Welcome to Gaia! ::

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Doctrix

No one else seems to have an issue with it besides the one you mentioned.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."
Doctrix

None at all. The only benefit of the new thread (if any) would be to counter vwytche's claim that the old FAQ is not valid or useful because it was not written by a Wiccan and has been abandoned by the OP.

"Paleontologists aren't dinosaurs but they certainly research fossils." Hutton is not a Wiccan, but he is one of the leading authorities on facts about it. So, that argument is really void.

Questionable Shapeshifter

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Doctrix
vwytche
I would still stay wawy from the FAQ thread. Everything I said about it is correct. It was not written by a Wicca. It is full of her own ideas. And it has become such a battleground that any conversation there is pretty difficult. Beside wich, the OP left Gaia to get a life years ago, so you can't really get any answers there.
vwytche
It wasn't authored by a Wicca, but rather a biased cowan and is full of her erroneous ideas of what Wicca is. All it will get it you is confused, and if you post on it, probably attacked.

Are you suggesting that an active Gaian Wiccan like myself or any others wandering around should make a new version of that Wicca FAQ thread, or would it be a pointless rehash of materials with which you don't agree? What say the rest of you M&R ladies, gentlemen and trolls?

Hey, I don't agree w/ Christianity either, but you don't see me going into thost threads making an issue of it. That fact that I do not agree with much of BTW is hardly a point of concern here. What I feel is the important part is, the current FAQ is not so much about Wicca, or BTW, as it is about bashing the eclectics. The OP there is not about what BTW is, so much as it is about why other varieties of Wicca are not Wicca at all. Unless you feel that the main important point that should be stressed to those with questions is that they not "misuse the sacred word of the BTW" than I could only imagne you would agree, that for that reason alone, a thread that actually attempts to educate, rather than serve as an arsanel in the witch war would be an excellant addition to the forum.

A plus right up front would be someone available to actually answer questions, as opposed to querants being advised to go and try to make sense out an epic length flame war that's been droning on for five years. Another plus would be that, from what I have observed from you, you're not going to be inclined to confuse people further with this idiocy of pretending the eclectics don't exsist, and speaking to them as if their interest is in BTW, when it is clearly something else. You're also not so interested in stroking you're own ego that you're going to throw a flaming fit if you are disagreed with. In short, I think a new thread, modded by a level headed and mature individual is just what we need.

Now, here's the down side. It's been tried before. Must be about a year back now that, on the request of one of her students, a Third degree initiate and seated elder w/ the New Wiccan church attempted just such an undertaking. Didn't last a week. If memory serves, it took all of three days for her to be so badly spammed with stupidity from the CGZs that she just gave up and left Gaia altogether. And leading the pak was a first level, initiated all of three weeks at the time, just chomping at the bit to tell this more experienced and learned person just how wrong she was about everything. Her crime? She didn't stigmatize eclectics. I can probably dig up a link to the thread if you're curious.

Personally, I think a new thread is great idea, but I hesitate to encourage it, b/c I think I would just be setting you up to set yourself up for a big load of BS. Odds are the CGZs would still recomend the old one as opposed to yours, b/c their motive is not education, but rather pushing their opinion in order to feed their own egos. Any such thread would probably draw them like flies, but if you think you can handle it in such a way as to avoid the effort being so much wasted time dur o the opposition, go for it. You do have the advatage of knowing how Gaia is, so maybe not being blindsided like the last person was will make the difference.

If you do it, I wish you the best of luck.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
deadmanjay
Doctrix

None at all. The only benefit of the new thread (if any) would be to counter vwytche's claim that the old FAQ is not valid or useful because it was not written by a Wiccan and has been abandoned by the OP.

"Paleontologists aren't dinosaurs but they certainly research fossils." Hutton is not a Wiccan, but he is one of the leading authorities on facts about it. So, that argument is really void.

Dinosaurs don't have a lot of BIG secrets that only dinosaurs can know due to oathes of silence.

Hutton, not being Wiccan, can NOT possably be one of the leading authorities on it, by your own logic. Either no one knows anything about Wicca but initiates, or the info is available for outsiders to become an authority on. You don't get to hop over the fence to validate a source you feel agrees with you, than hop back over and use that same reason to attempt to invalidate a source that disagrees with you.

Both analogies rejected due to phail.

Blessed Friend

vwytche
I think a new thread, modded by a level headed and mature individual is just what we need.

Not to accuse you of being level-headed lol but, have you considered starting a Wicca FAQ thread of your own?

vwytche
It's been tried before. Must be about a year back now that, on the request of one of her students, a Third degree initiate and seated elder w/ the New Wiccan church attempted just such an undertaking. Didn't last a week. If memory serves, it took all of three days for her to be so badly spammed with stupidity from the CGZs that she just gave up and left Gaia altogether. And leading the pak was a first level, initiated all of three weeks at the time, just chomping at the bit to tell this more experienced and learned person just how wrong she was about everything. Her crime? She didn't stigmatize eclectics. I can probably dig up a link to the thread if you're curious.

Sounds like a good read.

vwytche
I think a new thread is great idea, but I hesitate to encourage it, b/c I think I would just be setting you up to set yourself up for a big load of BS. Odds are the CGZs would still recomend the old one as opposed to yours, b/c their motive is not education, but rather pushing their opinion in order to feed their own egos. Any such thread would probably draw them like flies.

It certainly sounds like others here don't support a new thread.

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Doctrix

Sounds like a good read.

Here it is if you want to read it.

vwytche
deadmanjay
Doctrix

Dinosaurs don't have a lot of BIG secrets that only dinosaurs can know due to oathes of silence.

Wow wytche, its like you just love arguments from ignorance. You don't know the secrets so you assume.

vwytche
Hutton, not being Wiccan, can NOT possably be one of the leading authorities on it, by your own logic. Either no one knows anything about Wicca but initiates, or the info is available for outsiders to become an authority on. You don't get to hop over the fence to validate a source you feel agrees with you, than hop back over and use that same reason to attempt to invalidate a source that disagrees with you.

So, you proved your own opinion invalid. Thank you.

vwytche

You can't even spell fail right and you expect people to agree with you? Try again.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
deadmanjay
vwytche
deadmanjay
Doctrix

Wow wytche, its like you just love arguments from ignorance. You don't know the secrets so you assume.

vwytche

So, you proved your own opinion invalid. Thank you.

vwytche

You can't even spell fail right and you expect people to agree with you? Try again.

rofl Nice try, really.

You are the poster child for things going over your head, aren't you?

Now, why don't you n** off and get a life, so you don't have to be so worried about mine?

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Doctrix
vwytche
I think a new thread, modded by a level headed and mature individual is just what we need.

Not to accuse you of being level-headed lol but, have you considered starting a Wicca FAQ thread of your own?

vwytche
It's been tried before. Must be about a year back now that, on the request of one of her students, a Third degree initiate and seated elder w/ the New Wiccan church attempted just such an undertaking. Didn't last a week. If memory serves, it took all of three days for her to be so badly spammed with stupidity from the CGZs that she just gave up and left Gaia altogether. And leading the pak was a first level, initiated all of three weeks at the time, just chomping at the bit to tell this more experienced and learned person just how wrong she was about everything. Her crime? She didn't stigmatize eclectics. I can probably dig up a link to the thread if you're curious.

Sounds like a good read.

vwytche
I think a new thread is great idea, but I hesitate to encourage it, b/c I think I would just be setting you up to set yourself up for a big load of BS. Odds are the CGZs would still recomend the old one as opposed to yours, b/c their motive is not education, but rather pushing their opinion in order to feed their own egos. Any such thread would probably draw them like flies.

It certainly sounds like others here don't support a new thread.

I've considered it, but it seems like a pointless endeavor. The thread is a pretty good example of how my "fan club" shows up from time to time, and I garantee that if I were to start any thread with the word wicca in the title they would be in there with the same crap fast enough to break the sound barrier. You can see how quickly the OP here changed and title and just fled. This is done in the name of education, b/c GOD FORBID anyone ever see anything a zealot disagrees with. Why they might make up their own minds, and some people just can't seem to live comfortably woth that possability.

I'm going to CP my response over on the other thread. The only reps really here are ones that just mysteriously show up out of no where when I post. Weird how that happens, huh? I think much more balanced and productive input can be gained from those that have actually been able to maintain what is possably the only discussion thread on Wicca that has been shot down in flames in the history of Gaia. lol .

I know Loona at least would probably want to weigh in on it.
vwytche

rofl Nice try, really.

No need to congratulate yourself on being a hypocrite vwytche. We all know that you are one.

vwytche

Lol at the pot trying to call the mountain a pot. Good for you at trying again vwytche.

vwytche
Now, why don't you n** off and get a life, so you don't have to be so worried about mine?

Funny. Considering I never said anything about your life. As I have told you a dozen times, I have not persecuted you vwytche. Try again, this time with a little integrity instead of running off to the SNF where you can post whatever you want and call it research. Go ahead, I doubt anyone there will really challenge your hatred of Gardner much.
Doctrix
vwytche

It's been done.

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Doctrix
vwytche

It's been done.

With specific people pre-blocked BEFORE they even had a chance to post in the thread.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
deadmanjay
vwytche

rofl Nice try, really.

No need to congratulate yourself on being a hypocrite vwytche. We all know that you are one.

vwytche

Lol at the pot trying to call the mountain a pot. Good for you at trying again vwytche.

vwytche

Funny. Considering I never said anything about your life. As I have told you a dozen times, I have not persecuted you vwytche. Try again, this time with a little integrity instead of running off to the SNF where you can post whatever you want and call it research. Go ahead, I doubt anyone there will really challenge your hatred of Gardner much.

You really do just thrive on conflict, don't you?

laminaria saccharina
Doctrix

Are you suggesting that an active Gaian Wiccan like myself or any others wandering around should make a new version of that Wicca FAQ thread, or would it be a pointless rehash of materials with which you don't agree? What say the rest of you M&R ladies, gentlemen and trolls?

It sounds like a good test for Sainthood. Are you up for it?

vwytche
I don't spout the popular party line of a vocal minority, so of course, I MUST be wrong.

Stop. Please. There was a time when there was intelligent discussion on Gaia about Wicca. Both sides were willing to look over evidence, to address specific points and question the hows and whys. That was years ago, and it hasn't seen the light of day in M&R since.

It is incredibility frustrating for people who were willing to argue* to listen to the kind of appeals to emotion and hyperbolic rhetoric that has taken over both sides.

Cu, Deo, Nuri and I may never have seen eye to eye on some subjects, but we were ******** friends and treated each other with courtesy and it is insulting to the dialogues of the past to pass this garbage off as a personal attack over differences of opinion instead of what it really is: a rejection of poor logic and bad tactics.

* (play devils advocate, to concede to some points in order to question others, to do first hand research and the like )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff