Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Seeker

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Poem of Ecstasy
Prometheus - The Poem of Fire and The Poem of Ecstasy, both by Alexander Scriabin. Nothing compares to them, in my opinion. They are two of the most unique and original compositions I have ever heard.

Very nice! I especially like the Poem of Fire. Both of them had a really mysterious feeling to them. Especially the Poem of Ecstasy. I could never predict what was coming up next in that one.

Blessed Seeker

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
FrostedReverie
As unoriginal as this may seem, Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor.

haha nice. I just randomly heard that one on the radio for my first time this morning. It is definetly fantastic. mrgreen
Elgar Cello Concerto, Op 85 in E Minor. Fantastic piece, and I loved playing it. heart

Bashful Sophomore

I only listened to this once what seems like a life time ago and I fell in love with it immediately. Now it's some years later, and I'm posting it here. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79UfWizjGiQ
Rêverie - Claude Debussy

Oh, and the all-famous Nocturne Opus 9 number two.
There are so many amazing nocturne compilations I have in a book that probably wouldn't turn up any results on Google, so I wouldn't be able to list them.
Verdi's Macbeth is my current addiction.

Here is the tenor aria, and I honestly love it in Placido's voice.
Night on Bald Mountain mrgreen

5,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
pachelbel canon in d
and everything by Mozart.

Ruthless Bloodsucker

15,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Probably Shostakovich's fifth symphony. I tend to like stuff I've played before because I understand it more thoroughly (knowing other people's parts inside-out, having conductors explain contexts and bits of interest).

5,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
One of my favorites is Debussy's La Mer. It's a very relaxing piece. I also like Wagner;s Ride of the Valkyries. It's like Star Wars meets Lord of the Rings lol
Youth and Love from Ralph Vaughan Williams song cycle, Songs of Travel.

Lonely Businesswoman

Moonlight Gaian

4,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
I'm not sure if this counts as classical music, but I sincerely love

The Seal Lullaby composed by Eric Whitacre.

It's so haunting and beautiful. I just can't get enough of it.

I also like Johann Sebastian Bach's "Suite for Solo Cello No. 1 in G Major: I. Prelude".
Hmm. Arvo Pärt - Fratres

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Someone already beat me to Toccata and Fugue in D minor, so I'll go with another Bach piece.

Although I do love Brahms Symphony #3 as well, but that's more along the lines of the Romantic era, as well as anything Chopin and Tchaikovsky..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff