Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

How much did you enjoy the Introduction et Allegro? (Listen to it below)

It was lovely! 0.25 25.0% [ 3 ]
I love it so much! 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 4 ]
SO MUCH...THAT I DIED A LITTLE 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 1 ]
SO MUCH...THAT I DIED 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
SO MUCH...THAT I DIED AND WAS REBORN AGAIN TO BECOME A RAVEL FAN 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 2 ]
I didn't like it that much 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I HATE IT AND WILL BANISH MYSELF FROM THIS GROUP 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 12 ]

Hello Everyone~ ^o^

I recently did a lecture on Maurice Ravel for my senior year project and I have to say he is my favorite composer! I just wanted to know if there's anyone out there who is a Ravel fangirl/boy like me! cat_xp cat_xd

I've always been obsessed with Ravel's Introduction et Allegro for harp, string quartet, oboe, and flute! (Above is a recording of the Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields Chamber Ensemble playing it) Being a pianist, I've listened to it at least 800,906,789,896,544,290,762 times, but I've also played the duet version.(IT IS SO.....BEAUTIFUL cat_crying cat_crying cat_crying )

Comment back if you'd like to learn more about Ravel and his music, or have any knowledge about Ravel that you would like to share with me cat_3nodding cat_smile cat_biggrin

Love,

Keys heart ^_^
Ravel's a ******** beast. I just played Oiseaux tristes at a student recital and the crowd genuinely responded to it (a rare occurrence at a classical concert). My friend also did Jeux d’eau beautifully. I'm mostly a jazz pianist though, and seeing his influence on players like Bill Evans is astounding once you actually play some for himself. I also have a minor obsession with Bolero, which I first got into when I was really into minimalism so I guess I have that to thank for my Ravel introduction.
I FREAKING LOVE RAVEL. I'm a cellist, and his String Quartet is just....I can't even use words to describe it. It's haunting. And Tzigane is fantastic. If I had to choose a favorite composer, Ravel is my No.1
luke_pharrell
Ravel's a ******** beast. I just played Oiseaux tristes at a student recital and the crowd genuinely responded to it (a rare occurrence at a classical concert). My friend also did Jeux d’eau beautifully. I'm mostly a jazz pianist though, and seeing his influence on players like Bill Evans is astounding once you actually play some for himself. I also have a minor obsession with Bolero, which I first got into when I was really into minimalism so I guess I have that to thank for my Ravel introduction.

That's so cool! I also play jazz and Latin jazz actually, but I'm primarily a classical pianist. And I am also completely inspired by the fact that he had so much influence on jazz musicians. His music is truly the most beautiful and is quite jaw-dropping in my opinion.
under_the_sunlight
I FREAKING LOVE RAVEL. I'm a cellist, and his String Quartet is just....I can't even use words to describe it. It's haunting. And Tzigane is fantastic. If I had to choose a favorite composer, Ravel is my No.1

YES I am in love with his string quartet especially the first two movements. You should really listen to the Introduction et Allegro I posted in this forum. It is inspiring and I cry every time I listen to it.
Maurice Ravel is the best. I am simply in love with his Piano Concerto in G major! The opening piccolo solo is perfection <3
HappyFlute
Maurice Ravel is the best. I am simply in love with his Piano Concerto in G major! The opening piccolo solo is perfection <3

His piano concerto is so beautiful! You should try listening to his piano solo "Gaspard de la Nuit." I'm playing it right now and it's so beautiful, but extremely challenging. I love it so much <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff