Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Gaian

1,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
What do you think about the pieces of music of a splendid French composer, C. Saint-Saens?

I love Saint-Saëns especially his Danse Macabre and 3rd Symphony that is fab from start to finish and Carnival of Animals.  heart

Newbie Gaian

1,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Nobody? cry
I'm not as familiar with his music as I should be. I love Carnival of the Animals, of course, and Danse Macabre is a given, but besides those two I can't recall any. I should familiarize myself with his works.

I will say, though, that I much prefer the voice-and-piano "Danse Macabre" above all others, even though it's rarely performed. Though I fail at singing it. Mainly because of dat French diction. Rapid fire.

Frozen Bard

18,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Team Carl 200
  • Team Devin 200
I want to play his violn works!
But I don't have a teacher to coach me crying
His works are beautiful, no matter the medium! I'm most familiar with his opera Samson et Dalila, so that's all I can fully speak for. I've studied several of his other pieces, but opera is my favorite. If you get an opportunity, listen to Mon coeur from that opera. Every note just flows perfectly into the next, there is an ebb and flow as the song develops, then the resolution...gah. Perfect. Would love to have had the opportunity to meet an artist like him.

</end gushing rant>
Hi.
I like Saint-Saens music as it is well written and charming,although i know there is a certain amount of scepticism about his music from fellow composers,as the famous quote attributed to him by Berlioz stated "He knows everything but lacks inexperience!" Lol.

I have a great affection for the 5 Piano Concerto's especially no's 3 and 5 which are very attractive,the slow movement of no 3 is lovely.

Ricc.
The cello concerto has yet to be mentioned! It's one of the staples of the cello repertoire. It's a spectacle to watch as well as listen to, the theme is captivating and the whole piece is so virtuosic and complex. Wonderful writing.
I've played some of his cello works and am very familiar with his third Symphony(it's been years since I first played The Swan from carnival of Animals, and his cello concerto in A minor is sort of considered a beginner concerto so I ended up skipping it a while back). After researching him a little, I really want to get more into him. He was considered more of a prodigy than Mozart by some scholars actually and he is one of the BIG French Romantics.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff