Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi everyone! I just completed a really spooky version of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata that I'm super proud of. It would mean so much to me if you check it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks so much!
Matt

Newbie Noob

9,750 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
it's pretty good man but idk if the drums fit into the spookiness smile but other than that I love it smile thumbs up blaugh
henryjoo
it's pretty good man but idk if the drums fit into the spookiness smile but other than that I love it smile thumbs up blaugh

Thanks for watching! I'm glad you liked (most of) it.

I've got something BIG planned for my next video, so don't forget to check back occasionally!

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I'm not sure if "spooky" is the right word for it... I would describe it more as haunting. But it's great. I also checked out your other videos. They're amazing, great covers.
aanight
I'm not sure if "spooky" is the right word for it... I would describe it more as haunting. But it's great. I also checked out your other videos. They're amazing, great covers.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked them. I have something VERY special coming up next, so make sure you subscribe if you don't want to miss it!
IT'S NOT A SONG!
PanDah K
IT'S NOT A SONG!

While you are technically correct that it is a movement of a piece, and not a song, you must keep in mind that language is an ever evolving thing. Definitions are not written in stone, and are often changed over time through popular use. You can fight it, but it's akin to trying to hold a fist full of water, and an effective communicator must adapt to popular language. Ergo, song instead of movement, cover instead of arrangement, etc. But let's not get hung up on semantics.

Thanks for listening! smile

-Matt
Matt Haag
PanDah K
IT'S NOT A SONG!

While you are technically correct that it is a movement of a piece, and not a song, you must keep in mind that language is an ever evolving thing. Definitions are not written in stone, and are often changed over time through popular use. You can fight it, but it's akin to trying to hold a fist full of water, and an effective communicator must adapt to popular language. Ergo, song instead of movement, cover instead of arrangement, etc. But let's not get hung up on semantics.

Thanks for listening! smile

-Matt

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Musical terms are absolute! You would not call a symphony an opera. You would not call gregorian chant a piano quartet. And you do not call classical music songs, unless it is Lieder, arias, or any other form of art songs as they are named songs. But everything else are pieces, works, or compositions by composers. Movements are movements, arrangements are arrangements. Calling them by anything else is disrespectful referring them to lesser valued popular music of todays dying generation of music. I urge you to be a little more respectful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff