Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Shapeshifter

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Lucky~9~Lives
vwytche
You've been telling your lies so long you've forgotten the are just your lies.

Every post on this thread will be tipped!.

Which has what to do with what?

Adored Admirer

vwytche
Pseudo-Onkelos
Pay no attention to vwytche. She is like someone who says you can become a Jew without being properly converted, or a Zoroastrian without being born into the religion. Wicca isn't like Christianity where you can just pick it up and call yourself a Wiccan.

Please point out where I have said these things.

Your history is known. It's implied.

This is the second time I've told people interested in Wicca to pay no attention to you. Nice assertion, though.

Adored Admirer

vwytche
It was not written by a Wicca.

Of course it wasn't. Wicca is a religion. It can't write.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Pseudo-Onkelos

Can't help but laugh at that.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Pseudo-Onkelos
vwytche
Pseudo-Onkelos
Pay no attention to vwytche. She is like someone who says you can become a Jew without being properly converted, or a Zoroastrian without being born into the religion. Wicca isn't like Christianity where you can just pick it up and call yourself a Wiccan.

This is the second time I've told people interested in Wicca to pay no attention to you. Nice assertion, though.

Oh IMPLIED..... rofl

There's some damning evidence. rolleyes

In other words, you have never seen me say one word even resembling the statements you attribute to me. You take that IMPLICATION, and then go about attempting to convince others of your personal fictional reality.

Thanks for the confession. I expected it to be harder to get the truth out of you.

Adored Admirer

vwytche
Pseudo-Onkelos
vwytche
Pseudo-Onkelos

Oh IMPLIED..... rofl

In other words, you have never seen me say one word even resembling the statements you attribute to me. You take that IMPLICATION, and then go about attempting to convince others of your personal fictional reality.

Thanks for the confession. I expected it to be harder to get the truth out of you.

"Hi, I'm interested in Wicca."

"Here you go. All you need to know about Wicca."

"That FAQ is untrue and only speaks of one kind of Wicca. You can be eclectic and you don't need to be a part of that other Wicca."

"Pay no attention to vwytche. *compares Wicca to Judaism and Zoroastrianism to demonstrate that one cannot just join Wicca like one can join Christianity*"

When I say imply, it means you don't have to say it. We all know what you mean. Now go back to pretending you're a Wiccan.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Pseudo-Onkelos
vwytche
It was not written by a Wicca.

sigh....

If you knew half of what you think you know about that of which you speak, you would know that in addition to being the name of a modern religion it is also the name given to it's practitioners. The commonly, but erroeneously used Wiccan is a modern concept sparked by those that knew just enough to get the wrong idea. Wiccan as an adjective is a wholey contemporary construct. In the orginal Saxon, it was in fact the male plural.

Even if you want to buy into GG's BS, wica (single C) is still the name given to an individual practitioner. Of course, GG doing his research about as well as you seem to do yours led not only to the word being mis-spelled, but GG having no idea that he had taken the MALE form and applied it to both genders.

I'm quite certain you will attempt to further paint me as a fool, that knows naught of which she sepak, so allow me to submit the following before it comes up.

This one covers the history of the word rather well.

http://www.twpt.com/witchbyanyothername.htm

This one explains in more detail about GG's use of the word, and his spellign errors. Makes a pretty good case for the wica having attempted to claim the word wicca retroactivly, AFTER it was already in active use by the eclectic community, as well. Before you start throwing stones about anybody making up anything they want, the author is an initiate of Clark's line, so I'm pretty sure she knows about gardenian wica.

http://www.thewica.co.uk/wica_or_wicca.htm

And just for fun, heres an article showing GG putting his foot in his mouth about how the erroneously spelled wica was a unigender term. I include it just to show evidence that he had no idea what the hell he was talking about when he cut and pasted his little cult together.

http://www.thewica.co.uk/Dispatch2.htm

It's not hard to find, right on top of the first column. Of course, I'm pretty sure you're not going to read any of that, but they might prove useful to someone else.

Now little cowan, that I have shown you to be the fool you attempt to paint me as, why not run along and find some way to fill your time other than spreading conflict in the name of "protecting" a religion of which you are not even a part?

There's a good boy.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Pseudo-Onkelos
vwytche
Pseudo-Onkelos
vwytche
Pseudo-Onkelos

Oh IMPLIED..... rofl

"That FAQ is untrue and only speaks of one kind of Wicca. You can be eclectic and you don't need to be a part of that other Wicca."

"Pay no attention to vwytche. *compares Wicca to Judaism and Zoroastrianism to demonstrate that one cannot just join Wicca like one can join Christianity*"

When I say imply, it means you don't have to say it. We all know what you mean. Now go back to pretending you're a Wiccan.

rofl rofl rofl WE all know what YOU mean?

Well now, aren't you the expert on what EVERYONE esle is thinking? rofl rofl rofl

Go back to pretending to be in touch with reality now.

Blessed Friend

vwytche
I would still stay wawy from the FAQ thread. Everything I said about it is correct. It was not written by a Wicca. It is full of her own ideas. And it has become such a battleground that any conversation there is pretty difficult. Beside wich, the OP left Gaia to get a life years ago, so you can't really get any answers there.
vwytche
It wasn't authored by a Wicca, but rather a biased cowan and is full of her erroneous ideas of what Wicca is. All it will get it you is confused, and if you post on it, probably attacked.

Are you suggesting that an active Gaian Wiccan like myself or any others wandering around should make a new version of that Wicca FAQ thread, or would it be a pointless rehash of materials with which you don't agree? What say the rest of you M&R ladies, gentlemen and trolls?

Adored Admirer

vwytche
sigh....

Run that game, girl.

vwytche
If you knew half of what you think you know about that of which you speak, you would know that in addition to being the name of a modern religion it is also the name given to it's practitioners. The commonly, but erroeneously used Wiccan is a modern concept sparked by those that knew just enough to get the wrong idea. Wiccan as an adjective is a wholey contemporary construct. In the orginal Saxon, it was in fact the male plural.

If I wanted to know the etymology of the word, I would check OED.

vwytche
Even if you want to buy into GG's BS, wica (single C) is still the name given to an individual practitioner. Of course, GG doing his research about as well as you seem to do yours led not only to the word being mis-spelled, but GG having no idea that he had taken the MALE form and applied it to both genders.

Words are fluid. Irrelevant.

vwytche
This one covers the history of the word rather well.

I don't care about a word. Thanks.

vwytche
This one explains in more detail about GG's use of the word, and his spellign errors.

Like yours? Let's see what we have so far.

erroeneously
wholey
orginal
mis-spelled
naught (You used this in the wrong context.)
sepak
spellign
retroactivly
heres
gardenian
unigender (Do you mean unisex?)

vwytche
Makes a pretty good case for the wica having attempted to claim the word wicca retroactivly, AFTER it was already in active use by the eclectic community, as well. Before you start throwing stones about anybody making up anything they want, the author is an initiate of Clark's line, so I'm pretty sure she knows about gardenian wica.

http://www.thewica.co.uk/wica_or_wicca.htm

And just for fun, heres an article showing GG putting his foot in his mouth about how the erroneously spelled wica was a unigender term. I include it just to show evidence that he had no idea what the hell he was talking about when he cut and pasted his little cult together.

That's irrelevant. He has his own religion that people follow today. It's not a walk-in religion. That's all I'm concerned about.

vwytche
Now little cowan, that I have shown you to be the fool you attempt to paint me as, why not run along and find some way to fill your time other than spreading conflict in the name of "protecting" a religion of which you are not even a part?

There's a good boy.

You still have that mentality that everyone is out to get you. Goodness, quit thinking people are trying to make you look like a fool. You do well doing that on your own.

Adored Admirer

vwytche
Pseudo-Onkelos
vwytche
Pseudo-Onkelos
vwytche
Pseudo-Onkelos

Oh IMPLIED..... rofl

rofl rofl rofl WE all know what YOU mean?

Well now, aren't you the expert on what EVERYONE esle is thinking? rofl rofl rofl

Go back to pretending to be in touch with reality now.

It's simple when a lot share the same thought. I know that doesn't exist in your fairy tale.
Doctrix
Are you suggesting that an active Gaian Wiccan like myself or any others wandering around should make a new version of that Wicca FAQ thread, or would it be a pointless rehash of materials with which you don't agree? What say the rest of you M&R ladies, gentlemen and trolls?

Do you have new sources?

Adored Admirer

Doctrix
vwytche
I would still stay wawy from the FAQ thread. Everything I said about it is correct. It was not written by a Wicca. It is full of her own ideas. And it has become such a battleground that any conversation there is pretty difficult. Beside wich, the OP left Gaia to get a life years ago, so you can't really get any answers there.
vwytche
It wasn't authored by a Wicca, but rather a biased cowan and is full of her erroneous ideas of what Wicca is. All it will get it you is confused, and if you post on it, probably attacked.

It's the same old bullshit.

Blessed Friend

Lucky~9~Lives
Doctrix
vwytche
vwytche

Do you have new sources?

None at all. The only benefit of the new thread (if any) would be to counter vwytche's claim that the old FAQ is not valid or useful because it was not written by a Wiccan and has been abandoned by the OP.

Pseudo-Onkelos
It's the same old bullshit.

It sounds like there's a resounding lack of support for a new thread so far, implying a strong disagreement with vwytche's arguments as to the irrelevance of the thread. Would you care to comment further, vwytche?

Adored Admirer

Doctrix
It sounds like there's a resounding lack of support for a new thread so far.

Yes.

I'll let vwytche get in the last words. It's only right to let someone who started something finish it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff