• Flatterer 200
It used to have a different message like stick with your crew
Now the only messages are- women,cars and money

Fashionable Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Hygienic 200
Rap is still the same as it's ever been. What you're observing are merely signs of the times influencing what becomes popular.

Early/mid 90s with a good economy: "Here are some social issues and how they might be solved."
00s and early 10s with a bad economy: "Moneys and bitches."

But once you actually dig into the genre instead of listening to the radio like a ********, you'll find that the more intelligent hip hop never actually left.

Beloved Player

8,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
Zelkiiro
Rap is still the same as it's ever been. What you're observing are merely signs of the times influencing what becomes popular.

Early/mid 90s with a good economy: "Here are some social issues and how they might be solved."
00s and early 10s with a bad economy: "Moneys and bitches."

But once you actually dig into the genre instead of listening to the radio like a ********, you'll find that the more intelligent hip hop never actually left.

what you say is for the most part fairly true aside from the radio part (i dont listen to the radio)
what i was saying was the intelligent rap is being overlooked as a result of the now popular Rap
intelligent rap is mostly boring anyway

Beloved Player

8,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
rawheavygreen

what rap do you like then?
artist wise
Well probably the lyrics don't change much (save for rappers like Lupe Fiasco), but the style has gotten rather... Interesting. I mean, only recently have I listened to this group called Death Grips with their album No Love Deep Web (uh... I'll just give you a friendly warning that the album cover is well... explicit. But maybe you've seen just as bad I dunno). I personally liked it, but it's probably definitely too weird for a lot of people.

Beloved Player

8,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
Carbonbonsin
Well probably the lyrics don't change much (save for rappers like Lupe Fiasco), but the style has gotten rather... Interesting. I mean, only recently have I listened to this group called Death Grips with their album No Love Deep Web (uh... I'll just give you a friendly warning that the album cover is well... explicit. But maybe you've seen just as bad I dunno). I personally liked it, but it's probably definitely too weird for a lot of people.

yeah thats kinda what i was getting at (not the weird part) the whole image or what people want rap to be today
naruto_uzumaki_848
Carbonbonsin

yeah thats kinda what i was getting at (not the weird part) the whole image or what people want rap to be today

I like how some rappers do stuff more than just the usual banter. Like they actually talk about social issues and whatnot. It just makes the track more thought provoking, and really original.

Of course, I tend to like some of today's hip-hop, even if the lyrics can get really silly at times (I'm looking at you, Lil Wayne).

Beloved Player

8,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
Carbonbonsin
naruto_uzumaki_848
Carbonbonsin

I like how some rappers do stuff more than just the usual banter. Like they actually talk about social issues and whatnot. It just makes the track more thought provoking, and really original.

Of course, I tend to like some of today's hip-hop, even if the lyrics can get really silly at times (I'm looking at you, Lil Wayne).

right. You might not agree with me but like with Eminem.
alot of his music has to do with issues in America
The song/video No Love talks about bullying in schools
although alot of his music is ment to be silly and downright stupid at times but i find most of it funny
naruto_uzumaki_848
Carbonbonsin
naruto_uzumaki_848
Carbonbonsin

right. You might not agree with me but like with Eminem.
alot of his music has to do with issues in America
The song/video No Love talks about bullying in schools

Yeah, I can agree with that.
I think Eminem is alright... I like his darker and somber stuff better than all his other stuff, but that's just how I roll I guess. Whatever floats your boat, really.

Conservative Fatcat

rawheavygreen

Beloved Player

8,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
I think Eminem is alright... I like his darker and somber stuff better than all his other stuff, but that's just how I roll I guess. Whatever floats your boat, really.

heh im kinda the oppisite i tend to like his more up beat stuff
but the ones i do like are really good like Stan, Your Never Over, and Buffalo Bill
does it count if its an angry song?
naruto_uzumaki_848

heh im kinda the oppisite i tend to like his more up beat stuff
but the ones i do like are really good like Stan, Your Never Over, and Buffalo Bill
does it count if its an angry song?
Sure! I haven't listened to him in a long time but I do recall liking his album Encore.

Friend

I am not an extreme rap fanatic, but I thought that there were always raps about women and money.... since the beginning of rap?? Am I wrong??

And anyways, I've heard plenty of more recent rap that is wonderful, regardless if they are rapping about women and money (which I find charming if it's done cleverly) or something more "intelligent" or political or emotional.

Conservative Fatcat

naruto_uzumaki_848

Now the only messages are- women,cars and money

More money than a sucker could ever spend
But I wouldn't give a sucker or a bum from the rucker
Not a dime till I made it again
Ya go hotel motel whatcha gonna do today?
(Say what?)

Ya say I'm gonna get a fly girl gonna get some spankin'
Drive off in a Def Oj
Everybody go hotel, motel Holiday Inn
Say if your girl starts actin' up, then you take her friend

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items