Welcome to Gaia! ::

I include atheism in this. Atheist marrying Christian. Christian marrying Muslim. Would you be against it, or do you value other qualities over this?

Familiar Poster

Tried it one time. (wasn't intentional) She did not like me being Atheist.

Sexy Turtle

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I dont believe in any Marriages.User Image
I'd like to think I'm marrying the person, not the religion.
zaptar13

but it was her with the problem. did you have a problem with her not being atheist?

Diamond Regular

I'm Christian and my hubby is Agnostic. Hasn't really put any dents in our relationship.

Familiar Poster

mcdiabesity
zaptar13

but it was her with the problem. did you have a problem with her not being atheist?
I couldn't care less.

King Cutie-Pie

x
            I don't really follow any religion so I guess I wouldn't care too much. I'd at least give dating a try.
            Marriage would depend on how much it would affect my own lifestyle (if they made me go to church or participate certain practices, etc.)

I'd prefer to date someone who's more lax about their religious views if they have any. Like someone who is Catholic but doesn't bother going to church for example.

Diamond Regular

Stahlherz
MiyuMikaelson
I'm Christian and my hubby is Agnostic. Hasn't really put any dents in our relationship.

You're an agnostic, too, so I wouldn't see the problem, either.

Oh, I guess I've been mistaken my entire life being raised in the church and all.

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Battle: Defender 100
I'm an Atheist, and my girlfriend is a Christian. We're accepting of each other and it's a complete non-issue in our relationship.

Diamond Regular

Stahlherz
No, you've been mistaken about what an agnostic is. There's agnostic theism and agnostic atheism. Unless you know with certainty that your god exists and you can demonstrate this, you're an agnostic. You believe in a god.

Then going by your definition, I suppose. Though I believe in my religion-specific God, and not just a higher being.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff