Welcome to Gaia! ::

Finnyous
Anyone ever heard some good Rockmoninof* (can't spell) he's got some awesome choral pieces.

Rachmaninoff?
I've heard of him... but I can't recall any pieces sad
Quote:
mm.. i'd say Mozart.. i haven't heard much tho.. got hold of the Marriage of Figaro today!! w00t thanks to edhellos hmm.. is this including Baroque? i love baroque, esp. Bach & Vivaldi [[2 part inventions/fuges/toccatas by BACH ]] and then the [[ Four Seasons by VIVALDI ]].. wat is chopin?

Hey! Good for you! Did you like it?

Chopin is romantic, I believe...
edhellos
Chopin is romantic, I believe...
yes he is
You've got the right ideas going to me with the Classical here, guys. Personally my music tastes seem to fall into the categories of Beethoven, Bach, and Mozart. And, to the thread starter....even if Moonlight Sonata is so overplayed, I'm with you on that; I love Moonlight Sonata. Beethoven's 6th is also good...I'm with you there too. I'm a dire fan of Fur Elise as well...and then, I'd have to say I also completely adore his most popular piece aside Fur Elise and Moonlight Sonata...and that is, Beethoven's 5th.

Beethoven's 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th are also good music to any Classical lover's ears.

While Classical is all good, there are some newer ones these days that I'd have to say hold as much merit to the old as it does the new. Composers like John Williams make it happen.

The theme for Dragonheart and Jurassic Park seem to come to mind. Music is lovely in all forms, and I do love the old classical moreso than the new style.

Then, Nobuo Uematsu's work is fairly spectacular too...If only I spelled his name right. I hope I did. whee

Space Werewolf

edhellos
Finnyous
Anyone ever heard some good Rockmoninof* (can't spell) he's got some awesome choral pieces.

Rachmaninoff?
I've heard of him... but I can't recall any pieces sad

He wrote mostly for piano.
http://www.classical.net/music/comp.lst/rachmaninoff.html
Yoodie
I love Beethoven´s 6th Symphony! And the "Moonlight Sonata", of course! wink

I can play Moonlight sonata on the piano! I'ts a lovely Sonata! I usually don't listen to classical, but I listen to opera and I love Pucinni!

Melodious Member

18,065 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I'll have to choose Beethoven as my favourite Classical composer. I love all his symphonies, especially the "Eroica" Symphony and Symphony No.7. His piano sonatas are also amazing, such as the "Moonlight Sonata" and the "Appassionata" sonata.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff