Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
Hey guys,

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone here have recommendations for a good recording of Scriabin's opus 11 preludes for piano? The pianists played it at my university a couple semesters ago (in conjunction with the Chopin Op. 28 preludes) and I have decided I would really not mind owning a recording. But, Scriabin isn't as popular, so I haven't been able to locate recordings by my usual favorite pianists. Does anyone know of the gem among the rough or just the recording I didn't locate in my initial search?

Thanks so much! heart

Blessed Seeker

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Well with my perusing on youtube, I saw Horowitz, who is always a go to for any piano piece. Have you checked any of his recordings out yet? I also saw Yuja Wang on there, (probably my favorite Asian pianist) and I saw a at least one recording of one of Scriabin's Preludes by Rahcmaninoff. That was interesting.

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
Lord Sreder
Well with my perusing on youtube, I saw Horowitz, who is always a go to for any piano piece. Have you checked any of his recordings out yet? I also saw Yuja Wang on there, (probably my favorite Asian pianist) and I saw a at least one recording of one of Scriabin's Preludes by Rahcmaninoff. That was interesting.
Nice! I must have missed those. Yeah, you're right now that I think about it that Yuja Wang has put out a pretty solid number of Scriabin pieces in the past - although I'm not sure if she's done the whole set. I'll still check it out, though! Thanks ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff