Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Raider

Luna Thoth

There's grindcore too. then grind might be a little too a-melodic for what you are looking for idk.
I'd bet there's prolly some Death/Crust out there it is pretty vicious.

Grindcore has some of the right idea for that but ya youre right, it is too a-melodic. and basically the reason why I choose Metalcore and Punk for the base of my work is because of the thrash aspects of bands like Earth Crisis, Y DI's heavy metal aspects, the chords/progressions of dissonant bands like Rorschach, the rawness of German 90's Hardcore and the sweet grooves of Starkweather. I want a very chord heavy music as well.

and David showed me some cool Crust/Death and Death. It's ******** awesome, they have the right idea. Basically I don't want to be Crust, but I may come out sounding Crusty anyways lol.

Hygienic Humorist

SaguaroDundee
Luna Thoth

There's grindcore too. then grind might be a little too a-melodic for what you are looking for idk.

Grindcore has some of the right idea for that but ya youre right, it is too a-melodic. and basically the reason why I choose Metalcore and Punk for the base of my work is because of the thrash aspects of bands like Earth Crisis, Y DI's heavy metal aspects, the chords/progressions of dissonant bands like Rorschach, the rawness of German 90's Hardcore and the sweet grooves of Starkweather. I want a very chord heavy music as well.

and David showed me some cool Crust/Death and Death. It's ******** awesome, they have the right idea. Basically I don't want to be Crust, but I may come out sounding Crusty anyways lol.

I feel like as far as putting metal and hardcore into some thing that is perfect, crust does it the best. Could be a few improvements from it. Stuff like Starkweather n trad Metalcore seems too like dissonant or what ever, like taking the feel of a lot of screamo riffs and ramping it up until it's uncomfortable for me, Grindcore is like I said. And then there is like crossover thrash, which is just, soooo ******** boring.

Versatile Explorer

tim is a portal
who the ******** still listens to breaking benjamin rofl

LOL, I KNOW!

Also I laughed more than I should.
Luna Thoth
SaguaroDundee
Luna Thoth

I feel like as far as putting metal and hardcore into some thing that is perfect, crust does it the best. Could be a few improvements from it. Stuff like Starkweather n trad Metalcore seems too like dissonant or what ever, like taking the feel of a lot of screamo riffs and ramping it up until it's uncomfortable for me, Grindcore is like I said. And then there is like crossover thrash, which is just, soooo ******** boring.

I'd say Sludge Metal.

Friendly Raider

Luna Thoth
SaguaroDundee
Luna Thoth

lol, that's kind of accurate actually. How I view it in metaphor is like Crust is Metalcores big brother, and Crust was just being Crust when Metalcore was Punk and then Metalcore was like "I CAN BE LIKE CRUST BUT DIFFERENT, YOU'LL ALL SEE ".
then Metalcore was like "HEY NYHC IS LIKE BETTER THAN MY BROTHER, meeeh grrr pfffpt"
and they didn't want to be Emotive cuz Emotives were pussies. And now we have tough guy over-compensation-Metalcore.

I pretty much want to nix that aspect of it. Metal/Punk was perfect with Y-DI and Amebix.
holy s**t I just read through this whole thread

i feel cool
nothing wrong with iPods.
Some Nights
nothing wrong with iPods.
Virgin Eyes Virgin Ears
Some Nights
nothing wrong with Pod People.
PUSTULE
Virgin Eyes Virgin Ears
Some Nights
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Neige ist Krieg
PUSTULE
Virgin Eyes Virgin Ears
Some Nights

ohman heart

Hygienic Humorist

Neige ist Krieg
PUSTULE
Virgin Eyes Virgin Ears
Some Nights

Old Memes heart

Hygienic Humorist

PUSTULE
Luna Thoth
SaguaroDundee
Luna Thoth

I'd say Sludge Metal.

IDK sludge isn't really that punk... it has a lot of post-rock in it too. And even a bit of noise rock.

Hygienic Humorist

I also just want to say that seriously Cliff Burton is horribly over rated as a bass player. He is like a role filler at best, like most metal bassists you rarely ever notice him. There are ******** tones of other bass players that are way better. The only reason people know him, is because he died, and the only reason people think he is good is because they actually know his name.

6,850 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
This is usually all I see when in the mf.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff