Welcome to Gaia! ::

fallingstartheauthoress
It seems that a lot of writers on the Internet are Westerners that are obsessed with all things Japanese.

Know nothing bout Japan? Never been to Japan? Don't even know anyone that knows remotely anything about Japan? Then [edit]DON'T[/edit] write a story set in Japan!

Seriously though, that bugs me too. burning_eyes

Just for clarification, I also know nothing about Japan. I haven't written a story with Japan as my setting. ...Yet. rofl

It's okay if you start your story not knowing about Japan. As long as you do your research so that the story doesn't sound stupid, it's all good. I think someone covered something about researching your s**t in the last page, but I can't remember which number it was. Was it 27 or 26?
Oh dear. I can understand rants, but... I think you need to spend more time being positive. That was a lot of energy expended on something that makes you mad. neutral
Lady Goodman
Oh dear. I can understand rants, but... I think you need to spend more time being positive. That was a lot of energy expended on something that makes you mad. neutral

Eh? I wasn't mad, just frustrated. But I felt productive while I was doing it...so it's okay. I think. XD

I'm feeling quite negative at the moment and there's nothing you can do about it. pirate
Aylen
I'm feeling quite negative at the moment and there's nothing you can do about it. pirate

Hold still so we can stab you with a needle full of happy?
Reason whatever number we are on

Thorough lack of shift key use.... grrrrr! It's there for a reason people. (and not to look nifty)

Example
LOL n00bs will be n00bs

if n00bs weren't n00bs, they'd read the stickies!!! then no more need for this rant thread~

i dun think this rant thread belongs in this forum
& the OP has opinions too- say what if i liked Eragon? sure, the writing's bad, but what if you liek cheap entertainment?
Tailos-teichou
Aylen

Hold still so we can stab you with a needle full of happy?

Pshh, I dun wanna be happy. dramallama

kitedragon
LOL n00bs will be n00bs

if n00bs weren't n00bs, they'd read the stickies!!! then no more need for this rant thread~

i dun think this rant thread belongs in this forum
& the OP has opinions too- say what if i liked Eragon? sure, the writing's bad, but what if you liek cheap entertainment?

I guess this is more to keep my own head from going splody than it is for the new people. I have the illusion of productivity. XD

It doesn't actually matter if you like Eragon or whatnot. You post it in the Entertainment forum and in the WF anyway.
bijoux_roses
Reason whatever number we are on

Thorough lack of shift key use.... grrrrr! It's there for a reason people. (and not to look nifty)

Example
A little amendment: There is a distinct difference between teh shift key and the caps lock button. Some people, noobs in particular, don't seem to know the difference.
Gale the Awesome
Reason 23 - you thought this was cool.

This reason needs no description.

I think I'm going to hurl. That...there is no words for how awful that bit of poetry is.
Lydia Trebond
Gale the Awesome

I think I'm going to hurl. That...there is no words for how awful that bit of poetry is.

*busy washing her eyes out with bleach*

Rule Whatever We're On-
Similar to the Paolini and Meyer stuff, but here in the WF we DON'T want to know what your favorite anime is, whether or not you think Bleach/Naruto/FMA whatever is the best shiz since sliced bread. We have a whole damn AMC forum for that. ******** use it.
Maybe it's not worth mentioning...BUT WRITING IN ALL CAPS GETS REALLY ANNOYING.

It slows me down when I'm reading. Also, another pet peeve is people's need to use four or five exclamation points. You only need one, guys.

Same goes for the "dot dot dot." (> >" My apologies...I can't seem to remember what it's called.) I was editing someone's journalism article for the school paper. They had written: "drum roll...................." When I tried to correct this annoying error, the teacher explained, "It's fine, let him have his drum roll."
Kloof
Same goes for the "dot dot dot." (> >" My apologies...I can't seem to remember what it's called.) I was editing someone's journalism article for the school paper. They had written: "drum roll...................." When I tried to correct this annoying error, the teacher explained,"It's fine, let him have his drum roll."

They're called ellipses. (Sp?)

Oh god. School papers are evil. The October edition of my school's is the rag I let my inner editor chew on during NaNo.
Lydia Trebond
Gale the Awesome

I'm just wait for happy to become the new angst, At least we'd have nicer images.

I don't understand why people write like that, and no "Because thats how I feel" is NOT an excuse, its not cool to be angsty they should talk to kids in Iraq before harking on about it. Besides no thought was put into that piece at all, writing AT ALL it was words splattered on a page, if your going to write you have to BE in the story and be prepared to get to know your character, just because its yours it does not mean you know EVERYTHING about him, same for your setting just because its your doesn't mean you know what every inch of it is like, at least thats how I feel. I know that was Poetry I just couldn't find a way to relate
Reason Number Something: Blatant spelling/grammar mistakes.

Seriously. You're supposed to be a WRITER. 50% (or something XD) of writing IS EDITING. I can understand a few slip-ups but...I see all sorts of glaring mistakes on here that the poster won't even bother to fix even after they've been corrected. ~___~
[~ Intricate Detail ~]

the nippleless men
Thank god, i knew i wasn't the only one who noticed that!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff