Welcome to Gaia! ::

Miserere - Allegri

I have searched for this song for weeks and weeks after hearing it once on the radio.

I've finally found it!

Thought I'd share this exquisite masterpiece with you all...

Can't stop replaying it over and over again. heart

-Presses replay again-

Ahhhhhh heart

-AND again-
josquin has a better setting

That is very beautiful, I agree.
The harmonies were very well written, and the voices of the choir blended so well.

I'm not sure it's my favorite, but I do like it.

Blessed Seeker

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
mrgreen I agree! That was really pretty!

If you like choral pieces, I also recommend giving this a listen to.

"Spem in Alium" by Thomas Talis"
Moron Feldman

Thank you for that, I truly enjoyed listening to the vid you posted. -Presses replay-
Lord Sreder

Ahhh that was gorgeous to listen to.

Although I found it a little cluttered to be put into my favourites..

Thank you very much for sharing that with me.
Master_of_Jello
That is very beautiful, I agree.
The harmonies were very well written, and the voices of the choir blended so well.

I'm not sure it's my favorite, but I do like it.

Yes! Beautiful harmonies don't you think? The voices all complement each other very well. Sometimes with choirs, you have odd voices poking out too harshly above others.

Blessed Seeker

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Coco Rocher
Lord Sreder

Ahhh that was gorgeous to listen to.

Although I found it a little cluttered to be put into my favourites..

Thank you very much for sharing that with me.

You're quite welcome. It's understandable that you may consider it cluttered since this is considered one of the largest vocal pieces out there. It's also rarely performed. sweatdrop
I actually have that particular piece in my profile right now!

Renaissance music is just beautiful. I actually got into it from a piece called "With All Of Our Heart" from Thomas Tallis. It was up for free on Amazon a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, it's not on YouTube, but there is a version of it set to different words, it sounds slightly different.

O Sacrum Convivium is also great.

Kawaii Carnivore

Lord Sreder

Ahhhhhh so nice.... I think that Talis tends to be forgotten...Well maybe in my music school.Since our new director was selected (Bruno Montovani,a composer,maybe you heard about him?) the accent is put on modern and experimental music ...but ,oh well,it s nice too!
By the way ,I see that you re a fellow pianist,lol...If you played it ,could you tell me what you think about Liszt 9th Rhapsody ? I really love it and i always try to put in concerts programs and competitions but nobody seems to know it (the teachers are even like ' how rare,you re not playing the 6 th or the 2nd like everybody else!')...but I think it s a really beautiful piece.

Blessed Seeker

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
nanaith
Lord Sreder

Ahhhhhh so nice.... I think that Talis tends to be forgotten...Well maybe in my music school.Since our new director was selected (Bruno Montovani,a composer,maybe you heard about him?) the accent is put on modern and experimental music ...but ,oh well,it s nice too!
By the way ,I see that you re a fellow pianist,lol...If you played it ,could you tell me what you think about Liszt 9th Rhapsody ? I really love it and i always try to put in concerts programs and competitions but nobody seems to know it (the teachers are even like ' how rare,you re not playing the 6 th or the 2nd like everybody else!')...but I think it s a really beautiful piece.

I agree he is definitely forgotten. Even in my school. Though I think here that's because he is a renaissance composer and that only students who ever even touch renaissance music are vocalists these days..

I'm ashamed to say that I'm not familiar with his 9th Rhapsody. Is there a recording on the internet that you could refer me to? And again, I do not know Bruno Montovani. Though, I'm not at all familiar with and current composers. (except for people like John Stump and George Crumb)

But it's great to meet another pianist! May I ask which school you attend?

Shadowy Entrepreneur

6,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Oooh, that was gorgeous. Thank you for sharing!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff