Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Gekko

Here's me playing Rachmaninoff's "Bells of Moscow" at my school's talent show back in April.
There's some mistakes, but I hope you can overlook them.
My hands got tired near the end and I'm not very accustomed to playing in front of a crowd. :S
Anyways... Enjoy? sweatdrop

Blessed Seeker

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Good going. I enjoyed it. How long have you been playing? The most important thing when performing is to be able to plow through your mistakes which you managed to do so Great job!

(I would appreciate it if you you also give my playing a listen to as well. Here is a video I posted a few months back of me playing Liszt's "Liebestraume". So if you would so kind as to listen to it tell me what you think. 3nodding )

Ruthless Gekko

Lord Sreder
Good going. I enjoyed it. How long have you been playing? The most important thing when performing is to be able to plow through your mistakes which you managed to do so Great job!

(I would appreciate it if you you also give my playing a listen to as well. Here is a video I posted a few months back of me playing Liszt's "Liebestraume". So if you would so kind as to listen to it tell me what you think. 3nodding )
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Q40S4XDVE&feature=player_embedded

Thank you! I started playing when I was 9; took lessons for 4 years then. I still play as a hobby, though. 3nodding

I've seen the name of this song before but I've never really heard it until now! xD
Anyways, that was a solid performance. It flowed very well. 3nodding

I see that you are going for your Bachelor's degree in piano. How long have you been playing?

Blessed Seeker

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Petite Elli
Lord Sreder

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Q40S4XDVE&feature=player_embedded

Thank you! I started playing when I was 9; took lessons for 4 years then. I still play as a hobby, though. 3nodding

I've seen the name of this song before but I've never really heard it until now! xD
Anyways, that was a solid performance. It flowed very well. 3nodding

I see that you are going for your Bachelor's degree in piano. How long have you been playing?

mrgreen Why thank you. I was pretty happy with that performance at the time.

Being able to play Rachmaninoff's C# minor prelude with just 4 years of lessons under your belt is not too shabby. Do you like Rachmaninoff's compositions? (currently he is my favorite composer)

And yes I am indeed going for my bachelors degree. I don't remember how old I was when my parents started making me learn how to play the piano, but I've probably been playing the piano for around 12 years now or so.

Ruthless Gekko

Lord Sreder
mrgreen Why thank you. I was pretty happy with that performance at the time.

Being able to play Rachmaninoff's C# minor prelude with just 4 years of lessons under your belt is not too shabby. Do you like Rachmaninoff's compositions? (currently he is my favorite composer)

And yes I am indeed going for my bachelors degree. I don't remember how old I was when my parents started making me learn how to play the piano, but I've probably been playing the piano for around 12 years now or so.

smile

I actually don't know many of Rachmaninoff's compositions but I think I've heard another three of them. I just don't know the names! xD

I see. I'm 17 now so it's 8 years that I've been playing. 3nodding
Did you like playing piano at first? Or did you develop a passion for it later on?

Blessed Seeker

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Petite Elli

smile

I actually don't know many of Rachmaninoff's compositions but I think I've heard another three of them. I just don't know the names! xD

I see. I'm 17 now so it's 8 years that I've been playing. 3nodding
Did you like playing piano at first? Or did you develop a passion for it later on?

I absolutely despised it. I can't tell you how many times I practically begged my parents to let me quit learning it. But they said it would be good for me to learn to play an instrument and help me develop a good character so they never let me stop. (Although they did say that when I finished all of the lesson books for the piano then I could switch to a new instrument. But when that time came I didn't want to learn a new instrument all over again so I just stuck with the piano. sweatdrop )

It actually wasn't until high school that I started to like the piano, and My decision to study music in college was actually a passing thought that I told my parents I "might" want to do it.
How about your music experience? Did you always like the piano?

biggrin You should check out this piece by Rachmaninoff. It's spectacular!

Ruthless Gekko

Lord Sreder
I absolutely despised it. I can't tell you how many times I practically begged my parents to let me quit learning it. But they said it would be good for me to learn to play an instrument and help me develop a good character so they never let me stop. (Although they did say that when I finished all of the lesson books for the piano then I could switch to a new instrument. But when that time came I didn't want to learn a new instrument all over again so I just stuck with the piano. sweatdrop )

It actually wasn't until high school that I started to like the piano, and My decision to study music in college was actually a passing thought that I told my parents I "might" want to do it.
How about your music experience? Did you always like the piano?

biggrin You should check out this piece by Rachmaninoff. It's spectacular!
]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFMNhx2-VDE

LOL. Many kids can relate. 3nodding

I see. Perhaps in the future you can compose some pieces yourself!

I first started playing piano because I wanted to learn Fur Elise. I eventually learned it after 2 years of playing but it was sloppy in a few parts; I never really took time to "master" it because I was young and didn't care much for that; I was only glad to know the piece. xD
I was a fast learner through sight-reading, but that was really only fueled by my competitive spirit (which I thought was passion at the time); I only wanted to be better than the other kids my teacher taught. razz
Eventually the more difficult pieces frustrated me because they took longer to learn and I had little patience with practicing.
I stopped taking lessons when I moved to another town, and I never took up lessons from a new teacher, either. I'm naturally lazy so I don't play piano so much anymore, and for now it just remains a hobby. sweatdrop
/endrambling

Oh yes, I am familiar with that piece through Valentina's videos. She is one epic pianist! I think of her as one of the best out there.

Blessed Seeker

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Petite Elli

LOL. Many kids can relate. 3nodding

I see. Perhaps in the future you can compose some pieces yourself!

I first started playing piano because I wanted to learn Fur Elise. I eventually learned it after 2 years of playing but it was sloppy in a few parts; I never really took time to "master" it because I was young and didn't care much for that; I was only glad to know the piece. xD
I was a fast learner through sight-reading, but that was really only fueled by my competitive spirit (which I thought was passion at the time); I only wanted to be better than the other kids my teacher taught. razz
Eventually the more difficult pieces frustrated me because they took longer to learn and I had little patience with practicing.
I stopped taking lessons when I moved to another town, and I never took up lessons from a new teacher, either. I'm naturally lazy so I don't play piano so much anymore, and for now it just remains a hobby. sweatdrop
/endrambling

Oh yes, I am familiar with that piece through Valentina's videos. She is one epic pianist! I think of her as one of the best out there.

sweatdrop Hahaha... Maybe. I don't think I have the creativity for music to be able to compose. Like with that Etude, it completely blows my mind that some individual actually managed to come up with that piece and put it together. I think I may forever be just playing other people's works. (not that I'm complaining about it or anything. I still greatly enjoy it blaugh )

Hahaha it does sounds like you were definitely quite the competitive girl. I know some people that liked playing and instrument and then when they stopped taking lessons they stopped playing it all together so I'm happy to hear that you're still playing it as a hobby so keep it up!
(Though I'm still a huge supporter of people taking lessons so hopefully one day you'll get back into them whee )

I completely agree with you, She is a fantastic pianist! Her, Yundi Lee, Yuja Wang, and a couple other people who's names are very hard for me to remember, are my favorite piano performers. 3nodding

Ruthless Gekko

Lord Sreder
sweatdrop Hahaha... Maybe. I don't think I have the creativity for music to be able to compose. Like with that Etude, it completely blows my mind that some individual actually managed to come up with that piece and put it together. I think I may forever be just playing other people's works. (not that I'm complaining about it or anything. I still greatly enjoy it blaugh )

Hahaha it does sounds like you were definitely quite the competitive girl. I know some people that liked playing and instrument and then when they stopped taking lessons they stopped playing it all together so I'm happy to hear that you're still playing it as a hobby so keep it up!
(Though I'm still a huge supporter of people taking lessons so hopefully one day you'll get back into them whee )

I completely agree with you, She is a fantastic pianist! Her, Yundi Lee, Yuja Wang, and a couple other people who's names are very hard for me to remember, are my favorite piano performers. 3nodding

Every time I listen to someone's music, I want to write my own. It's hard and takes a lot of inspiration, but hopefully something will come out. XD
It's certainly fun to share your interpretation of a piece with others. My mom watched other YouTubers play Rachmaninoff's C#-Minor Prelude and said I played it wrong, even though there's no such thing as a wrong interpretation! Leave the piano-playing to the pianists, Mom! scream

Indeed. Rushing through the easy pieces prevented me from enjoying piano once I struggled playing the more-difficult pieces (patience is certainly a virtue!) I think it's always good to make use of an ability (such as reading music); so of course I could never actually stop playing piano all-together! I do believe that playing on my own accord has made me enjoy piano-playing than when I took lessons, so I don't think I'll be taking lessons again any time soon. sweatdrop

3nodding

Blessed Seeker

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Petite Elli

Every time I listen to someone's music, I want to write my own. It's hard and takes a lot of inspiration, but hopefully something will come out. XD
It's certainly fun to share your interpretation of a piece with others. My mom watched other YouTubers play Rachmaninoff's C#-Minor Prelude and said I played it wrong, even though there's no such thing as a wrong interpretation! Leave the piano-playing to the pianists, Mom! scream

Indeed. Rushing through the easy pieces prevented me from enjoying piano once I struggled playing the more-difficult pieces (patience is certainly a virtue!) I think it's always good to make use of an ability (such as reading music); so of course I could never actually stop playing piano all-together! I do believe that playing on my own accord has made me enjoy piano-playing than when I took lessons, so I don't think I'll be taking lessons again any time soon. sweatdrop

3nodding

question So have you tried composing anything yet? Though I don't think I ever will, I haven't really stopped writing down snippets of melodies that I conjure up in my head in case in the future I get inspiration to make something out of them.
Hahaha that certainly is true, there generally isn't a wrong way to play something, though there are sloppy ways of playing stuff, and there are more appropriate ways of playing stuff. 3nodding

So were you learning classical music when you were taking lessons?
Though taking lessons will definitely improve you to be a better pianist, as long as you keep at it I certainly can't complain. mrgreen

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Since when is the prelude in C# minor called the bells of moscow? Entirely new nickname to me x_x

You did a nice job, especially considering how long you've been studying. Alas, my hands are just a little too small to get a firm handle on that piece.

Blessed Seeker

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
AkaTsuki-chan
Since when is the prelude in C# minor called the bells of moscow? Entirely new nickname to me x_x

You did a nice job, especially considering how long you've been studying. Alas, my hands are just a little too small to get a firm handle on that piece.

Just for for in interesting bit of information, It actually has more than one nickname. The Bells of Moscow is the most common name of it in America.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff