Welcome to Gaia! ::

TANRailgun
I don't know 'bout yall, but I eat babies because Jonathan Swift told me too...I mean sure he was being satirical, but 'dem babies are delicious!

Plus, it really takes care of the population growth. And poverty, of course. Now, a family can get a decent meal at least every 9 months...

Beloved Lunatic

TANRailgun
Love Muffin88
Derek Gibson
Love Muffin88
Derek Gibson
Love Muffin88

That's totally not an exaggeration either. It's true. All Christians seriously believe, that all atheist eat babies. I see Christians all the time, making bee-lines to atheist, just so they can accuse them of eating babies. rolleyes
Where do you live? Why you no capture on tape?

NC. I was of course poking fun at the blatant exaggerations that the OP stated. I've actually never seen any body accuse anyone of eating babies. That would be crazy.
I have been accused of eating children. It was kind of horrific. She as mad too, serious look and all, and it was ironically on 4/1 though it was 3 years ago.

People actually accuse people of eating babies? In this day and age neutral Well, there is the crazy people of the Westboro Baptist Church.....
OMG!? Religious discrimination still exists!? And is rampant!? Atheists are the least tolerated religious group in the US? You say that a University of British Columbia study found that among Christians the only group that they distrust as much as Atheists are rapists? And Gallup polls show that half the US population would refuse to vote for an Atheist president solely based on the fact that they are Atheist? And you say about the same percentage of US citizens would disapprove of their children marrying an Atheist? Homosexuals are less hated in the Christian community than Atheists? I could do this all day? Why are these all questions? What?

Sounds like we need PSAs eplaining that atheists are people too and have much in common with their religious neighbors. That might upset the Christians though. They likely would respond poorly if they found out many atheists lead more moral/respectful lives than they do. Worse, they might discover that I don't really eat babies. Oh No! Stop the PSAs! Disregard everything I've said! PANIC!

Tipsy Gekko

I have never heard of that. confused

Dapper Prophet

6,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Conversationalist 100
They must be taking texts word for word again.
Thanks a lot Jonathan Swift for your Modest Proposal.
As if they needed anything else to improperly use. . .

4,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Conversationalist 100
It's a common motif to say that about whomever you oppose. It makes them look nice and immoral. It's been said about Jews, Christians, atheists, the Chinese and those are just the ones I remember.

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

B3C4US3 TH3Y 4R3 D3L1C1OUS.

User Image

Mega Noob

I do not eat babies but I would use them as fuel.

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
The flesh of a baby is soft and tender ; the concept is very similar to veal. They are also ideal for soup.
I think it's just a general insult towards a group of people they consider must less moral then themselves. I don't think there is any deep literal meaning behind it.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I've never heard that joke at all

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
TANRailgun
Love Muffin88
Derek Gibson
Love Muffin88
Derek Gibson
Love Muffin88

That's totally not an exaggeration either. It's true. All Christians seriously believe, that all atheist eat babies. I see Christians all the time, making bee-lines to atheist, just so they can accuse them of eating babies. rolleyes
Where do you live? Why you no capture on tape?

NC. I was of course poking fun at the blatant exaggerations that the OP stated. I've actually never seen any body accuse anyone of eating babies. That would be crazy.
I have been accused of eating children. It was kind of horrific. She as mad too, serious look and all, and it was ironically on 4/1 though it was 3 years ago.

People actually accuse people of eating babies? In this day and age neutral Well, there is the crazy people of the Westboro Baptist Church.....
OMG!? Religious discrimination still exists!? And is rampant!? Atheists are the least tolerated religious group in the US? You say that a University of British Columbia study found that among Christians the only group that they distrust as much as Atheists are rapists? And Gallup polls show that half the US population would refuse to vote for an Atheist president solely based on the fact that they are Atheist? And you say about the same percentage of US citizens would disapprove of their children marrying an Atheist? Homosexuals are less hated in the Christian community than Atheists? I could do this all day? Why are these all questions? What?

Okay? I'm not sure why you're asking all these questions though. Or what they have to do with anything I said.

What's with the stuff in bold? I know I didn't say any of those things. LOL! You kind of came out of the woodwork blaugh

Familiar Smoker

Love Muffin88
TANRailgun
Love Muffin88
Derek Gibson
Love Muffin88

Okay? I'm not sure why you're asking all these questions though. Or what they have to do with anything I said.

What's with the stuff in bold? I know I didn't say any of those things. LOL! You kind of came out of the woodwork blaugh
I may or may not have been inebriated at the time of that post...but what I THINK I was trying to do was somehow make fun of your wonderment at the idea that religious discrimination (and thereby, insults targeting a certain "religious" group) still existed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff