Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gawker

So I just recently pulled out a CD of mine by the Jazz Pianist Hiromi- it's absolutly gorgeous, I'm sorry it took me so long to listen to it.

Can Gaian's recommend some good jazz pianists I might want to listen to? I already have an *slightly* unhealthy love affair with Gershwin (The Piano Rolls is one of my favorite CD's), so contemporary and "classic" would be lovely!
I have a thing for the 'build mode' piano music on The Sims.

Gawker

Vizal

Thank you!
Mizukodomo14
Vizal

Thank you!

You're very welcome! I'm actually listening to it right now. There are six build mode pieces, literally named (depending on who you download from) build1, build2, build3, etc. The only difference in the other downloads that you may come across are that it will say build mode1 instead of just "build1".
Did you find it?

Also, Norah Jones has some pretty good piano skills and an amazing voice to go with it.
In addition, there is also the album 'Keys Vol.1' by Raimund Rahner. It's not Jazz per say, but it's still some nice piano music.
Lastly, no matter what anyone says, Yanni has always worked for me.
bill evans, hampton hawes, oscar peterson, phineas newborn jr., alexander von schlippenbach, mccoy tyner, herbie nichols, cecil taylor, duke ellington, jutta hipp, vince guaraldi, elmo hope, al haig, ahmad jamal, brad mehldau, eddie higgins
Michel Petrucciani

His my favorite Jazz pianist! Though he had a genetic disease that causes his bones doesn't grow, he could become an excellent pianist. He gave his first professional concert at the age of 13.
Yeah, Michel Petrucciani! He's totally mind-blowing. Also, Keith Jarret is a must. Kenny Barron, another must. Also, although she's not a pianist, Esperanza Spalding is a great jazz musician, and she has a really great voice!
I highly suggest Cole Porter
Yes, Nora Jones is the best one i can think of.

Ursine Comrade

Art Tatum kicked a** at stride. pirate Wait, scratch that, he kicked a** at piano in general.

Super Junior

thelonious monk

Gawker

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I'm sorry I didn't thank sooner!

5,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mizukodomo14
So I just recently pulled out a CD of mine by the Jazz Pianist Hiromi- it's absolutly gorgeous, I'm sorry it took me so long to listen to it.

Can Gaian's recommend some good jazz pianists I might want to listen to? I already have an *slightly* unhealthy love affair with Gershwin (The Piano Rolls is one of my favorite CD's), so contemporary and "classic" would be lovely!

Hm.. Listen To "In A Sentimental Mood" By Duke Ellington And John Coltrane. The Piano[Ellington] And Saxophone [Coltrane] Make The Song So Sweet And A Perfect Love Song..

OG Gekko

9,575 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Party Animal 100
Chick Corea - spain - u-
I like his piano duet with hiromi
I don't knownif Raphael Gualazzi and All That Jazz counts but yeah, amazing piano playing

( I like All That Jazz's Ghibli Jazz most xD )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff