Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Warlord

13,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Exxii_Chem
DSCH

I always feel like there's something in Stravinsky I'm missing. The works of his that I'm most familiar with are the Firebird Suite, Rite of Spring, Symphony of Psalms (and 'Fireworks', I suppose), but the only one of those that really holds interest for me is Psalms.
What else should I look out for?

-
As for my favourite composer, it should be fairly obvious from my username XD

I get what you mean, there is a little something lacking, but I find a lot of his compositional ideas cool. My dad who, I swear, owns just about every recording of a piece of classical music ever. Anyway, I told him about how I want to play the three pieces for clarinet for a senior recital next year and he gives me this CD. I listened to the pieces for clarinet, and then I saw there were more clarinet pieces. I listened to them and it was bizarre--It was a soprano singing and a clarinet. It was weird at first, but I like the idea. It's unique. Also, I need to listen to more Shostakovitch, but I've sight read a clarinet solo version of his Polka From The Golden Age and it was rather fun.

Which pieces were those? Sounds interesting!
One of my favourite clarinet pieces is Lutoslawski's Dance Preludes. Most fun things to play ever - maybe you'd like them too? smile

I have a recording of The Golden Age, but haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. Should get on that...

Blessed Sex Symbol

DSCH
Exxii_Chem
DSCH

I always feel like there's something in Stravinsky I'm missing. The works of his that I'm most familiar with are the Firebird Suite, Rite of Spring, Symphony of Psalms (and 'Fireworks', I suppose), but the only one of those that really holds interest for me is Psalms.
What else should I look out for?

-
As for my favourite composer, it should be fairly obvious from my username XD

I get what you mean, there is a little something lacking, but I find a lot of his compositional ideas cool. My dad who, I swear, owns just about every recording of a piece of classical music ever. Anyway, I told him about how I want to play the three pieces for clarinet for a senior recital next year and he gives me this CD. I listened to the pieces for clarinet, and then I saw there were more clarinet pieces. I listened to them and it was bizarre--It was a soprano singing and a clarinet. It was weird at first, but I like the idea. It's unique. Also, I need to listen to more Shostakovitch, but I've sight read a clarinet solo version of his Polka From The Golden Age and it was rather fun.

Which pieces were those? Sounds interesting!
One of my favourite clarinet pieces is Lutoslawski's Dance Preludes. Most fun things to play ever - maybe you'd like them too? smile

I have a recording of The Golden Age, but haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. Should get on that...

As far as I've seen, they're simply called "Three Pieces for Clarinet". They're unaccompanied and pretty cool. Oooh! I quite like the Lutoslawski Dace Preludes. I have recordings of them by Sharon Kam and they're something that are on my list to play in my life.

Desirable Sex Symbol

Most absolutely Rachmaninoff, for his pieces are some of the most complex masterpieces ever.
And Liszt too. Both master the art of composition.
Camel Ehsex
Most absolutely Rachmaninoff, for his pieces are some of the most complex masterpieces ever.
And Liszt too. Both master the art of composition.

Seconded smile I mainly listen to their pieces for solo piano (I'm a pianist) but I much prefer listening to Rachmaninoff than Liszt. Although, if I'm in a mood to have my jaw hit the floor...

Hilarious Genius

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Gustav Holst! I love his pieces "Jupiter" and "Mars". I was so ecstatic when I realized that some of the pieces are played on Super Mario Galaxy! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games