Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
So I have an audition on Wednesday, November 30th and I need to know my concert B flat blues scale and be able to improvise on it. One problem...I don't know my concert B flat blues scale and no one knows/will help me out! I am auditioning on the flute but will be playing the alto saxophone in the actual band. So what are the notes in this scale (on flute and alto sax)? I think its...
Flute: B flat, D flat, E flat, E natural, F natural, A flat, B flat
Sax: ? I have it written down somewhere but I just want to make sure.
If someone could help me, that would be great! Thanks!

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
seena10
So I have an audition on Wednesday, November 30th and I need to know my concert B flat blues scale and be able to improvise on it. One problem...I don't know my concert B flat blues scale and no one knows/will help me out! I am auditioning on the flute but will be playing the alto saxophone in the actual band. So what are the notes in this scale (on flute and alto sax)? I think its...
Okay, well what kind of saxophone do you have? If alto sax, you're an Eb instrument, so you'll need to transpose that Concert C flute scale down 3 semitones.

So.. if it's Bb, Db, Eb, E, F, Ab, then Bb again.. I'm assuming it would be...

G natural, B flat, C natural, D flat, D natural, F natural, G natural.

Try it out smile Transpose everything down 3 semitones. I only play flute, so I've never had to transpose to any other instruments before!

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
Mango Turd
seena10
Okay, well what kind of saxophone do you have? If alto sax, you're an Eb instrument, so you'll need to transpose that Concert C flute scale down 3 semitones.

So.. if it's Bb, Db, Eb, E, F, Ab, then Bb again.. I'm assuming it would be...

G natural, B flat, C natural, D flat, D natural, F natural, G natural.

Try it out smile Transpose everything down 3 semitones. I only play flute, so I've never had to transpose to any other instruments before!

Thanks! Yea I asked my friend who plays alto sax and then I transposed it up three half steps. It turns out that it was B flat, D flat, E flat, E natural, F natural, A flat, B flat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff