Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Phantom

Legendary_Masaki
Nougami Tork
I too have seen most of the anime that appeared in the past... up until now, but for me, Toonami is about showcasing anime,
for the benefit of ALL other animes.

I agree its not the most ideal lineup but its much better than it was. I was really disappointed when they first brought Toonami back because it felt like they didn't really change much. It was the same block for the same amount of time just with the Toonami name slapped on but the fact that they're extending it gives me hope. I agree with Legendary_Masaki though, just the fact that they are showing more anime will benefit the industry and get more fans interested. I mean I've seen a lot of them too but just because fans that have been around longer have seen them doesn't mean everyone has seen them. I mean it would make me really happy if some new anime fan could enjoy something like Cowboy Bebop for the first time just as much as I did when I was younger. I think the important thing is that the return of Toonami is good for the industry and good for anime fans. Besides if they start out with tried and true classics and get a good response then hopefully they'll start showing new stuff. Plus I think a lot of fans are happy to see old favorites even if they do own them already. cat_wink I've actually heard more people say "bring back such and such" than I have people who want new stuff. I dunno, there's just something special about seeing those old favorites on Toonami again. emotion_kirakira I say bravo Cartoon Network!! cat_biggrin
1 more hour. emotion_awesome
Right when you thought Adult Swim was done showing reruns of Cowboy Bebop for 10 years straight...turns out they were just taking a break.
Glad to see Thundercats back though, I wondered what happened to that!
And Eureka 7 and Ghost in the Shell are always favorites so...

Dangerous Visionary

Nougami Tork
Oh hey look.
A line up of shows that I've not only seen.
But own the majority of or could watch on netflix.

I don't think it's a bad line up, in fact I think it's a lot fresher than it's been in a while.
The only reason I don't watch toonami is because they never air anything I haven't already watched.
For christ sakes, more half the things being recommended by kids in this thread are things I've seen ages ago.
I won't watch Toonami till I see some truly fresh blood on the lineup.
They better not put Index on the lineup after it gets released, we don't need more retards in our fandom. Our quota has been met.

That's going to be a little impossible in this day and age. As most of the time simucasting comes first if Toonami lives long enough to get Sailor Moon 2013 MOST of us will have already seen it as well. (Just maybe not in English)

Dangerous Visionary

The Climax
Right when you thought Adult Swim was done showing reruns of Cowboy Bebop for 10 years straight...turns out they were just taking a break.

I felt the same with Inuyasha. (Though I would in fact check out the final act if they ever get around to airing it) Also CN screwed Thundercats like I kind of felt they would.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Thundercats/Simbiotic - definitely not feeling the younger audience these deserve. After Deadman I figured they were trying to cater to the older audience that grew up with Toonami.

Though it would be hilarious if they aired a hentai. lol I wonder if their ratings would go up or down with that.

Dangerous Visionary

dreamsk
Thundercats/Simbiotic - definitely not feeling the younger audience these deserve. After Deadman I figured they were trying to cater to the older audience that grew up with Toonami.

Though it would be hilarious if they aired a hentai. lol I wonder if their ratings would go up or down with that.

Yeah that's the sad thing about the revamp Toonami its pretty much for the older kids which kind of defeats the purpose a little bit. I rather it was on a lot earlier. Maybe on Sunday right after DC Nation.
Miss-dark8607
The Climax

I felt the same with Inuyasha. (Though I would in fact check out the final act if they ever get around to airing it) Also CN screwed Thundercats like I kind of felt they would.
I was actually in shock when I found out the whole Toonami thing didn't conclude with Inuyasha in the morning, and now it's all wierd cause I kinda miss it. Plus coming from a dedicated fan of the original Thundercats I was uber impressed with the remake, then after Season 1 CN just decides to put it on uneccesary hiatus!

Dangerous Visionary

The Climax
Miss-dark8607
The Climax

I was actually in shock when I found out the whole Toonami thing didn't conclude with Inuyasha in the morning, and now it's all wierd cause I kinda miss it. Plus coming from a dedicated fan of the original Thundercats I was uber impressed with the remake, then after Season 1 CN just decides to put it on uneccesary hiatus!

I don't miss Inuyasha! GOSH I was glad when it was finally removed. (main series or series I) however I'm not against adding the final act. Like I said CN has a nice habit of screwing over good shows just like Nick.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff