Blessed Seeker

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Mintcubes
Lord Sreder
Mintcubes
I really love Valentina Lisitsa's Rachmaninoff and Chopin interpretations. I've been listening to her etudes ever since.

I definitely agree with you! 3nodding she plays Chopin's Etudes phenomenally! I just need to find more videos of her playing more pieces from Rachmaninoff. I think I'v found like 3 so far.

Hm, how about Rachmaninoff's Little Red Riding Hood? emotion_dowant

Yep that was one of the ones I'v already seen. In fact I even posted it in on of my earlier posts on this topic page.

Fatcat

Lord Sreder
Mintcubes
Lord Sreder
Mintcubes
I really love Valentina Lisitsa's Rachmaninoff and Chopin interpretations. I've been listening to her etudes ever since.

I definitely agree with you! 3nodding she plays Chopin's Etudes phenomenally! I just need to find more videos of her playing more pieces from Rachmaninoff. I think I'v found like 3 so far.

Yep that was one of the ones I'v already seen. In fact I even posted it in on of my earlier posts on this topic page.

Oops, didn't see that. lol

Blessed Seeker

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Mintcubes
Lord Sreder
Mintcubes
Lord Sreder
Mintcubes

Oops, didn't see that. lol

Haha don't worry about it. It most certainly would have been an amazing suggestion if I hadn't have seen it yet. 3nodding

Fatcat

Lord Sreder

Hey, hey, how about this? I forgot to tell you about it. It's superb! emotion_dowant

Blessed Seeker

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Mintcubes
Lord Sreder

Hey, hey, how about this? I forgot to tell you about it. It's superb! emotion_dowant

mrgreen Actually I have seen this one as well/ But I completely agree with you! It is fantastic! It is really interesting how it keeps changing and almost sounds like its a completely different piece.

Fatcat

Lord Sreder
Mintcubes
Lord Sreder

mrgreen Actually I have seen this one as well/ But I completely agree with you! It is fantastic! It is really interesting how it keeps changing and almost sounds like its a completely different piece.

I know right. Liszt is such a badass.

Blessed Seeker

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Mintcubes

Absolutely! Have you heard any of his transcendental etudes? they are freaking amazing! Just in case you haven't, here is one of my favorites;

Fatcat

Lord Sreder
Mintcubes

Absolutely! Have you heard any of his transcendental etudes? they are freaking amazing! Just in case you haven't, here is one of my favorites;

Well, some.. I haven't heard all of them yet except for this and 10. This one is also my favorite. 8D

Blessed Seeker

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Mintcubes
Lord Sreder
Mintcubes

Well, some.. I haven't heard all of them yet except for this and 10. This one is also my favorite. 8D

3nodding They are definitely fantastic. I hope to one day play this piece. (given another 10 years of practice anyways...)

Fatcat

Lord Sreder
Mintcubes
Lord Sreder
Mintcubes

3nodding They are definitely fantastic. I hope to one day play this piece. (given another 10 years of practice anyways...)

Yup, I guess we're on the same boat. Whenever I practice a new piece, I stop halfway then start another piece again. I better change that habit of mine. classified_fu

Blessed Seeker

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Mintcubes
Lord Sreder
Mintcubes
Lord Sreder
Mintcubes

Yup, I guess we're on the same boat. Whenever I practice a new piece, I stop halfway then start another piece again. I better change that habit of mine. classified_fu

Crap. I do that too. Generally I get the first page down pretty quickly. Then I move onto the second page and I lose some motivation and it takes longer to get down. ><

Fatcat

Lord Sreder
Mintcubes
Lord Sreder
Mintcubes
Lord Sreder
Mintcubes

Crap. I do that too. Generally I get the first page down pretty quickly. Then I move onto the second page and I lose some motivation and it takes longer to get down. ><

I know what you mean. emotion_facepalm

Eloquent Streaker

Haven't heard enough of Chopin beyond his "Funeral March" to draw an opinion on him, but Tchaikovsky holds a special place in my heart, if only because of BioShock (there's a sequence involving blowing enemies away to "Waltz of the Flowers" ).

Granted, I hated The Nutcracker when I saw it, but a few of the songs are favorites of mine. Not to mention you can't go wrong with the "1812 Overture" with black powder cannons in the background- I joke around that if I ever join an orchestra, my instrument will be the howitzer.
Chopin is like God to me. To create "technical pieces" and compose them in a way that they'd stand out as songs in their own right. Chopin's a genius with incorporating his own soul into his melodies. He didn't create the nocturne manner of compositions, but he revolutionized it. He pioneered the Legato/Rubato style of playing. His Andante Spianato & Grand Polonaise Brilliante, I'm performing soon. I could listen to this piece for days. The 2nd movement to his 1st Sonata, Op $ is so soothing. Around 1:43, I get the chills when he deploys poly-rhythm .
<BR><BR>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pKAo7a3mwB8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<BR><BR>
Though, at the end of the day, I could never compare Chopin with Tchaikovsky. Their styles and reasons for composing are too different. Tchaikovsky composed for Orchestra's, whereas Chopin's main focus was solo piano.

Proxy Risk-Taker

13,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
Chopin is amazing. Just... amazing. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers