30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
sharaxpie
You're going to leave too Nymph? emotion_facepalm

What's up with people leaving? //Slowly watches friends on Gaia leave

No, I'm not.

I said I was quitting being a lurker. Duh.

Angelic Elder

19,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Nymph of Spring

I bet no one would be sad if I left... emotion_facepalm

I would! emotion_kirakira

Lord Balfour's Waifu

Glitch

Nymph of Spring
emotion_0A0 emotion_hug aw nymms thats not troooo ;;
The zothaq
Im still a boy
The zothaq

Uh no.
They stopped caring about this game because they weren't getting profit from zOMG.

Trust me newbie I have been around the block

Have you actually talked with any of the mods? The sales from the power ups keeps the servers running. Costs money to run servers. Plus if they didn't care wouldn't the game be taken off the site and all the zomgers would eventually or least some transfer over to hoc since it has all the devs.

And please zo you don't even play anymore.
zOMG was going to close before DMS came out but we fought hard to keep it around.
I was at the dev meat with JK when he informed us of him leaving.
I was here when DMS came out and they still weren't getting profits from it.

Ya servers do cost money but they are losing money for keeping zOMG.

Actually, zOMG was making profit in the beginning... Gaia just wasn't getting the uber mass profit it expected after the major launches. Gaia failed to understand the dynamics behind the market in this kind of game and sorely underestimated the time and nurturing that it would need before they would be able to reap the profits it wanted. As a result, Gaia started to back peddle, and, instead of putting forth more resources, it started to take them away, which further enhanced the game's inevitable decline in profit. Had they continued to advertise and develop the game the way it should have been, the profit they were looking for would have come in time. Gaia's back peddling and failure to listen to the advise of those who knew better is actually the main reason why certain employed peoples chose to leave Gaia (before Gaia started redirecting and straight-up laying off members of the zOMG team).

As for its status today, I don't really know. It's been a long time since I've updated myself on it and I'm not really too inclined to do it now. Last time I did, though, I learned that Gaia was still earning a profit from zOMG. Not a lot, just enough to make it worth keeping. The Boardwalk was actually an effort made by the remaining devs to try and convince Gaia that zOMG deserved more resources, but it was too little too late; too many users have stopped playing by then and nothing was being done in terms of marketing to bring new players back in.

So yeah, Gaia has abandoned zOMG, but it won't completely pull the plug on it (yet) because it's earning just enough for Gaia to want to keep zOMG's now very small player base happy. And yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Gaia's dwindling profits from zOMG has now progressed into a loss. I guess I just don't care anymore, lol. I've stopped playing a while back, after everyone I enjoyed playing with stopped playing.

Apocalyptic Scrooge

8,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
zOMG is dying out unfortunately...i pretty much stopped playing.. none my friends really play anymore

Fellow Earthling's Significant Otter

Shy Raider

12,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Noble Shade 100
My zOMG! won't quit lagging I've honestly never had this problem before its been going on for months now so I can barely ever play :C

/and yeah ohmygod REVIVES AT 60k ain't nobody got time for that

Draconian Witch

50,275 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Winged 100
  • Dragon Master 50
I think some folks simply tire of of the drama on gaia, others get tired of waiting hours for a dms crew to form only to have someone bail two rooms in, and perhaps some have oodles of lust kills and are simply bored. Each person likely has their own reasons.

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
cassildasdragon
I think some folks simply tire of of the drama on gaia, others get tired of waiting hours for a dms crew to form only to have someone bail two rooms in, and perhaps some have oodles of lust kills and are simply bored. Each person likely has their own reasons.

I fall into the waiting and waiting for crews.. Which is why I usually end up making my own, and try and crew as many friends as I can.. that way, if someone does bail, I can rage at them at it well after the fact.

emotion_awesome

Eloquent Exhibitionist

Nymph of Spring

I would too crying

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quick Reply

Submit