudden take-charge attitude. Ten minutes before, the campfire had not been warm enough, the surroundings not beautiful enough for her; now she was jumping into a waterfall. There was something about this girl, something that was so intriguing in the way that she tried to hide behind good looks and society's view of the "innocent" and "helpless" female. But it was more than that - something much more integral to Heather that Lily was feeling herself drawn to.

The water splashed down Lily's skin, soaking her pink hair straight, dripping. Her clothes clung to her skin as the chilled moonlit waters rushed over and fought with every inch of her body as she tried to keep standing.

Her hand was still clutched in Heather's.

As the water fell around them both, Lily's eyes found Heather's once more. They stood, water pushing on their backs, their shoulders, hand in hand, eyes searching eyes. For a moment the stars, the moon, the earth...it was all for them - they were alone in the universe.

Lily felt a bit of tension between herself and Heather, smiled, and pulled Heather down into the pool in front of the waterfall, hoping Heather would remember to breathe before they entered the deep pool.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff