Welcome to Gaia! ::

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Jhesy
For some reason I keep hearing every post read in the voice of Foamy the Squirrel ranting in my head.

Now that you mentioned that I can't read anything in this thread normally anymore! I keep hearing Foamy now! xd
AurinJade
Jhesy
For some reason I keep hearing every post read in the voice of Foamy the Squirrel ranting in my head.

Now that you mentioned that I can't read anything in this thread normally anymore! I keep hearing Foamy now! xd
I don't know who to salute, now: the troops in Iraq or Foamy.
[Nishin
AurinJade
Jhesy

I don't know who to salute, now: the troops in Iraq or Foamy.

Ah, yes. That would be the ranty goodness of the thread warping your mind. Salute both. =)
V for Venereal Disease
Vinstepula
Reason # Whatever # we are on: People Who Cuss.

Maybe not everyone does it. Maybe people don't jump on those that do. But, I find it so funny when people throw a fit over those who do not type out words or use correct grammar, yet, those people are cussed out. Cussing makes people look like idiots. Even then, when you usually cuss, it is slang. The real meaning of the word isn't portrayed properly. Plus people use cuss words as nouns when they are verbs and verbs when they are nouns. You claim to be smart and know how to grammar. Then why are you using slang cuss words! rolleyes

I agree one-hundred ******** percent!

Most retarded and/or senseless post ever. Congratulations.
Now THIS is irony: V agreeing with an anti-swearing post.

EPIC WIN, V.

Dapper Shopper

1,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Agreed. ^^
REASON NUMBER SOMETHING: Making stupid, empty posts.

"Hawt guys make good romance!"

"Lol its good"

"Eragon is the best!"

God damnit! This new wave of stupidity hitting the WF is making me want to bash my head into a wall.
Reason 36 - Show versus Tell
Do you people comprehend how annoying it is to be reading through something only to come crashing into a "*~[inserts character here]'s POV~*" or "5 mins l8er..."? When writing a story, the reader should be able to automatically pick up on which point of view the writer is describing. Instead of announcing your description to the reader, you should be painting a picture in their mind. That's what reading and writing are all about! People write to tell stories. In order to immerse yourself in the world of literature or any form of poetry or story-telling, the listener or the reader should be able to picture the scenery by reading through the description.

Reason 37 - OMFG!!!11111oneleven!11!!! ITZ TEH NUMBAZ!
There are times when I come across a really good story and nothing is more devastating than to see a number that ISN'T spelled off. Do people not understand how devastating it is to see "100000000000" stuck into stories? Considering that fifty percent of the writers I've come across do this, I suppose not, which leads me on to my next point.

Reason 38 - Over exaggeration
Be reasonable with your numbers people. For example, the Roman army couldn't possibly drag a million soldiers out with them. Or, if someone where to be traveling, they wouldn't carry seventy cases of pure clothing with them.
Lydia Trebond
Gale the Awesome
Reason 23 - you thought this was cool.

This reason needs no description.

I think I'm going to hurl. That...there is no words for how awful that bit of poetry is.

"Vogonesque" seems sufficient.
Hazgarn
Lydia Trebond
Gale the Awesome
Reason 23 - you thought this was cool.

This reason needs no description.

I think I'm going to hurl. That...there is no words for how awful that bit of poetry is.

On second thought there is a word apparently. I can't beleive I didn't think of that. I'm reading the third book in the trilogy.
Hazgarn
Lydia Trebond

No, I think that one would send a Vogon screaming for the nearest airlock.
Ryujin Dragonsoul
Hazgarn
Lydia Trebond

No, I think that one would send a Vogon screaming for the nearest airlock.
I thought Vogons could only waddle, shout, and write terrible poetry? So they waddle to the nearest airlock shouting? I guess they're fourth on the list of the worst poetry now!
Reason number...sod it, I've lost count You make dumb threads, aimed at other female writers, about how important it is for all your main charactets to be HAWT!!!!!!!!1 (Seriously...there is one in the WF right now...and god help me, I just tried to add my two cents in the hopes of turning it into an intelligent conversation.) Congratulations! Not only have you insulted half the female writers in this forum by implying that they're all the same "OMG CUTE BISHI BOI!!!!" dumbass fangirls as you, but you've also shown a pitiful, pitiful lack of knowledge about character development. Let's put it this way...when you feel the need to start a thread about the importance of characters being "sexi", it's a sure sign that you don't know crap about making good characters.
Reason that probably doesn't seem like a reason You recognize that many who rant about grammar tend to by hypocritical. Yes, it is important. Yes, it is something that needs to be done correctly within writing. But most often, one can witness "grammar Nazis" making one common mistake. (They use "cliché" as an adjective.")
Reason 0 (just because I want to be different):
Help me with my homework..gah, BLAH!

Reason 0.5:
I did this, and then I did this, and then Boy George said this but then I said "hey don't go there sister!!!11!" and so he said "lets go out for ice cream", so we did.

I hate the term "and then". I can't remember the last time I used it in writing. Obviously sometimes it is appropriate but not for direction and narrative, I feel.
I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and guess that y'all aint fourteen years old.

Hallelujah.

I've been around Gaia for a few weeks, bonding with my kid, sharing her interests, flirting with the idea of indulging in some escapist, easy writing. (Late timezone here- explains icky sexual metaphor in same sentence as said kid. Meh. And, is meh allowed here? I do like meh.)

I've been scrounging through RPs looking for some decent writing, and even participated in one for a while, telling myself that, hey, perhaps the trite, cliched vehicle that is the Gaian RP could allow art to be. In much the same way as the confines of the sonnet allow poetic freedom to be.

But it don't. It jes don't.

But here you are!

All I can say is, your actual writing better be damn good. (Unless y'all really are fourteen. In which case, Bless! You're cute when you're angry.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff