Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
the hidden ghost
I only just got on. Did the myth thread turn into a train wreck? gonk

It's a new form of troll when someone invents something this thread hasn't seen not once, but twice. Saying the point of what they said was that it was a logical fallacy as well as asking 'WHY do we have to listen to the morals of respecting sex/gender, race, religion, etc' and asking who made them an on what authority.

Plus I've never seen so much hypocrisy and I've been with the WF for years.
I_Write_Ivre
Let's see, we've got insulting others while claiming he's insulted by being corrected, not being able to tell opinions and facts from each other, insisting he can change reality with his 'opinion', posting in the wrong forum, and demanding praise while hating everyone else with the Aethar thread.

Did I win bingo?

This is actually a friend of mine and I have read the thread. He does get a little...wild with the ranting. Then again he was antagonized to do so. Don't they call that trolling? It was a good story despite it's generic nature. Yet I don't think lying about the things that were said is very fair, especially when the story was only critiqued a few times and not once by you. All I read that you posted was criticizism, and not the good kind, about his person, not him as a writer, his techniques, or the writing in general. It seems to me that you were trying to alienate someone you assumed was a noob. If the you want to do that sort of thing to people then you shouldn't do it here. As you so eloquently put, this isn't the place.

Distinct Conversationalist

Yubasa
This is actually a friend of mine and I have read the thread. He does get a little...wild with the ranting. Then again he was antagonized to do so. Don't they call that trolling? It was a good story despite it's generic nature. Yet I don't think lying about the things that were said is very fair, especially when the story was only critiqued a few times and not once by you. All I read that you posted was criticizism, and not the good kind, about his person, not him as a writer, his techniques, or the writing in general. It seems to me that you were trying to alienate someone you assumed was a noob. If the you want to do that sort of thing to people then you shouldn't do it here. As you so eloquently put, this isn't the place.
Sweetheart, this is the bitching thread. If you want to do that "stand up for your friends, right or wrong, by shaming the person who called them out" thing, this isn't the place.

The WF has conflict. That's just a thing that is. This is where we come to offload, not to take the fight in new and horrible directions. Posts like this belong in the threads where things go wrong, not here.

Oh, and yeah, I'm bitching about this.
Oh I'm pretty sure I can find it in me to be a b***h. If that's what ya want.
Yubasa

She was just trying to tell you that looking for conflict in here is a bad idea since many people come in here to complain. It's just adding fuel to the fire.

From what I can gather, this particular incident happened almost a month ago. Surely everyone's gotten over it by now. What will bringing it up again accomplish? I understand wanting to protect your friend but you gotta know when to just let the embers die and move on.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Kairi Nightingale
Yubasa

She was just trying to tell you that looking for conflict in here is a bad idea since many people come in here to complain. It's just adding fuel to the fire.

From what I can gather, this particular incident happened almost a month ago. Surely everyone's gotten over it by now. What will bringing it up again accomplish? I understand wanting to protect your friend but you gotta know when to just let the embers die and move on.

Dude, ignore her. She's trying to provoke a fight about a fight and came here purely to do so.

Just think of her as an example.

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
While I understand the need for this thread, I saw it years ago and I disagreed with some points enough that two of my "Rules, regulations, and courtesies" are based on this thread.

The most noticeable one:
Quote:
User ImageChatting here is encouraged, but it must always center around writing skills. Failure to comply with this rule may cause the thread to be moved to the chatterbox. Talking about skills another author uses, books, movies, art, or other creative media is allowed as long as it pertains to writing skills and could potentially be applied to your own way of writing. The idea that writing skills are not interwoven in other creative media is contemptible and ridiculous.

A Few Examples of What is Allowed
1. Talking about synecdoche in a movie you liked or how that director moves his plot forward
2. Talking about why certain fanfiction fandoms are more focused on one skill than another, ex imagery versus narrating actions
3. Talking about metaphor in a certain piece of art, or how the placement of items leads the viewer to look at certain parts more than others, thus affecting the meaning of it.
4. Talking about whether the sex scenes in Anita Blake novels should be taken out because they detract from the plot, or if they further the plot
5. Talking about how often you practice writing, if you notice an improvement, and what music you listen to when writing.
6. Talking about how the audience "Twilight" was written for (young teens) affects it's content, and whether this hampers the quality of it because the character interactions are unrealistic, or adds to the quality because the naive interactions appeal to the target audience

A Few Examples of What is Not Allowed

1. Talking about how your day went, and why you hate your mom
2. Talking about the story you are currently writing and how great it is, but not mentioning what writing tools you incorporated in it.
3. Showing off the art you drew, asking for critiques on it.
4. Talking about how hot an actor was in a movie. You MAY talk about why his hotness is relevant to the story.
5. Talking about whether books or movies are better.
6. Talking about how much you dislike a fandom, or slash, or movies by a certain director. You may do this if you post writing skills related reasons for disliking them
7. Posting a "dumb things people do in stories" or "How to write a bad story" entry. Threads already exist for that.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Imalyose
While I understand the need for this thread, I saw it years ago and I disagreed with some points enough that two of my "Rules, regulations, and courtesies" are based on this thread.

The most noticeable one:
Quote:
User ImageChatting here is encouraged, but it must always center around writing skills. Failure to comply with this rule may cause the thread to be moved to the chatterbox. Talking about skills another author uses, books, movies, art, or other creative media is allowed as long as it pertains to writing skills and could potentially be applied to your own way of writing. The idea that writing skills are not interwoven in other creative media is contemptible and ridiculous.

1. Talking about synecdoche in a movie you liked or how that director moves his plot forward
2. Talking about why certain fanfiction fandoms are more focused on one skill than another, ex imagery versus narrating actions
3. Talking about metaphor in a certain piece of art, or how the placement of items leads the viewer to look at certain parts more than others, thus affecting the meaning of it.
4. Talking about whether the sex scenes in Anita Blake novels should be taken out because they detract from the plot, or if they further the plot
5. Talking about how often you practice writing, if you notice an improvement, and what music you listen to when writing.
6. Talking about how the audience "Twilight" was written for (young teens) affects it's content, and whether this hampers the quality of it because the character interactions are unrealistic, or adds to the quality because the naive interactions appeal to the target audience

2. Talking about the story you are currently writing and how great it is, but not mentioning what writing tools you incorporated in it.
4. Talking about how hot an actor was in a movie. You MAY talk about why his hotness is relevant to the story.
6. Talking about how much you dislike a fandom, or slash, or movies by a certain director. You may do this if you post writing skills related reasons for disliking them
7. Posting a "dumb things people do in stories" or "How to write a bad story" entry. Threads already exist for that.

So, which was a problem for you?

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
I_Write_Ivre
Imalyose

The most noticeable one:
Quote:

So, which was a problem for you?

Op's complete denial that art has a place in the writing section.

and the whole capitalizing thing. I don't pay attention to sentence grammar when i'm chatting (ex right now). Chatting is different from a story. Grammar is important in a story or article. here? not so much. When chatting I use capitalization to show how serious I am. when I'm serious about a subject, I automatically start capitalizing. When i'm joking around, I leave things loose. w W w W. Yes, the first post in a thread should have correct grammar, since it indicates what the thread is about. But aside from that? nyeh. I just don't think you can base how helpful someone is in this forum on whether or not their i's are lower case or upper case.

Hope this makes sense. I just took two of these tranquilizer pills for anxiety, and... I can't think anymore and feel floating and exhausted. so....

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Imalyose

First, the OP is a mod. Second, the writing forum is int he artist's section, along with where to post visual art.

The mod is telling you to keep those separate, as this forum is spammed like hell.

If you want to combine them, either use art you have permission to use and actually integrate it into the point of the thread, or go to the comics creators forum.

Imalyose
and the whole capitalizing thing. I don't pay attention to sentence grammar when i'm chatting (ex right now). Chatting is different from a story. Grammar is important in a story or article. here? not so much. When chatting I use capitalization to show how serious I am. when I'm serious about a subject, I automatically start capitalizing. When i'm joking around, I leave things loose. w W w W. Yes, the first post in a thread should have correct grammar, since it indicates what the thread is about. But aside from that? nyeh. I just don't think you can base how helpful someone is in this forum on whether or not their i's are lower case or upper case.

Just as you learned from kindergarten and beyond, always capitalize and use grammar. The WF is not a place to chat, that's why it's int he rules. Chatting goes int eh GD (sometimes), or the chatterbox ( even there people use good grammar and syntax).

Just as in this thread and the anti-guide (and every post you make about it), you'e going to be told that if you can't be trusted to writer properly in a forum about writing, you're going to get people telling you to fix that before they address any plot, setting, or character problems you have. Proper grammar is expected on most of the internet these days.

Imalyose
Hope this makes sense. I just took two of these tranquilizer pills for anxiety, and... I can't think anymore and feel floating and exhausted. so....

Actually, the tranquilizers make sense. I take medical marijuana and my judgment was screwed almost to nine hells then. Hopefully you'll realize these are mistakes when you come down (or up).

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
I_Write_Ivre
Imalyose

First, the OP is a mod. Second, the writing forum is int he artist's section, along with where to post visual art.

The mod is telling you to keep those separate, as this forum is spammed like hell.

If you want to combine them, either use art you have permission to use and actually integrate it into the point of the thread, or go to the comics creators forum.

Imalyose

Just as you learned from kindergarten and beyond, always capitalize and use grammar. The WF is not a place to chat, that's why it's int he rules. Chatting goes int eh GD (sometimes), or the chatterbox ( even there people use good grammar and syntax).

Just as in this thread and the anti-guide (and every post you make about it), you'e going to be told that if you can't be trusted to writer properly in a forum about writing, you're going to get people telling you to fix that before they address any plot, setting, or character problems you have. Proper grammar is expected on most of the internet these days.

Imalyose

Actually, the tranquilizers make sense. I take medical marijuana and my judgment was screwed almost to nine hells then. Hopefully you'll realize these are mistakes when you come down (or up).
I am both worried and not worried that I will waste my day. I am 100% glad that I at least HAVE an excuse to procrastinate, though. no, this isn't as bad as when I smoke up, or maybe it is. It is but without the fun. Does that make sense? It's being dumb, knowing you are dumb, but being too relaxed to get up so the dumbness can make you act dumb. how the ******** hell did I get high off of 1mg of lorazapam? that makes no sense whatsoever. Seriously..... 1 single miligram. how?

anyways, I have logical points to address what you wrote but i'm not quite able to gather my thoughts to write them right now,

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Imalyose

anyways, I have logical points to address what you wrote but i'm not quite able to gather my thoughts to write them right now,

I doubt you do as a) you learned this in school, b) It's how it's always been and won't change, and c) you're still high, so you probably aren't thinking straight still and d) the mod will tell you pretty much the same thing, and e) it's the mod you need to contact about them anyway.

Salty Veteran

19,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Devin 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
Wait, we have REASONS behind why we go for the jugular in here? o_o Man, and here I thought it was just always feeding time in the WF. . . guess I should lurk less and get with the times.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Osidiano
Wait, we have REASONS behind why we go for the jugular in here? o_o Man, and here I thought it was just always feeding time in the WF. . . guess I should lurk less and get with the times.

Telling people to do what they learned since kindergarten is going for the jugular?

I think I missed something...

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Osidiano

Well, people here do like an excuse to go for the jugular, as you say, but there are certain things that will especially make a person a target. cat_rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff