Welcome to Gaia! ::

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Cosmic Pilgrim
Robot Giny
Apollinaria
Women, however, have more of an emotional need for intimacy as opposed to a physical need for sex so they are more "delicate" and sensitive about it.
emotion_facepalm Sweet jesus.

Anyway, I think that there are different motivations for (heterosexual) men to have a lot of casual sex. I'm sure with some men it goes back to a simple douchebag macho complex. With other men, it's because they like the intimacy of sex, but they dislike romantic relationships.

That's pretty much it. It's not that complicated. Now if a guy hounds you for months and months? Probably a douchebag.
She's right. Women crave sex almost purely for the feeling of intimacy and being "loved" (even if its in a strictly physical/carnal sense). As such, masturbation simply cannot serve as a substitution to sex for women, and it's why women go months, years or even their whole lives without ever masturbating. It's also the reason why so many women will have sex even without any intent of getting an orgasm and just faking it. Can you imagine a guy having sex and not being concerned about getting an orgasm? wtf thats like the whole point of sex for a guy. For guys, intimacy is nice and all, but sex is first and foremost about satiating a primal lust. This is why masturbation can serve as an inferior substitute to sex for guys.

Women can function fine without getting off, but for guys, not jerking off or having sex for a prolonged period of time (like even one week) can cause a genuine feeling of uneasiness. It's the reason why every traditional religion, being almost entirely the construct of men, condemns sex for the sake of sex. Libfags, in their infinite idiocy, think true freedom involves being able to ******** whores, drink alcohol, smoke weed whenever you want. Religion understands that the highest freedom lies in relinquishing our desires and to no longer be a slave to our own bodies.

Seriously, if you 'tards weren't so brainwashed by liberalism, and made a genuine honest effort at understanding nature as it really is, everything I said should make perfect sense.
I hope you don't practice your philosophy so literally when you have sex with women. Women only fake orgasms when they're having sex with a dude who pouts like a toddler when she can't say she's able to come in the three minutes he jackhammers her.

Benevolent Smoker

I dunno, because they can? neutral

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Cosmic Pilgrim
Robot Giny
Cosmic Pilgrim
Robot Giny
Apollinaria
Women, however, have more of an emotional need for intimacy as opposed to a physical need for sex so they are more "delicate" and sensitive about it.
emotion_facepalm Sweet jesus.

Anyway, I think that there are different motivations for (heterosexual) men to have a lot of casual sex. I'm sure with some men it goes back to a simple douchebag macho complex. With other men, it's because they like the intimacy of sex, but they dislike romantic relationships.

That's pretty much it. It's not that complicated. Now if a guy hounds you for months and months? Probably a douchebag.
She's right. Women crave sex almost purely for the feeling of intimacy and being "loved" (even if its in a strictly physical/carnal sense). As such, masturbation simply cannot serve as a substitution to sex for women, and it's why women go months, years or even their whole lives without ever masturbating. It's also the reason why so many women will have sex even without any intent of getting an orgasm and just faking it. Can you imagine a guy having sex and not being concerned about getting an orgasm? wtf thats like the whole point of sex for a guy. For guys, intimacy is nice and all, but sex is first and foremost about satiating a primal lust. This is why masturbation can serve as an inferior substitute to sex for guys.

Women can function fine without getting off, but for guys, not jerking off or having sex for a prolonged period of time (like even one week) can cause a genuine feeling of uneasiness. It's the reason why every traditional religion, being almost entirely the construct of men, condemns sex for the sake of sex. Libfags, in their infinite idiocy, think true freedom involves being able to ******** whores, drink alcohol, smoke weed whenever you want. Religion understands that the highest freedom lies in relinquishing our desires and to no longer be a slave to our own bodies.

Seriously, if you 'tards weren't so brainwashed by liberalism, and made a genuine honest effort at understanding nature as it really is, everything I said should make perfect sense.
I hope you don't practice your philosophy so literally when you have sex with women. Women only fake orgasms when they're having sex with a dude who pouts like a toddler when she can't say she's able to come in the three minutes he jackhammers her.
That's besides the point. Bottom line is that if getting off was such a primal need for women as it is for men, then they should either be fapping away when they're alone or be more insistent about getting an orgasm while having sex. But the fact is, there are plenty of women who do neither and are just fine. A little unsatisfied maybe, but nowhere near the same as what a guy experiences when he doesn't get off in a really long time.
Oh, Cosmic Pilgrim. You really need to talk to some women. Create a poll or something.
I'm a female, and I went through that not-settling-down phase when my ex and I split. Slutty? Wrong? Maybe, depending on your personal views on casual sex.

I wanted some physical touch without having to put any effort into a relationship. I was hurting over my ex but was rather enjoying my newfound freedom. I didn't want another relationship. Just a few hours in my bed then GTFO. Not necessarily to help get over him or anything.. rebounding is never a good idea. I reckon I just wanted the satisfaction of a warm body.

Angelic Streaker

10,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Partygoer 500
User Image Because men are programmed to 'sow their seed' as much,
as possible and with as many women as possible to ensure many children.
Not to mention that depending on the age group you're looking at,
younger guys likely wont want to 'settle down' for a while. And good on them.
In my opinion, wanting to settle down right away or early is naive and foolish. User Image
It honestly depends on one's own sex drive... I've never experienced casual sex before, I've only had 2 partners... And I can say that my sex drive is just as strong as a guy's. That being said, I know girls that have casual sex with partners that they're not tied down with, not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just their personal preference.

Fashionable Genius

Because they do?...
Cosmic Pilgrim

Besides, what the ******** does a woman's word mean here? Do women have any idea about what it means to be a man and to understand how sexuality works for men? No, so how the ******** would their testimonials help settle this matter? Women can say their need to have sex is just as strong as that of a man, but how the ******** would they know that? If anything, the people you wanna ask are the trannies. In particular, those who've undergone hormone treatment for a long time.

emotion_yatta
How long we talkin?
There's not as much costs involved for a man having sex than a woman, the risks are a lot smaller. Men don't get pregnant, women do. Getting pregnant is a very high cost that men lack, therefore it shouldn't be surprising that men would be more willing to do an activity than women because the cost and risks involved aren't as bad for them.

Not to mention there could be potential evolutionary explanations in the case of natural selection. Natural selection would select males who slept around with lots of women. Men who sleep with lots of women will spread have their genes more frequent in the human gene pool than males who don't sleep around, and therefore you will find that there will be a large share of males (if not the majority) who have a strong urge to sleep around with lots of women for this reason. Whatever combination of genes that causes men to have a strong urge to sleep around with men was naturally selected.

Psychologically speaking I can't say, however all I would say is that as a male it is 100% true to say that to us sex is really just an urge. After I get off I really don't feel any urge having sex anymore, to think about sex anymore, or even think about having any close contact/bond with a woman in general.

Once I get off the state of my mind literally changes and I start thinking about things I normally think about which have nothing to do with sex at all.

Sex is really like an on-off switch to us, once we turn the switch off we literally are done and just don't think about it anymore. This is the reason why I think having a relationship with a woman is a waste of time. The only reason I think it would be worthwhile to be in a relationship with a woman is for sex, nothing else I can think of makes it worthwhile. There's only one girl who I ever wanted a genuine relationship with that was more than just about sex, but she didn't even like me that much and I suspect she doesn't like me, so this option is off the table for me.

I'm not sure with women if it's the same, I'm not a woman so I wouldn't know.

So as for your question about "Why would men sleep around?" Well why wouldn't they sleep around? If your sexuality worked the way I explained, similar to an on-off switch, and sex was merely just an urge, why would you stay with one person if you had the opportunity, knowledge, and power to sleep with multiple people? Some men do stick around with women, and in many cases I suspect it's because those men think that they can't get anything any better, or maybe they think that although it would be better to sleep with multiple women, the transaction costs involved seducing each and every female is tiring and annoying and therefore it is more worthwhile to just stick with one female.

I know females would not like to hear it, but I think the fact is that if men were able to sleep with lots of women, knew they could, and at the same time didn't have to spend a lot of time/resources in order to seduce a woman, then the vast majority of men would sleep around and not be in a relationship with just one woman.

Conservative Voter

3,500 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Partygoer 500
Purified Envy
Apollinaria
ninja

This question has been on my mind for 2 years now since an absurdly attractive guy said he wanted to bang my brains out. He still texts and calls in hopes of getting in my panties.

I say nay.

So, what prompts men to sleep around?

To those that say "He doesn't wanna settle down.", why would a guy not want to "settle down"? What does that even mean? I don't wanna settle anywhere neutral Not like I'm offering a relationship rofl Ain't got no time for s**t.

Mommy issues? Rejection? What if they're stupidly good looking? I haven't yet heard a reason I can comprehend that justifies an attractive guy eating cookies all the time. After all, how can he feel insecure if he's so appealing, successful, etc.

Opinions, question, comments, moans of protest, howls of disgust?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Guys are not the only ones sleeping around. The sex drive of women is on an equal level.

I think the more important question is why ANYONE would want to sleep around instead of finding them self someone to settle down with.
Actually a study showed that women are actually more likely of committing sexual infidelity.

Eloquent Fatcat

This thread makes me not want another man. If all men are truly like what Gonecrazy has described, I don't see the point. All five of the guys I've loved with my whole being cheated on me with multiple people, and now I see that men really aren't programmed to be with one person their whole life. Thanks so much for sparing me the pain of a sixth try.

Conservative Voter

3,500 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Partygoer 500
Bastets Blessing
This thread makes me not want another man. If all men are truly like what Gonecrazy has described, I don't see the point. All five of the guys I've loved with my whole being cheated on me with multiple people, and now I see that men really aren't programmed to be with one person their whole life. Thanks so much for sparing me the pain of a sixth try.
...Or maybe you could just do yourself a favor by not dating assholes and blaming all men because you aren't good at finding what you want in relationships.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff