Rate Joe Hisashi

0 0.0% [ 0 ]
☆☆ 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
☆☆☆ 0.15384615384615 15.4% [ 6 ]
☆☆☆☆ 0.051282051282051 5.1% [ 2 ]
☆☆☆☆☆ 0.79487179487179 79.5% [ 31 ]
Total Votes:[ 39 ]

the sexy guy says:

Who else thinks his works are absolutely enthralling?

----------------------------------------

If you don't know who he is, he's a japanese composer and pianist (not sure if he plays anything else besides piano).
Alot of his famous works are displayed in almost all of the Studio Ghibli films such as Spirited Away, Howl's, and Ponyo.
His orchestral songs can also be found in many Japanese movies.

----------------------------------------

My favorite works by him are:
Two of Us
Merry-go-round of Life
Laputa Castle in the Sky Main Theme (I actually still don't know its actual title)
Summer
Spring
Asia Dream Song
I enjoy his works also, one of my all time favorite composers, he's one of the reasons i wanted to learn how to play to piano. My favorite pieces are:
Howl's Moving Castle Theme (Because an accordion is in it)
The Name of Life
I think my favorite is "The Wind Forest" from Totoro. I got my boyfriend to transcribe it, and now we're working on it as a cello/piano duet. It'll be really cool if we ever get it down, but the cello part is really, really difficult, though he knows his piano part already xDD
i love one summer's day, sixth stop, and castle in the sky theme *sigh* i wish i was a kid again
MIYAZAKI MOVIES ******** YEAHHH
I LOVE THIS MUSIC <3

Invisible Friend

6,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
heart heart heart heart

7,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
He wrote the most beautiful song I've ever heard in a movie... did anyone see Departures? The theme from that, called Memory. I cried when I first heard it, and that was when he became my favorite contemporary composer.

Other favorites:
Howl's Moving Castle Theme
The Rain
Reprise (Spirited Away)
The Sixth Station
Summer Road

He is one of the reasons that I began to write music. When I heard the theme to Naussica for the first time, I could not stop listening to it. Soon I started to transcribe it by ear on the piano. Then I started playing with finale on my mom's computer trying to write it down . Because of that, I started learning how to transcribe what I heard in my head, thus bridging the gap between what I was creating in my head and getting it down on paper since I didn't know anything about music dictation and getting it out accurately by hand at the time. He is one of my all time favorite movie composers and I love all of his music that I've heard.

The Committee Staff Member

What a surprise to see this. I've heard some of his stuff, but I really enjoyed this one a lot:

Beloved Flatterer

My absolute favourite composer. <3
I grew up watching Ghibli movies, thus growing up to his compositions. I could practically sense one of his compositions from the first few notes. If you watch him live, he plays with such passion and emotion which I love so much. My favourite pieces would be :
-The Sixth Station
-Merry-Go-Round of Life
-One Summer's Day
-Summer
-Nostalgia
-Path of the Wind
This man, is truly amazing.

Beloved Browser

I love that man!
I cry listening to him play the piano xD
yum_strawberry yum_strawberry yum_puddi yum_tea

Oh, his work brings me to absolute tears! All of Miyazaki's movies are heart wrenching and wonderfully domestic (well, for the latter, only some) and you can just tell what a difference his pieces make to the scene, almost the same effect that Miyazaki's beautiful sceneries do. I could cry to Spirited Away's soundtrack for days on end, no matter how many times I've seen it.

yum_tea yum_strawberry yum_puddi yum_tea
I LOVE his music heart heart heart heart
ahhhhhhhhhh!!! his music = beautiful whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out