Welcome to Gaia! ::

link me to what you guys feel are some really good jazz songs!!!

Fashionable Consumer

Billie Holiday, Bessie Smith, Ella Fitzgerald, Helen Kane. I Know More But Not The Top Of My Head Though
Vivika Spark
Billie Holiday, Bessie Smith, Ella Fitzgerald, Helen Kane. I Know More But Not The Top Of My Head Though

thank youu exclaim

Mythical Nymph

8,950 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
I've been exploring some jazz myself.... I don't care too much for the older stuff, but Gretchen Parlato is AMAZING! Two songs I'd reccomend are the live versions of butterfly and all that I can say . Diana Krall has a new song out called California Dreamin' I also enjoy. Last, nothing gets me going like a song that sparks my imagination, so theres an artist by the name of Stacy Kent, and her song the summer we crossed europe in the rain does exactly that.

Enjoy!

~Aria

Fashionable Consumer

No Problem smile

Cyerena's Husband

Dapper Ladykiller

11,000 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Novice Healer 150
Miles Davis, Freddie Hubbard, Charlie Parker, Charles Mingus (Moanin' specifically, love that damn song), Avishai Cohen (Nu Nu), Count Basie, The Seatbelts, and a whole bunch more that I can't think of.
If you want a good sample of jazz, start a "Tank" channel on Pandora by the Seatbelts. It should give you a good amount of Bebop (as they did the music for the anime Cowboy Bebop) as well as blues, since Pandora likes to do that type of thing.

Cheers.

Heart Explorer

Wes Montgomery is the jazz guitar overlord. Incredible Jazz Guitar, So Much Guitar, Boss Guitar, if you can excuse the names, you can't really go wrong with any of those albums. Groove Yard by him and his brothers is also quite good.

OG Gekko

9,575 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Party Animal 100
Sneaky Shiki

How could you forget Coltrane, Bill Evans, or Chet Baker o mg

Friendly Regular

6,625 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
Kaori Kobayashi ====> FAVORITE ARTIST!

Songs: Walk in the night, Airflow, Dawn Ivory, Sunny, Sunset ocean, Chillin in Manhattan, Glow, I love your smile.

Jazeboo:

Songs: Acapulco, Mandala, Havana Moon, Cassiopeia, Summer rain

Yuji Yoriyama:

Dancin in the park

Ramsey Lewis:

Spring High

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers