Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Friend

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
What are some of your favorite classical pieces whether they be piano sonatas, string quartets, symphonies, choral works, band pieces or whatever?

Oh My Boo's Wife

Sir Fatcat

21,665 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
☙ ☙☙ ❦❧ ☾♝☽ ❦❧ ☙☙ ☙
I play the piano so I have a bunch of favorites.
Under Liszt, I love his La Campanella and Libestraume no.3.
Under Chopin, I love his Étude Op. 10 no.3 and Nocturne Op. 9 no. 2.
Under Mozart I love his Rondo Alla Turca and his Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (all 4 movements).
Under V. Monti I love his Csárdás.
Under Tchaikovsky I love almost all the songs in his ballets (Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, Nutcracker -- I had a good childhood).
Under Scott Joplin I love his Maple Leaf Rag, Harmony Club Waltz, and of course the Entertainer.

It just so happens that I have my music books right beside me so I just picked my faves. blaugh
Pachelbel's Canon, I guess? biggrin

Anxious Bookworm

I've loved Faure's Pavane ever since playing it in orchestra years ago, and Chopin's Grande Valse Brilliante is one of my favourite piano pieces (been trying to learn it for years, but it's difficult) smile
Beethoven Symphony No. 3 "Eroica"

Wild Bard

Pachelbel's Canon, for sure! <3

And forgive me if I'm listing things that aren't technically right, I dropped out of my music class before I actually learned anything. So if it's played on my local classical radio station, I lump it into classical. :s
Anyway, I also adore In the Hall of the Mountain King and Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu.
Chopin's Nocturne op. 9 no. 2, Asturias for classical guitar (I forget the composer), Mozart's Requiem in dm, Tchaikovsky's Waltz of flowers, Haydn's Surprise Symphony, Beethoven's Mondschein Sonata (especially the third movement).

Benevolent Bard

10,650 Points
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians. There's nothing quite like it.
Anything put out by mythical records. I really like new contemporary classical stuff. This is a great compilation to wet your toes,

Mythical Records - Odyssey of Rapture vol. 2

Greedy Capitalist

laylarose06
What are some of your favorite classical pieces whether they be piano sonatas, string quartets, symphonies, choral works, band pieces or whatever?

Begräbnisgesang by Brahams (not classical though) but haunting.

Gaian

I love Mozart's piano concerto 21 allegro maestoso heart
brahams piano concerto #2, i got it as my ringtone (I wish)jah luv
gaia_gaiagold concerto in F by gorgeous george gershwin
It depends on the day, but currently in between Air in G Major piano transcription from Bach's "Orchestra Suite in D Major," and Nimrod piano transcription from Edward Elgar's the "Enigma Variations."

Mythical Nymph

8,950 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
Theres a group that creates orchestral pieces for major movie productions called Two Steps From Hell. If you have not listened to them I TOTALLY recommend it!

Aside from that:
Andre Bocelli (feat. Sarah Brightman) - Time to say goodbye
Bach - Tocata & Fugue in D minor
Thomas Tallis: Spem in Alium & Sancte Deus
Moonlight Sonata (Derp, we all do probably)
Lakm'e, Act I: Flower Duet

Bonus: Theres a band by the name of Gregorian that did a cover with Bon Harris (Nitzer Ebb) of O Fortuna.... and yes, O Fortuna is my favorite of any piece out there.

Those are just a few in my collection. Anything by Beethoven is usually available in my playlist as well.

Enjoy!

~Aria

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas