6,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
Creativerealms
Vampiric_Mage
Creativerealms
Vampiric_Mage
Because seasons 1 and 2 were the only ones that could keep my attention span.

Seriously though, once they got rid of Tai, Matt, Sora, Mimi, Izzy, Joe, TK, Kari and their digimon, I just quit. I'm not going to watch a series if they make a season with a completely new cast that I'm not familiar with. neutral

It just isn't Digimon anymore.

This is kind of dumb. Because this type of attitude makes me wonder how you can give a show a chance in the first place if you hate change so much. I mean acting that Digimon can only be Digimon if your watching the original characters.

Serously to say that your not going to watch a new cast your not fimilar with, well you had to get use to the first cast right? you were not use to them right away. No you got use to them over the course of the season. Why couldn't you give the new cast a chance. Why do you have to hate them, ignore them, just because they are new/different. That does not mean they were bad.

It was still Digimon, and season three was a huge improvement over season two which was a mess when it came to the story.

O_o;

Look, man, I'm sorry if I offended you. But when I watch a series, I like there to be a cast that I know from start to finish each time. It kind of gets confusing if they keep changing the cast each time.

So, just kind of chill out. I did kind of blow it out of proportion. I did see a bit of season 3 and I guess it wasn't too bad. The characters were likable enough. But, seriously, I just mostly grew out of the series once it had reached that point. sweatdrop

You did not "offend me" it's just I have to wonder how people are able to give shows a chance at all when they are so close minded that "Characters they did not already know" are turn offs. Like how were you able to get use to the original cast of Digimon when you were not use to them before the first episode.

There's a HUGE difference between starting on a new anime, blank slate and all, and getting used to these specific characters, and THEN they change it on you when you're used to/already love the current characters.

I do believe that's what they mean. It's not "Oh, I only like the characters I know in anime already and refuse to try new anime" so much as "I loved this anime's original characters and didn't want them to change once I already got used to those original ones."

But seriously. I don't see how that bugged you that much. I had to comment to clear it up for you, since it seemed that big of an issue...

I'm pretty sure the reason they keep Ash the same in Pokemon, for example, is because people don't want their cherished main character to change, as far as marketing purposes go. Change can make or break a series- how many other series out there have a whole new set of characters for every season? That is kinda what I like about Digimon- the original characters got older but still made appearances in the second season, but then the third season went off on its own (and was still good), and the fourth season was boring and the fifth season was crap...
For season 5 it was the change in art style and the story line. I watched all seasons up till that point
BlackWarGreymonRocks
Why do people hate this season? I mean its not bad at all I actually like it! I mean my favorite season five Digimon is MirageGaogamonUser Image
But my all time favorite Digimon is obvious just look at my name!

Most original digimon fans haven't even heard of Season 5's existance. And with good reason. They made a new one YEARS after Frontier came out. (And I know people who hate most of that too, for whatever reason.)

To answer the intial question:
Because the character designs really sucked and the characters themselves were flatter than cardboard.

5,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Sunset_Ramen

Most original digimon fans haven't even heard of Season 5's existance. And with good reason. They made a new one YEARS after Frontier came out. (And I know people who hate most of that too, for whatever reason.)

I remember a bunch of people freaking out whenever Digimon Savers was first announced years ago, especially since it's a new Digimon season. I wouldn't say most of the original fans never knew about it.
Of course, that doesn't mean they liked Savers once they watched it...

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
LOL. I" think your right.
Barokku Enjeru
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I said what I said and I meant it,
But now... I regret it...
✗✗✗✗✗✗✗✗✗✗✗✗

Because some of us can only remember so many Digimon at one time while trying to memorize every Pokemon.
Quote:
I remember a bunch of people freaking out whenever Digimon Savers was first announced years ago, especially since it's a new Digimon season. I wouldn't say most of the original fans never knew about it.

YOU ARE CORRECT, GOOD SIR. jk, though most of the aformentioned people were the hardcore bloggers who check the scheduals on a weekly basis. I was just referring to everyone else outside that spectrum. sweatdrop

Quote:
Of course, that doesn't mean they liked Savers once they watched it...

I have no way of knowing either...all I know is plenty of people liked to bash it.
Hikaki
I am completely neutral towards S5.
Mostly because I am Canadian and have no way of watching it on TV. (I'm not going to download it either.) If it was on TV I might watch an episode or two and form an opinion.

When S3 and S4 were on I didn't quite like them as much. I had grown up with the first set of Digidestined and something felt off about having a new set. I gave them a chance, but it wasn't the same.
You can watch season 5 in Canada but I doubt its on anymore because nobody knew it was on...

Generous Humorist

11,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
Muffinyness
Chiisana Tantei
User Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
x
I stopped watching after season 3
x
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User Image

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image
User Image
xxxxxxUser ImageUser Image

>> Seasons one and two were my favorite, but I also liked three. I didn't care for the 4th season because they turned into digmon themselves. But from what I've seen of season five, I might like it if I decide to watch it.

User Image

3,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
panda-nezumi
        I stopped watching after season 4.
        So, I have no opinion on season 5.

"I'm glad I met you....."

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You don't wanna see season 5.
Trust me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"....I love you....Claire."
Because it raped my childhood...

Seriously...Agumon DOSE NOT digivolve into GeoGreymon, RiseGreymon and ShineGreymon

Agumon digivolves into Greymon, MetalGreymon, and WarGreymon...end of story.

That in itself was a serious turn off...

Conservative Genius

Uke for Hire

Seriously...Agumon DOSE NOT digivolve into GeoGreymon, RiseGreymon and ShineGreymon

He just followed a different evolutionary path than the one from Adventure since he's a different Agumon.
There are several different paths a digimon can take.
Agumon has at least 5 of them: Greymon, GeoGreymon, Centarumon, Meramon, and even Numemon.
Besides, RiseGreymon is better than MetalGreymon and his n****e missiles.

5,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Ryasha K Akiyama
Uke for Hire

He just followed a different evolutionary path than the one from Adventure since he's a different Agumon.
Agumon has at least 5 of them: Greymon, GeoGreymon, Centarumon, Meramon, and even Numemon.
MetalGreymon wasn't that impressive, looks-wise. he was basically Greymon with the metal faceplate, mechanical arm, "wings", and red hair.

And people keep forgetting that Masaru/Marcus' Agumon =/= Tai[chi]'s Agumon.

Conservative Genius

Eau de Mistrolat
Ryasha K Akiyama
Uke for Hire

MetalGreymon wasn't that impressive, looks-wise. he was basically Greymon with the metal faceplate, mechanical arm, "wings", and red hair.

And people keep forgetting that Masaru/Marcus' Agumon =/= Tai[chi]'s Agumon.

I think he was supposed to be a bit bigger as well. Can't really remember exactly.

Nostalgia outweighs common sense and logic for some reason.
I understand it. It's stupid beyond reason but I understand it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff