Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Seeker

I'm sorry for my misposting yesterday. When I said brave people I meant the people who died during 9/11 not the son of a b****** who bombed us.

Hallowed Hunter

JediDillon
Today is 9/11 the day where thousands of people were killed becasue of religious fanatics. I ask all people in the forum regardless of nationality to please post something in tribute to the people who were killed during the attacks. It is most terrible that this happened becasue a group of terrorists wanted to strike at what they saw as the heart of capitalism and the west. Hopefully we will never have an attack happen like this again.

And what about the millions that have died as a direct result of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Devout Fairy

JediDillon
I'm sorry for my misposting yesterday. When I said brave people I meant the people who died during 9/11 not the son of a b****** who bombed us.

What makes them brave? They did not choose to die, nor was there anything particularly heroic about their deaths save that died trying to rescue others.
Lysid
Fermionic
I agree; it is brave to die for a cause you believe in.

So we should take time to remember the brave suicide bombers?

I don't see why not. They died doing what they believed was right. Honestly, when I do consider the event, I keep perspective on both sides.

Beloved Lunatic

If I bother to attach any special meaning to 9/11 it will be to remind myself of how one tragic event can be used to manipulate an entire nation if the people are not wary in the aftermath. I could probably still find people who believe Iraq was behind it. Honestly, which was worse, the attack on the towers or the war waged against any and all things that can be in any way considered connected to terrorism evidence be damned?
JediDillon

And America is justified in it's wars afterwards where they bombed many more people?

Questionable Lover

Not Forgetting is one thing.

Getting over something is an entirely different thing. I mean honestly.
Rosa the White Wizard
Lysid
Fermionic

I don't see why not. They died doing what they believed was right. Honestly, when I do consider the event, I keep perspective on both sides.

You're right we should remember 9/11. It's testament to this species utter stupidity. Imbeciles will believe anything they're conditioned to believe.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Lysid
Rosa the White Wizard
Lysid
Fermionic

You're right we should remember 9/11. It's testament to this species utter stupidity. Imbeciles will believe anything they're conditioned to believe.

Then is bravery to be honored, or merely equalized with the other traits of our species which can so easily be abused?

Faith, Trust, Loyalty, Bravery, Kindness, Honesty, Glibness, Eloquence, Fear...the list goes on of traits which could seem admirable in light of a tragedy, but are they truly worth exaltation?

I prefer to look at these things for what they are, not the pedestals they are put on.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
JediDillon
We will never forget......

Yes we will. We always forget a disaster in the wake of a new, greater disaster that sparks us into outrage.

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Insensitive post? Insensitive post.

User Image

On another note, what makes the people who died so brave? Are you talking about the workers who went in after the attack to save others, or the people who died from just going to work?

EDIT:Just thought I would post this link. Its a chart that analyzes when people will forget about certain things. Please refer to year 2036 of the chart.
Not saying this is definite or anything, but its sure interesting.

User ImageUser Image
take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Distinct Phantom

Never forget.

Hiroshima/Nagasaki.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out