Welcome to Gaia! ::

I_Write_Ivre
Saffron Bunny

Sounds like you need notalwaysright.com

I hate those people by the way. It makes me look horrible by association, especially when I can't answer her immediately while fumbling for my card.

Hah, that website is awesome!

I've noticed sometimes I answer people too fast, and that could, quite possibly, be where I tend to make the biggest mistakes. When someone says something mean, my first thought is to retaliate either by the use of sarcastic remarks or simple verbal stabs at exactly what they're saying. They think they can make coffee better than I can? Obviously, they can't because they come to us practically begging for some caffeine, and they're willing to spend at least five dollars on it.

But I digress. That website is awesome!

Invisible Codger

Saffron Bunny
I_Write_Ivre
Saffron Bunny

Sounds like you need notalwaysright.com

I hate those people by the way. It makes me look horrible by association, especially when I can't answer her immediately while fumbling for my card.

Hah, that website is awesome!

I've noticed sometimes I answer people too fast, and that could, quite possibly, be where I tend to make the biggest mistakes. When someone says something mean, my first thought is to retaliate either by the use of sarcastic remarks or simple verbal stabs at exactly what they're saying. They think they can make coffee better than I can? Obviously, they can't because they come to us practically begging for some caffeine, and they're willing to spend at least five dollars on it.

But I digress. That website is awesome!

The whole damn network is full of DERP remarks.

By Customers

By Employee/Employers

By S.O.s

By Relatives
marshmallowcreampie
Some people deserve it. Some kids are bastards who know very well what they're doing. I say kids should post videos of their bullying incidents on YouTube, with no attempt to hide the identity of the bullies. If the bully doesn't care about his victim, why should the victim care about the bully? Have this happen to a few bullies and it discourages the others. Let the whole world call them out, like those kids who were picking on that bus assistant.

God, I'm messed up...

Maltese_Falcon91

Yes, it might be gratifying to single out people who you feel have harmed you out, and show the world what horrible people they are. Then sit back and watch as the world marks them forever. But, then wouldn't you have come full circle? You yourself would become a bully, and you'd only add more misery and suffering to the world.

Instead, what schools should be doing is focusing on counselling. Sit the bully and his victim down for an hour, and make them reconcile with one another. Make the fighting stop.

This discussion might have died, but please let me express my point(s).

1. I see where you're coming from Marshmallow. Believe me; I get it, but the kids who know what they're doing is wrong, they'd enjoy all the attention way too much and probably be proud of it and make it worse.

2. Mr. Falcon...I disagree. You've somewhat circumvented the problem by pointing out Marshmallow would become a bully in attempting to get rid of the bullies. Maybe so. But the truth is, some people have to taste their own medicine to understand how terrible it really is. It's not about self-gratification; it's about justice and having them realize that they will not get away with ruining someone else's life for pleasure or even if it's just because they're having a bad day. Let me make a decent example. In WW2, the U.S. got involved because Japan hit us at Pearl Harbor. Do you think if we had gone over there and said, "Hey don't do that anymore" that they would have backed off? No, certainly not; such are the rules of engagement in any war. Eventually, we would have had to strike back to SHOW them that they weren't getting away with it. Immediate retaliation instead of (probably useless) diplomacy solved a problem because I doubt they would have listened. It would be like any other country attacking any other country for the sake of war.

3. There is no reconciliation between bully and victim when most likely the victim is only being targeted by the bully for some reason other than personal grudge. You cannot make the fighting stop by making them pretend to be friends in front of you. An old acquaintance of mine had to explain this to me (because that is exactly what I thought before) and she ended up worse off for it because the bully didn't want to stop. Oh, the teachers and the councilor went on their merry way, patting themselves on the back for fixing a bullying problem when they didn't do anything at all because they, also, didn't address the problem. In this way, one cannot make the fighting stop.

4. To be honest with school bullies (and any bully really) there are only three realistic options to fix the problem. Identify the problem (the bully) and fix it by:

A. Getting the government irrevocably involved in his family, i.e. child services. Something's probably going wrong at home (which is by no means an excuse for bullies to be bullies).

B. Beating the crap out of them yourself. (This comes from personal experience. As a kid, this one girl would make fun of me and hit me sometimes (which went on for about six months) and one day in a nearby ballpark, she hit me and I...beat the crap out of her. And she might have hated me from then on, but she respected me. Actually we kinda hung out together after that, but you can never really tell how people really feel about you, right? Or at least, I can't.)

C. Suing the parents of the child for bullying. Of course, you'll have to have a psychiatrist and a bill to sue the parents for in order for this to stand up in court. Chances are, after being billed for their child's idiotic insecurity problems, they'll either get him counseling or "insist" that he stop bullying kids by taking away T.V. time or something. (This might make the bullying problem worse, but a repeat offender gets some time in the slammer.)
Tenshi Yaminade

Eh, normally I'd have some sort of response to that, but like Marshmallow pointed out that whole debate was really off-topic. This sort of discussion really belongs in the ED, not the WF anyway.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Legal bump

Also, I'm curious: what if someone threw a pity-party post at a pity-party poster?

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
I_Write_Ivre
Legal bump

Also, I'm curious: what if someone threw a pity-party post at a pity-party poster?

Dude, that's so meta my mind just exploded.

(Seriously though, I don't have time to frequent here anymore. Did something happen... again?)

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Misuki Marishima
I_Write_Ivre
Legal bump

(Seriously though, I don't have time to frequent here anymore. Did something happen... again?)

I asked them not to center align and write in pale blue.
They said this was tantamount to murdering them.
I said I felt this was extreme and insulted to be called a killer.
She said that was threatening, all the while pleading to be forgiven and people to stop bullying her because obviously the whole forum hated her.

Invisible Codger

I_Write_Ivre
Misuki Marishima
I_Write_Ivre
Legal bump

She said that was threatening, all the while pleading to be forgiven and people to stop bullying her because obviously the whole forum hated her.

Sorry, did I read that correctly? I must have the link to 'Change your font = murdering.'

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Firlodge_3
I_Write_Ivre
Misuki Marishima
I_Write_Ivre
Legal bump

Sorry, did I read that correctly? I must have the link to 'Change your font = murdering.'

The thread was finally deleted by the crying OP.

Invisible Codger

I_Write_Ivre
Firlodge_3
I_Write_Ivre
Misuki Marishima
I_Write_Ivre
Legal bump

Deleted or 'deleted'?

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Firlodge_3
I_Write_Ivre
Firlodge_3
I_Write_Ivre
Misuki Marishima
I_Write_Ivre
Legal bump

Deleted or 'deleted'?

Whichever is 'asked the mods to take it down because being told not to throw a tantrum is too devastating'

Invisible Codger

I_Write_Ivre
Firlodge_3
I_Write_Ivre
Firlodge_3
I_Write_Ivre

Deleted or 'deleted'?

Whichever is 'asked the mods to take it down because being told not to throw a tantrum is too devastating'

Oh...

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
-facepalm- God, I freaking hate people like that. Man. Overrreaction much?

Maybe it's a good thing that the university has eaten up all my time. /le sigh I'm getting too old and impatient for these kinds of things.

Invisible Codger

Why are we in the chatterbox?

Invisible Ghost

Firlodge_3
Why are we in the chatterbox?
I suspect the thread has been deemed a chat thread, which aren't allowed in the WF. emotion_8c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff