Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like fun facts. Most of the ones I know come from languages, though. There is a few pictures that have fun facts about black holes that I have here.

Shameless Humorist

The brain named itself.

Seasonal Gaian

The world is round. There is a group people who think its flat and promoting that fact (Flat Earth Society).

Original Poster

10,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Can opener was invented 50 years after the can.
The term "jaywalking" was coined by city people when country people moved to the cities, because country people didn't know how to cross the streets. It just so happened that country people were called "jays".

Lonely Wolf

I can't think of any off the top of my head so I'll just pull one up
so apparently 90% of Americans live within 15 minutes of a wal mart
Ramfeezled
The world is round. There is a group people who think its flat and promoting that fact (Flat Earth Society).

The guy sounds like a nut.

'...when satellite images showed Earth as a sphere, the society was undaunted; Shenton remarked: "It's easy to see how a photograph like that could fool the untrained eye."'

Lordy.

Shy Bookworm

22,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
The average human body has enough bones to make a skeleton.

Fluffy Streaker

14,875 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
One day you are going to Die. except me

Dapper Dabbler

Sloths can swim up to 3x faster than they can move on land and hold their breath for up to 40 minutes. emotion_awesome

Seasonal Gaian

AllemandsMinuscules
Ramfeezled

'...when satellite images showed Earth as a sphere, the society was undaunted; Shenton remarked: "It's easy to see how a photograph like that could fool the untrained eye."'

Lordy.

Very much so. It is a laughable matter, really.

Codebreaking Trendsetter

11,775 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
AllemandsMinuscules
Ramfeezled

Lordy.

Hmm... Well if we consider the theory that we may be inside a black hole, and the "laws" of physics are "remade" to work in the (extreme conditions of the )black hole, then it is possible that what we think we are seeing as "round" is in fact "flat".

But I doubt it. :p

(XD that guy lololol)
In my own two pence, the word "grot" is a word that was actually created backwards! In the Beatles movie "Hard Day's Night", George Harrison refers to something as "dead grotty". When asked to clarify, he says, "you know, grotesque." This started everyone using the word "grotty". Following common English logic, noun + y = adjective, so "grotty" was assumed by a large amount of people to come from the root word "grot", which is, while uncommon, still used.
Wannabe_Marysue
One day you are going to Die. except me

That's not a fun fact. :c

Aged Noob

16,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Cats have whiskers on the back of their front legs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff