Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yay or Nay?

YES 0.9 90.0% [ 18 ]
NO 0.1 10.0% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 20 ]

How many fans of Schubert's music do we have here? Do you love his dark romanticism? Do you prefer his lighter works? Are you more a fan of opera than art songs? Speak your mind!

Personally, I prefer Shubert's art songs over most any classical music. It might be considered "entry level" music to some, but songs like Der Wanderer (D. 493) and Ständchen (D. 957) are some of the most beautiful music you can find.

I also love his darker works. The Winterreise cycle is my absolute favorite work in classical music ever. It is also my goal to one day perform the entirety of it in some venue.

So what are your thoughts on one of the most prolific composers of all time?

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
Hah! What kind of question even is that? Who doesn't love Schubert? He's really the best of both worlds - straightforward and unimposing, but yet innovative and emotional.

I am also super obsessed with Winterreise - I'm working on "Der Lindenbaum" now, but my life goal is to learn the whole cycle... eventually. It might take a while, but it is such a beautiful piece that I just can't let it go.

I will say that I definitely view Schubert's strengths as his Lieder and chamber music. I like some of his piano works, but they don't blow me away quite as much as, say, Schumann or Brahms. But at the same time, I also feel as if Schubert was the greatest tragedy to classical music - I feel like if he had lived as long as Brahms, his output would have changed the course of history in profound ways. The fact that he managed to make such a dent with such a tragically short life is itself a miracle, I think.

Newbie Gaian

1,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
I'm a big fan of Schubert's music! My favorite composition is Fantasy in F minor. I would like to play this piece of music. As a matter of fact Schubert had a brilliant sense of melody and sense of mood.

Liberal Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
HI mrgreen

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
He is by all means my most favourite composer. Serenade is my all time favourite song. I first heard it on Milo & Otis when I was little. I would always rewind the tape to hear the song. I adored it for years. It took me so many years to figure out what the song was. It's my to-go song when I'm tired/stressed/lonely/sad/bored. I probably listen to it daily lol.

Frozen Bard

18,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Team Carl 200
  • Team Devin 200
This is for my recital

Frozen Bard

18,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Team Carl 200
  • Team Devin 200
Operadaisuki26
This is for my recital, it is still under construction and needs citations

Franz Schubert(1797-182 cool was an Austrian composer whose output of lieder amounts to over 600 . It is no exaggeration to state that Schubert’s works were the basis of 19th-century German lieder and that without Schubert’s influence, the lieder created Schumann, Brahms, Liszt, Loewe and Wolf would not have been possible. Schubert’s repertoire explored the possibilities of form and style and present an assortment of musical characterizations and moods. Not only the voice, but the piano also is challenged into action, becoming another character, the mood or even the psyche of the vocal line. As Brahms wrote “There is not a song of Schubert’s from which one cannot learn something”
©棟方杏奈

Commander in Chief

Operadaisuki26
Operadaisuki26
This is for my recital, it is still under construction and needs citations

Franz Schubert(1797-182 cool was an Austrian composer whose output of lieder amounts to over 600 . It is no exaggeration to state that Schubert’s works were the basis of 19th-century German lieder and that without Schubert’s influence, the lieder created Schumann, Brahms, Liszt, Loewe and Wolf would not have been possible. Schubert’s repertoire explored the possibilities of form and style and present an assortment of musical characterizations and moods. Not only the voice, but the piano also is challenged into action, becoming another character, the mood or even the psyche of the vocal line. As Brahms wrote “There is not a song of Schubert’s from which one cannot learn something”
©棟方杏奈
Did you know that if everyone in the world sneezed at the same time, it would create a force of pressure so large it could knock over the Great Pyramid at Giza? Please don't sneeze the pyramid away - no! It's a fact though! Ok bye bye!
He was a fairly brilliant composer, bringing a lot to the table in such a short amount of time. He was on similar level to Mozart in that he hardly had drafts of his compositions and he pretty much would compose in his head ( and he improvised a lot and ended up writing his impromptus down)! I love his symphonies and have taken to his string quartets. I'm liking his trios too; they definitely push some musical boundaries and he just modulates between very different keys effortlessly. To say the least Schubert is growing on me lol! He has a very similar style to Beethoven; almost romantic, not quite classical, but something really amazing.
His String Quintet in C Major is my favorite. Its 2nd movement (adagio) is what I would consider heaven music

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff