Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm nice and approachable apparently
I've been noticing a lot of the people I talk to have seen me on campus and actually have wanted to talk to me before but just wouldn't because they are shy
It's kind of weird
Even in high school one of my friends even said I have some good aura about me
I'm not that great though ;p
i don't really find myself to be "unique," sorry :/

Dedicated Loiterer

Juxtaposed is Life
thefluffygamer
Juxtaposed is Life
thefluffygamer
Anger towards the system. Everyone else is too busy with things they "have" to do to realize that its not all necessary.

What system?

Capitalism, or rather what we call capitalism in the US. With it came a bunch of beliefs that the old generations passed on to the newer ones, and eventually became presupposed ideas that on one really challenges anymore. The most annoying of which is, you work hard and it'll pay off. That belief may have been true 50 or so years ago, but now it really isn't. I know several people who are just absolutely brilliant and worked their asses off doing what they do, but they make meager salaries that can barely support them and their families.

And of course, people here still cling to the belief that living in excess is what you want. Never mind you're alienated from your work, are chalk full of socially patterned defects, and rely on media and alcohol to escape your life; as long as you can buy s**t, you'll be happy.

Eh, there's a lot I could talk about. Should I go on?

Why wouldn't you tell the younger generation that if you work hard it will pay off?

Do you really want to tell them that there will be someone who does nothing but drink all day on television and makes more than you ever will in your lifetime in a year?

You're on the internet, how exactly have you escaped materialism?

Feel free.

I actually do want to tell the younger generations how it is, not how it's supposed to be. Maybe then they'll try and make a change instead of sitting there and saying "Okay..." every time they're told something is a certain way. That's what American revolutionaries thought. They thought things shouldn't have been a certain way, so they got pissed and changed it. Now when Americans get pissed they petition to their governor. Look at you, fighting the man. No matter what they do, they still follow the rules, and they still live within the system. (Not that rebellion and law breaking are the only means to change things; I just feel if governments don't hold up their end of a social contract, the citizens aren't bound to their obligations to listen to the government.)

As for materialism, I don't try and escape it. The physical world is important to me, because it's the only thing that I regularly experience other than myself. The difference is, my life doesn't fall in shambles around me when I lose things. I do have some anxiety if I lose one of my creature comforts, but things such as my laptop and phone are readily replaced by tools of similar functions.

And lastly, the system. It's not so much a physical thing, as it is a structure of the mind. Capitalism has done a brilliant job of shaping people's thoughts into what they are, giving most of them a very individualistic approach to life. To me, this was the reason almost all the Communist rebellions of the 1900s failed; everyone had the individualistic mindsets, and when it came time to reallocate power and resources back to the people, one person would take over and say "This is all mine." This is mostly why I don't preach my anarcho-syndicalist views that much; people just don't have the right frame of mind for it to work, or even make sense to them. Hell, even I'm not completely there, though I do try my best to break down the little Capitalist in my head.
thefluffygamer
Juxtaposed is Life
thefluffygamer
Juxtaposed is Life
thefluffygamer
Anger towards the system. Everyone else is too busy with things they "have" to do to realize that its not all necessary.

What system?

Capitalism, or rather what we call capitalism in the US. With it came a bunch of beliefs that the old generations passed on to the newer ones, and eventually became presupposed ideas that on one really challenges anymore. The most annoying of which is, you work hard and it'll pay off. That belief may have been true 50 or so years ago, but now it really isn't. I know several people who are just absolutely brilliant and worked their asses off doing what they do, but they make meager salaries that can barely support them and their families.

And of course, people here still cling to the belief that living in excess is what you want. Never mind you're alienated from your work, are chalk full of socially patterned defects, and rely on media and alcohol to escape your life; as long as you can buy s**t, you'll be happy.

Eh, there's a lot I could talk about. Should I go on?

Why wouldn't you tell the younger generation that if you work hard it will pay off?

Do you really want to tell them that there will be someone who does nothing but drink all day on television and makes more than you ever will in your lifetime in a year?

You're on the internet, how exactly have you escaped materialism?

Feel free.

I actually do want to tell the younger generations how it is, not how it's supposed to be. Maybe then they'll try and make a change instead of sitting there and saying "Okay..." every time they're told something is a certain way. That's what American revolutionaries thought. They thought things shouldn't have been a certain way, so they got pissed and changed it. Now when Americans get pissed they petition to their governor. Look at you, fighting the man. No matter what they do, they still follow the rules, and they still live within the system. (Not that rebellion and law breaking are the only means to change things; I just feel if governments don't hold up their end of a social contract, the citizens aren't bound to their obligations to listen to the government.)

As for materialism, I don't try and escape it. The physical world is important to me, because it's the only thing that I regularly experience other than myself. The difference is, my life doesn't fall in shambles around me when I lose things. I do have some anxiety if I lose one of my creature comforts, but things such as my laptop and phone are readily replaced by tools of similar functions.

And lastly, the system. It's not so much a physical thing, as it is a structure of the mind. Capitalism has done a brilliant job of shaping people's thoughts into what they are, giving most of them a very individualistic approach to life. To me, this was the reason almost all the Communist rebellions of the 1900s failed; everyone had the individualistic mindsets, and when it came time to reallocate power and resources back to the people, one person would take over and say "This is all mine." This is mostly why I don't preach my anarcho-syndicalist views that much; people just don't have the right frame of mind for it to work, or even make sense to them. Hell, even I'm not completely there, though I do try my best to break down the little Capitalist in my head.

So they should fight to get their way?

So your materialism is satiated by materials.

You're saying it wouldn't work for a long time then.

Wheezing Codger

7,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
Good question, especially since I think we all tend to exaggerate our individuality in an attempt to gratify our egos and feel special or important.
I wouldn't say there's anything about me that is truly unique. I can't think of a single trait I have that absolutely nobody else has, especially since I don't even know all of my traits or all of others' traits. I do think that I am unique, but what makes me unique is the combination of all of my traits. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, as Gestalt would say.

Dangerous Regular

ectogasm
Angry Blue Kang
ectogasm
Angry Blue Kang
ectogasm
I'm unique, just like everybody else.
Seriously, I'm not unique.

Stop being a Negative Nancy in my thread please!!

sweatdrop

You are so lucky that I can't negative-tip your posts!

Oh man, if that was possible I'd get so many.
lol

mad I'll fortify them, we could take these bastards!

Dangerous Regular

To answer the question, quite simply:
Power. I'm a hunter, they're not.

Fanatical Codger

My monochromatic avi, and my empathetic ways.

Hellraiser

The Spellslinger
ectogasm
Angry Blue Kang
ectogasm
Angry Blue Kang
ectogasm
Im unique, just like everybody else.
Seriously, Im not unique.

Stop being a Negative Nancy in my thread please!!

sweatdrop

You are so lucky that I cant negative-tip your posts!

Oh man, if that was possible Id get so many.
lol

mad Ill fortify them, we could take these bastards!

okay!
:

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
1. I have a different way to eat every food, like if I'm eating something round like a hamburger or cookie, I would eat around all of the edges first, and then eat the middle last.
2. I actually try and educate myself about views and lifestyles other than my own and I don't judge unless given a logical reason to.
3. I collect novelty things or things I find to be cool, like my electric firefly in a jar or my stuffed moose in a can.
4. I'm a sucker for Asian snacks like Pocky (esp. green tea!), Hello Panda, wasabi peas, ice cream flavoured wafer rolls, mocha cakes, mango gummies, etc.
5. I alphabetically organize my books and video games.
6. My personal clothing style changes from day to day. I can make an outfit anywhere from skater to sexy, to sweet, to scene (dear god but not my hair!), to rocker, to boho, to fashion icon, to lazy bum. xD
7. I love to create things, I can draw, write, cook and sew, and I spend way too much time with character creation screens in video games. xD
8. My class of preference would be based on agility, such as a thief or assassin. They are much more graceful fighters and scream parkour and acrobatics <3 I would totally be a thief in some alternate fantasy dimension. xD
9. I always drink Tim Horton's coffee, but I hate it. xD
10. I get very carried away with things...as you can see. xD

iMrsWalker's Husband

Lazy Husband

9,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Hesitant Participant 100
My amazing ability to be black and happy at the same time. Also very daring and out going for a black guy. Also the willingness to cosplay as a black death the kid online and in real life at the same time.
Unique is being the only Caucasian in a room full of East Indians speaking a language you don't understand.

Hellraiser

Angry Blue Kang
Revie Creation
because i'm an awesome magical person, see sig for details

Ectogasm, take notes!

Noted!

Adored Admirer

I am an identical twin.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff